Littleton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2008

Judged:

I grew up in Rockport but moved away in 1992. I often go online and read the news in Rockport. Today, while reading through the Rocport Pilot's web site, I saw an obituary for Sabrina "sissy" Smith. I was shocked as Sissy was a childhood friend of my sister and I. She was with me when my daughter was born in March of 1992. I was 17, Sissy was 15 and the last time I saw her was a few months after that.
I have tried to find out what happened to her as the obituary does not list a cause of death. I have had no luck and wondered if anyone knew her and could tell me what happened. My prayers go out to her family and my own heart is so saddened to hear of her death, especially at such a young age. If anyone could help me get answers, I would greatly appreciate it.
Friend of Sabrina

Ingleside, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2008

Judged:

DawnS wrote:
I grew up in Rockport but moved away in 1992. I often go online and read the news in Rockport. Today, while reading through the Rocport Pilot's web site, I saw an obituary for Sabrina "sissy" Smith. I was shocked as Sissy was a childhood friend of my sister and I. She was with me when my daughter was born in March of 1992. I was 17, Sissy was 15 and the last time I saw her was a few months after that.
I have tried to find out what happened to her as the obituary does not list a cause of death. I have had no luck and wondered if anyone knew her and could tell me what happened. My prayers go out to her family and my own heart is so saddened to hear of her death, especially at such a young age. If anyone could help me get answers, I would greatly appreciate it.
I'm sorry for your loss...I know Sabrina also.
Sabrina died of an overdose...there's an investigation into whether it was accidental or someone gave her a "hot shot". I am an LEO and was unable to attend the funeral, but can tell you it was attended by many! Both sides of the street were packed with vehicles and there wasn't a parking space for blocks!
My heart, and the hearts of all that knew her are heavy with sorrow, and empty with her passing...it is a sad day indeed, in the lives of all of us.
Sissys Friend

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2008

Judged:

I was also a friend of sissy and yes she did pass of an overdose but the family and i do not feel it was her that did it. I am very sorry for you're loss but she did not go in vain. She touched many people and there were many many people who went to the service to see her off to heaven.
Sissys Friend

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2008

E-Mail me at adamklein2002@yahoo.com her mom would like speak to you
Friend of Sissy

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2008

From what I hear, if you find Mary Kay Romero you'll find your answers...
Ilene Robinson

Humble, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2008

Judged:

DawnS wrote:
She got what was coming to her. She and her mother caused me nothing but trouble! I wont miss her!
Friend of Sabrina

Ingleside, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2008

Judged:

Ilene Robinson wrote:
<quoted text> She got what was coming to her. She and her mother caused me nothing but trouble! I wont miss her!
How sad that you are such a bitter and wicked human being...that you would add such an unnecessary comment to a place where people are obviously seeking solace.
Ilene Robinson

Humble, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2008

Judged:

Those people ruined our family! she died because she was hooked on drugs, I dont care. Ask her mother what she did to me and my kids, she didnt care if my husband was married when she slept with him and got pregnant with that bitch.
Friend of Sabrina

Ingleside, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2008

Judged:

Ilene Robinson wrote:
Those people ruined our family! she died because she was hooked on drugs, I dont care. Ask her mother what she did to me and my kids, she didnt care if my husband was married when she slept with him and got pregnant with that bitch.
How was that Sabrina's fault? You don't know her, you only know what transpired between her mother and your husband...32 years ago. You might want to see someone about how to deal with your anger, carrying that much hate around for that long is not good for you; "it takes two to tango"...your HUSBAND went outside your marriage, your HUSBAND didn't use protection...you should take that up with your HUSBAND, and not bring your dirty laundry to a place it does not belong.

Yes Sabrina died as a result of long term drug abuse...no, she wasn't a saint, but that doesn't make her a bad person...she was conflicted and sought comfort in a paper and a needle, like thousands of others do...it could happen to anyone.
Ilene R

Humble, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2008

Judged:

My husband is dead and we divorced because of him getting that woman pregnant with your wonderful Sabrina. She even named her son Shane after my own kid! I hate all of them! She was trash and she was found dead in a ditch full of trash.
Dawn S

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2009

Judged:

Ilene R wrote:
My husband is dead and we divorced because of him getting that woman pregnant with your wonderful Sabrina. She even named her son Shane after my own kid! I hate all of them! She was trash and she was found dead in a ditch full of trash.
How dare you! You must be an EVIL EVIL woman to speak such hatred of someone who has passed! I can't imagine the mother you must have been with all that hate and rage in your heart! Hopefully your children overcame your wrath and grew up with some decency.
It is obvious that you allowed the situation to destroy your life. Come on...30 years of that kind of hatred and rage...get over it! You will someday answer for the evil words you spoke of Sissy and her family. I wish I could be there to see it! Vengence is mine sayeth the LORD!!! I can see now why your husband strayed! You can't possibly have a friend in the world as evil as you sound.
Did no one ever teach you to respect the dead? If you had nothing nice to say you should have kept your mouth shut! God forbid you have grandkids as no child should wind up with a grandmother like YOU!!! Sounds to me like you just might have gotten what you deserved all those years ago.
Steve - ELP - Rockport

Aransas Pass, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2009

OK I'm curious - Ilene says "My husband is dead and we are divorced because of him getting that woman pregnant" How does making someone pregnant kill them? Also Ilene if the deceased is such a nasty person, what does that say for you, your husband and your marriage if he chose to sleep with her rather than you?

