Officials demolish Rockville Centre home

Officials demolish Rockville Centre home

There are 7 comments on the South Shore Record story from Jun 17, 2011, titled Officials demolish Rockville Centre home. In it, South Shore Record reports that:

Village officials on Friday condemned and demolished the house at 83 Clinton Ave.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Shore Record.

The Niece

Huntington, NY

#1 Jun 17, 2011
This is not the end. The town had NO RIGHT to do this and they will be held accountable!
The Niece

Huntington, NY

#2 Jun 17, 2011
One more thing, check your records, it was not 24 animals it was a lot less and the Nassau Animal Protection said they were in nice health and well feed.
Just for the record, it was "really nice" that a catholic school is about 25 yards away and knew the woman was poverty stricken all those years and did nothing about it!
To the Niece

Highland, NY

#3 Jun 21, 2011
First off the town did have the right to demolish the home. It was condemend. Second if your aunt was that poverty stricked why didn't you help your Aunt.
Similar situation

Rosedale, NY

#4 Jun 22, 2011
How do I get the condemned house I live next door to torn down? It was abandoned by cat hoarders 6 months ago, is infested with flies and reaks of cat urine.
To "The Neice" where were you all the years this was going on? The TOH had every right to tear down a public nusance, please refer to Chapter 90 of the TOH Building Code and your Aunt's neighbors have a right to open up a window in the summer without gagging from the smell of urine and feces!
Fed up Resident

Valley Stream, NY

#5 Jun 24, 2011
I understood that the Village did the demo. The Property was in terrible shape! I understood that the woman hat lived there was gainfully employed. Why would it be up to a school to take care of a gainfully employed Adult? It's an elementary school. They have enough issues paying tuition apart from looking out for an animal abuser.

To the niece: When was the last time you visited your Aunt at this address? Did you not notice anything odd inside the House? Dead animals, rotting carcases?
Truth Hurts

Bellmore, NY

#6 Jun 25, 2011
The Niece wrote:
One more thing, check your records, it was not 24 animals it was a lot less and the Nassau Animal Protection said they were in nice health and well feed.
Just for the record, it was "really nice" that a catholic school is about 25 yards away and knew the woman was poverty stricken all those years and did nothing about it!
And what exactly were they supposed to do about?

Something you couldn't do?

If the house was salvageable, why didn't you do something about it while the woman was in the hospital?
Justice NOT served

Mineola, NY

#7 Mar 14, 2016
Karma must come someday. It was so rotten for a Village to not offer help themselves. If she were a black or Hispanic woman, someone would have offered some assistance. The Village never gave proper notice to the woman and did not pull the permit to demolish until after the fact. Amazing.

Everyone has a choice in life and she choice her animals. Unfortunately she was very ill and very much wanted to be independent. It is a fact, the Village knew she was the in hospital for months and supposedly sent notice to her which was returned undeliverable. They made no attempts to contact her in the hospital where they knew she was residing during her illness. She should have been given time to remedy the situation. The folks on Montauk Ave just a few days later, who had a much worse circumstance where allowed to clean the hell hole. Not this woman she was abused by the Village. Tell me how fair this whole disgraceful matter is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rockville Centre Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Franklin Square sex extortionist gets 4-8 years (Feb '08) Apr 29 Obi-1981 37
News Brooklyn man arrested in robbery of gold dealer... Apr 29 commodity broker 2
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Hicksville (Feb '14) Apr 27 marissamacc11 41
Experience The Me Nobody Knows at Adelphi Unive... Apr 26 Adelphi University 1
81 is more then just Sex offenders and child po... (Apr '13) Apr 26 Gene Pool 3
moving to freeport (Mar '06) Apr 25 Andres 52
vote for Trump, out with the Lawyer driven sham Apr 25 Gene Pool 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rockville Centre Mortgages