Who do you support for Governor in New York in 2010?

Posted in the Rockville Centre Forum

Comments (Page 290)

Showing posts 5,781 - 5,800 of6,182
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Obskeptic

Northville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Wloclawek Warrior wrote:
OPRAH WIMDBLOW SHOULD BE THE WINNER, SHE IS AS FAT AS A PIG NOW
I find it interesting and hypocritical that Oprah is embraced by the left because she agrees with them, even though she is a whale, but one of the first criticism of Limbaugh is that he's a fat pig, even though he has lost most of his extra weight.
oooooooooo

Troy, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

whatsitallabout wrote:
I don't want to experience another cuomo in the governor's office
he has my vote

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

oooooooooo wrote:
<quoted text>he has my vote
I hope your stupidity isn't terminal.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason, Co-author of the Second Amendment

"And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the Press, or the rights of Conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms; "
- Samuel Adams, American Statesman and Founding Father

"Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence from the hour the Pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurrences and tendencies prove that to ensure peace security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable the very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
- George Washington, General and First President of the United States

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States
De Odumbo Conser

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

De Oppresso Liber wrote:
"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason, Co-author of the Second Amendment
"And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the Press, or the rights of Conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms; "
- Samuel Adams, American Statesman and Founding Father
"Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence from the hour the Pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurrences and tendencies prove that to ensure peace security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable the very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
- George Washington, General and First President of the United States
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson, Third President of the United States
Your quotes are meaningless, nothing more than opinions. Read Federalist Paper 29, from which it is clear that the founding fathers meant an organized militia under the direct control of the federal government:

"This desirable uniformity can only be accomplished by confiding the regulation of the militia to the direction of the national authority. It is, therefore, with the most evident propriety, that the plan of the convention proposes to empower the Union "to provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining the militia, and for governing such part of them as may be employed in the service of the United States, RESERVING TO THE STATES RESPECTIVELY THE APPOINTMENT OF THE OFFICERS, AND THE AUTHORITY OF TRAINING THE MILITIA ACCORDING TO THE DISCIPLINE PRESCRIBED BY CONGRESS."

"Little more can reasonably be aimed at, with respect to the people at large, than to have them properly armed and equipped; and in order to see that this be not neglected, it will be necessary to assemble them once or twice in the course of a year."

http://www.foundingfathers.info/federalistpap...

They absolutely were not talking about an individual right to keep and bear arms, but rather - just as the second amendment says - a well regulated militia. Look up the word "militia".
Geoff

Binghamton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

We know from Title 10 U.S. Code, S311:
Militia: composition and classes

(a) The milita of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b) The classes of militia are -
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

De Odumbo Conser wrote:
<quoted text>
Your quotes are meaningless, nothing more than opinions. Read Federalist Paper 29, from which it is clear that the founding fathers meant an organized militia under the direct control of the federal government:
"This desirable uniformity can only be accomplished by confiding the regulation of the militia to the direction of the national authority. It is, therefore, with the most evident propriety, that the plan of the convention proposes to empower the Union "to provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining the militia, and for governing such part of them as may be employed in the service of the United States, RESERVING TO THE STATES RESPECTIVELY THE APPOINTMENT OF THE OFFICERS, AND THE AUTHORITY OF TRAINING THE MILITIA ACCORDING TO THE DISCIPLINE PRESCRIBED BY CONGRESS."
"Little more can reasonably be aimed at, with respect to the people at large, than to have them properly armed and equipped; and in order to see that this be not neglected, it will be necessary to assemble them once or twice in the course of a year."
They absolutely were not talking about an individual right to keep and bear arms, but rather - just as the second amendment says - a well regulated militia. Look up the word "militia".
I guess you were in the room, when the second amnedment was written. Who cares what an obamaphile thinks, you are incapable of independent thought, you are a mindless cultist.
Geoff

Binghamton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

De Oppresso Liber wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you were in the room, when the second amnedment was written.
Were you?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Geoff wrote:
We know from Title 10 U.S. Code, S311:
Militia: composition and classes
(a) The milita of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b) The classes of militia are -
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.
Ecoute Geoff, the liberal mind interprets the exact same information differently from the conservative, i.e. you see Utopia, I see the dulling of freedom and the evolutionary progression of the human spirit which has produced the greatest standard of living for all of mankind. You see a great president, a champion of social justice, I see a narcissist thug politician who lies to useful idiots, to further his ruthless agenda. Have a cup of tea and enjoy your freedom while you still have it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Geoff wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you?
That's my point.
Jon

Gloversville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

ANY BODY BUT CUOMO.

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Fred Savage
Geoff

Binghamton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

De Oppresso Liber wrote:
<quoted text>
Ecoute Geoff, the liberal mind interprets the exact same information differently from the conservative, i.e. you see Utopia, I see the dulling of freedom and the evolutionary progression of the human spirit which has produced the greatest standard of living for all of mankind. You see a great president, a champion of social justice, I see a narcissist thug politician who lies to useful idiots, to further his ruthless agenda. Have a cup of tea and enjoy your freedom while you still have it.
Your grouping of people into liberal/conservative is another reason why folks like you keep losing elections. There is a large group of people in this country that are moderates. But you are told to believe otherwise and therefore anyone that disagrees with you must be a 'Liberal!'.

You don't know what I see or what I think so stop pretending you know what you are talking about.

Until you kids grow up you will continue to fail.
Geoff

Binghamton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

De Oppresso Liber wrote:
<quoted text>
That's my point.
Then stop pretending you were and that you know what they were thinking.

The well-regulated militia of the Second Amendment was a concession to the demands of the slave-holding states whose plantation economies were threatened by slave revolts. Those states insisted on the right to state-regulated militias. Once the slaves were freed, the militias took another form: They moved under the white sheets and hoods of the not-so-well-regulated militias of the Ku Klux Klan, burning crosses on the lawns of blacks and of whites who had forgotten who they were: members of a supposedly superior race.
Tough

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Clinton- 2016
Cuomo- 2020 or 2024
Booker-2020 or 2024

Please lead the citizen's of America!

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

The Fonz

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Geoff wrote:
<quoted text>
Your grouping of people into liberal/conservative is another reason why folks like you keep losing elections. There is a large group of people in this country that are moderates. But you are told to believe otherwise and therefore anyone that disagrees with you must be a 'Liberal!'.
You don't know what I see or what I think so stop pretending you know what you are talking about.
Until you kids grow up you will continue to fail.
I wouldn't pretend to know what you are talking about, so why do you?
Teddy R

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

De Odumbo Conser wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah - that one was written by Hamilton. If he'd had his way, we'd have had an imperial POTUS and federal government.

The Federalists were just one party among several. Their views in this regard did not prevail.

The Constitution, as Ratified, supersedes this, and the SCOTUS has ruled that the 2A absolutely confers an INDIVIDUAL right to keep & bear arms. This is now the settled and supreme law of the land, whether you, Diane Feinstein, or Alexander Hamilton (bless 'im) like it or not.

Your argument here is therefore null and void.
Just Saying

Mineola, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Next election I'm voting for ABC - Anybody But Cuomo!
Wloclawek Warrior

Colonial Heights, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it interesting and hypocritical that Oprah is embraced by the left because she agrees with them, even though she is a whale, but one of the first criticism of Limbaugh is that he's a fat pig, even though he has lost most of his extra weight.
a DEFLATED BALLOON MAKES THE MOST NOISE

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 5,781 - 5,800 of6,182
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Rockville Centre News Video

•••
•••

Rockville Centre Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Rockville Centre People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••