Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: CBS2 51,237

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Full Story
mahz

Trenton, IL

#36077 Dec 2, 2012
Smirk
Kimares Inner Lesbian

Elkhorn, WI

#36078 Dec 2, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
That's one butch lesbian in Wisconsin...
Which brings up a question.
Why does a butch lesbian dress and act like a man to attract another lesbian???
It seems to me that it is almost a man trying to get someone not quite a woman...
Smirk.
I'm so embarrassed. You're constantly harping on others about reality and denial. Then, when I post a picture of us, you don't even recognize us. Maybe it is time to uncover all of the mirrors in the house and face the music? Don't worry, I'll stick with you.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#36079 Dec 2, 2012
mahz wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times are you going to keep repeating the same material? You need some new lines. You need to up your game Your act is tired and played out.
Maybe when you answer the question. You know, admit homosexuality is a genetic defect.

Moreover, marriage is the cultural constraint on the millions of years of evolutionary refinement of mating behavior. Gay unions, rather than being the same, are in fact a direct and severe violation of the primary focus of evolution.

Does that make you uncomfortable?

Sorry.

Smirk.
Anonymous

Carbondale, IL

#36080 Dec 2, 2012
I think this is wonderful. I support same-sex marriage. If you don't, in my eyes that's just plain ignorance and hate. Love is LOVE. Simple. They want to be married, so what? Straight people get to be married, I don't see what the big deal is. Why should it be legal for straight people to be married, but not homosexuals?
mahz

Trenton, IL

#36081 Dec 2, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe when you answer the question. You know, admit homosexuality is a genetic defect.
Moreover, marriage is the cultural constraint on the millions of years of evolutionary refinement of mating behavior. Gay unions, rather than being the same, are in fact a direct and severe violation of the primary focus of evolution.
Does that make you uncomfortable?
Sorry.
Smirk.
More repeats. We already went over all of this. Like I said, you're played out and have nothing left.

Smirk.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#36082 Dec 3, 2012
Saluki Rod wrote:
I wonder how long it'll take the Neo-Nazi Far Right Christians to mobilize against this? It's just letting gays be married, what's the big freaking deal? I'm straight, and see no harm to society.
Thank you for being a straight person and supporting our rights...The gay community appreciates you comment here.

Location hidden

#36083 Dec 3, 2012
Gay Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
We just want what you already have. Simple, really.
I couldn't agree more. We deserve the same rights as straight people. We are humans, just as they are. We are NOT second class citizens. And, by the end of this week, we could actually be legalized in every state, and we should have already been. But, I have all the confidence in the world this will pass. And then, maybe the world will see, that we aren't hurting anyone. We aren't bad people, we are good people with families, just as everyone else, and we deserve to be treated as such.

Location hidden

#36084 Dec 3, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>If you really are an emotionally stunted, maturity deprived, mentally challenged 12 year-old, I'll apologize for what I'm thinking about you right now, but if not... Your original post and your response to the poster who replied to you, demonstrates the lack of intellect and reason we're up against and proves once and for all the need for equal treatment and respect under the law for Lesbian and Gay Americans. Ranting idiotic bigots such as yourself serve to prove the righteousness of our cause, keep up the good work.
Very well said...I think you covered it all!! Good job!:)

Location hidden

#36085 Dec 3, 2012
Did It Hurt wrote:
<quoted text>
It will be interesting to see what the divorce rate will be. That will be another right that they will get to enjoy too!
You know, the divorce rate with straight people is higher than it has ever been in the history of time. So, what do you think about that. I have been with my partner for many years now, and we have plenty of gay couples that have been together ranging from 9 years - 38 years. Now, I think there is many gay men that don't make it in relationships due to age. They are immature on many levels. Most of them want a relationship that will last forever when they turn 18. It's a little wacky if you ask me, but what straight person doesn't go through the same thing when they are young? Just my opinion.

Location hidden

#36086 Dec 3, 2012
I wonder if everyone will feel the same when they are forced to start paying for their AIDS treatments and other benefits they may qualify for as spouses, not partners.

Location hidden

#36087 Dec 3, 2012
bad idea wrote:
<quoted text>
Join the blacks, they blame other people for their dissatisfaction in life as well. "Everyone just wants things to be fair." Well, reality check, life isn't fair. Also, think about it like this. How will civilization continue to exist with there becoming more and more gays? Last time I checked, a dude can't get another dude pregnant. Don't gay people, men in particular, have a drastically increased risk of aids? Yes they do. Isn't that expensive to treat? Yes it is. Don't most people with aids not have health care? Well, yes. Who pays for their treatments then? The taxpayer. Oh, well its seems to me the american taxpayer should be up in arms because in a round about way, this will only cost them more. It's also un-natural for a child to be reared by gay's. That is already putting them behind the 8 ball to start their life. Kids are cruel, so why would you want to subject a kid to anymore cruelty? The list goes on and on as to why this is a bad idea. Just my opinion.
Although this is just your opinion, and I respect that. I have to point out a few things that you haven't done your homework on before you posted this ridiculous opinion of yours. First, NO, the highest rate of a person being infected with the HIV virus, is African Woman. It has been for years. Second, if a person already has insurance, and contracts the HIV virus, then the insurance company can NOT drop them. That is the law now. Look that one up. If they don't have insurance. You are right, we the tax payers pay for that medication. I agree with you on that one. Another fact that you didn't know, or you wouldn't have stated it in your message is this...We are born gay. It has been scientifically proven to be in the genetics (DNA) of the mother. So, yes, there will be plenty of people born and the population will not go down. Just as you are apparently straight based on your posting, you aren't going to let someone turn you gay. That would be impossible. Imagine a world where you could have been born with the genetics of being gay, and having to try to love a woman, knowing you didn't want to be with a woman. Would you force yourself to do so, just to say you were straight. Well, most of us gay men and woman have tried that and it doesn't work. You end up hurting other people that way, and I have learned that the hard way. Another thing you said concerning children being raised by gay people. Well, no, it doesn't put them being the "8 ball." Actually statics show that children being raised by gay couples turn out better than most children being raised by straight people. Interesting isn't it. These children being raised by gay people may have problems in school, but, for the most part they don't anymore. They used to back in the 80's and early 90's until the schools started recognizing this and opening up programs for acceptance and understanding, in which I think maybe you should attend some of these grade school classed, just an opinion, remember? Also remember, we are born this way, it's not a choice, so, the gay parents raising a child does not in any way make that child turn gay. I have plenty of gay couples that have raised children and not a one of those children turned out gay. Anyway. I hope that you find this a bit educational and that you do your homework before posting stuff you apparently know nothing about.

Location hidden

#36088 Dec 3, 2012
Coaler wrote:
I wonder if everyone will feel the same when they are forced to start paying for their AIDS treatments and other benefits they may qualify for as spouses, not partners.
That's very strange you would say that, as the HIV virus is at a very low rate now for gay men. It's the highest with African american straight woman and bi-sexual's that are already married. I don't know the answer to your question, but you might want to find some of them and ask...I suppose we all have to do what we have to do right? I do know this. We are not second class citizens, and legalizing same-sex marriage is going to happen, so, don't get your "panties in a wad" over all of this. We will be finding out the middle of this week. If it passes, it will be legal in every state. Have a great day!!:)

Location hidden

#36089 Dec 3, 2012
mahz wrote:
<quoted text>
More repeats. We already went over all of this. Like I said, you're played out and have nothing left.
Smirk.
You were unable to go anywhere with it. There is nowhere to go with reality silly girl.

All you can do is dumb down marriage to a contract between two people. Something countless people qualify for and more than two will demand.

Smirk.

Location hidden

#36090 Dec 3, 2012
Jacob_1983 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's very strange you would say that, as the HIV virus is at a very low rate now for gay men. It's the highest with African american straight woman and bi-sexual's that are already married. I don't know the answer to your question, but you might want to find some of them and ask...I suppose we all have to do what we have to do right? I do know this. We are not second class citizens, and legalizing same-sex marriage is going to happen, so, don't get your "panties in a wad" over all of this. We will be finding out the middle of this week. If it passes, it will be legal in every state. Have a great day!!:)
What does that have to do with others paying for the consequences of you engaging in a inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning behavior?
Ernest T Bass

Kilbourne, IL

#36091 Dec 4, 2012
hell hound on your trais.
loverboy

Saint Louis, MO

#36092 Dec 5, 2012
I love it when my boyfriend tears my sphincter.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#36093 Dec 5, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
What does that have to do with others paying for the consequences of you engaging in a inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning behavior?
This is your prejudice, not a statement of fact.

While even more straight people engage in all of the behavior gay people do, the individual, fundamental right of marriage is not related to what anyone might or might not do.
hmm

Rolla, MO

#36094 Dec 5, 2012
yea
former pirate

Saint Louis, MO

#36096 Dec 6, 2012
r_a_n_d_o_m wrote:
gay men are no more prone to aids then the average hetro couple that has anal sex. thats the price you pay when you have anal sex. if there were legal civil unions then gay couples could share medical insurance eliminating tax payer costs.
its all a timing issue. some of us are ready to move forward with life some arent
youre right, anal sex causes aids....give me a break
Anon

Marion, IL

#36098 Dec 11, 2012
Homosexuality and Lesbian is not right, it's sin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rockton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Convicted child rapist alert Sep '14 bdd402 1
Bianatis Dock Side Grill (Jan '12) Jul '14 Cocoa 2
Way more than 15 percent: Three Illinois waitre... (Feb '14) May '14 DaveMBeck 4
We Need More Jobs For Teens From Ages 13-15 (Jan '07) May '14 Klyasha Perez 702
JCHS Teacher is Finalist for Award (Sep '12) Sep '12 Jerseyville is Co... 2
Son, 18, charged in Roscoe man's slaying (Jan '06) Jun '12 pat 15
Alternative Drug Program: 8 Months Later (Nov '07) Dec '11 Mr tell em 2
Rockton Dating
Find my Match

Rockton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Rockton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Rockton

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:52 pm PST

Bleacher Report 4:52PM
Takeaways from Bears' Win vs. Bucs
Bleacher Report 5:33 PM
Where Should Pats Slot into Week 13 Fantasy Lineups?
Bleacher Report 6:00 PM
Grading Packers' Positional Units in Week 12
Bleacher Report 7:51 PM
GB Heads into Premier Matchup vs. Patriots
NBC Sports 8:48 PM
Oddsmakers make Patriots underdogs at Green Bay