Ok maybe the deceased wasn't a great person. Maybe you can say " maybe we can once again learn that drugs are bad (and not prosecuted here very toughly)" but instead you want to hurt her friends and family. What did they have to do with it?
Ilene

Palestine, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2009

Truth hurts dont it? I left my husband when he got that bitch pregnat. He used to beat me and my kids. He made my one son deaf. He was no good for nothing, but that woman hurt me and then having that girl rub it in my face all these years. Would you like her I bet not. My sorry husband fell down dead at thanksgiving and it was one of my happiest days. Sabrina Smith was TRASH! I stand by my words. I have many grandkids and they all love me and so does all my kids.
Dawn S

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2009

Ilene wrote:
Truth hurts dont it? I left my husband when he got that bitch pregnat. He used to beat me and my kids. He made my one son deaf. He was no good for nothing, but that woman hurt me and then having that girl rub it in my face all these years. Would you like her I bet not. My sorry husband fell down dead at thanksgiving and it was one of my happiest days. Sabrina Smith was TRASH! I stand by my words. I have many grandkids and they all love me and so does all my kids.
If he was no good for nothing and abusive to you and your kids then why do you seem to be so hung up on him still? Why is it that 30 years later you still speak of this as though it happened yesterday? I have had bad things happen in my life and eventually let them go. As long as you continue to hold on to that rage and hate...the only person it is affecting is you. It seems as though you have spent a lot of time hating. That's time wasted in your life, time that could have been spent on much more usefull things. As a mother, I have always taught my children that forgiveness is best especially for one's own self...you should try it. To forgive allows you to get on with your life but instead you have obviously allowed this to control your life and that's really sad!
There are women out there who have suffered far greater tragedies than a cheating spouse. I escaped a horribly abusive relationship with my children and have never thought twice about him since. I won't allow that man to control my thoughts and my happiness. You should be glad that someone took him off your hands since he was abusive. Instead, you have given this man control simply because you spend so much time dedicated to the pain he caused your family. Hopefully someday you will find far more important things to focus your attention on other than hating an abusive man and a deceased young woman and her family. Careful, Karma is a WHOPPER, and you may someday find yourself in the position of having lost a loved one and have to defend their honor against someone who might not have liked your lost loved one as much as you did! I hope your life gets better someday as 30 plus years of this anger has to be eating away at you mentally and physically....Best wishes for your recovery!
Dawn S

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2009

Judged:

P.S....The only person the truth is hurting is you because I can promise you this...the people you are hoping will see this aren't seeing it and the rest of us who are, are strong enough to see your weakness!
Steve - ELP - Rockport

Aransas Pass, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2009

Dawn - well said and well written!

Ilene there's a lot you could learn - including how to write in English.

Dawn - do you like Denver? I go there every couple of years and thought about a summer home up there but I hate traffic. Are you from here originally?
Dawn S

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2009

Thank you Steve.

Yes, I grew up in Rockport. Both of my daughters were born in Aransas Pass at Coastal Bend hospital. My cousin, Lee is head of the new dipatch center there. Last I knew her husband, Sammy, was an officer at a school there.I left shortly before my 18th birthday. I came to Colorado to get out of an abusive situation. I was young and dumb with two kids on my hip. I had to make it right for them so off we ventured. Though I have always missed Rockport, moving here was a life change for the better. I have been back several times to visit and I find myself in shock over how much Rockport has changed and grown.

I don't make it to Denver much. I am not real fond of the traffic myself. However, it is a great place for a weekend of fun with the family. They have the aquarium, Six Flags, museums, and lots of places to shop. And lets not forget the zoo...it's great! If you do buy a summer home you will find there is a lot to do in Denver and the surrounding areas, especially during the summer.

We have actually considered moving to Texas since my husband got laid off. Though we have had no luck finding a job down there in his field. He is a bridge builder and concrete and foundation supervisor, but there doesn't seem to be much bridge building going on anywhere, or any kind of construction involving concrete for that matter. We have looked in the Rockport area as well as the Victoria area since my father lives in Edna. With any luck something will come up! I really miss the beach and would love to be near it again.

Do you know anything about the schools in Rockport? My youngest two children are in 5th and 8th grade. We are from a smaller town and don't really deal with some of the issues that larger towns face with their schools so that would be a big deciding factor.

Well, I have written a book while trying to answer two simple questions! I hope to hear back from you and thanks for your time.

“El Pasoan in Rockport, TX”

Since: Dec 07

Aransas Pass, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2009

Dawn yeah I know a bit about the schools in Rockport - I'm on the school board.

We have a new superintendent who is pretty good-very easy to talk to. At some things we are great at others fair. We are one of the best in the state at graduating economically disadvantaged students. We have a good special ed too. Our sports are so-so but we have a brand new tennis complex. Still having said this - most schools in Colorado are better than most schools in Texas -even though ACISD is better than average. At least we don't have gangs and hardly any drugs. Live Oak needs to get rid of the portable buildings but its only for grades 1-3.

Sammy (Z) is still the school police officer. I like him but opinions are mixed.

Corpus Christi needs a NEW bridge - its not safe-and I believe its already been approved by DOT, just not funded. The stimulus bill may take care of it. I don't know the shape of the bridges from CC to Padre or Rockport to Lamar.

Hope this helps
slic

Sandia, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2009

Seems I saw plans for a new bridge on Hwy 35 over Copano Bay. Wonder how that project stands?

Since: Jan 09

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2009

You know slic, I saw an article a month or two back about the Copano causeway project and now I can't find anything about it. The article I saw had illustrations of a couple of proposals. If I remember correctly they had 2 possible routes to the west of the existing bridge. Maybe they'll turn the old LBJ into a fishing pier. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rockport Discussions

Search the Rockport Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 1 hr Batch 37 Pain Is Good 21,561
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Batch 37 Pain Is Good 17,135
Director of Simon Michael gallery under investi... (Aug '12) Sat Laurie 10
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) Jul 25 Wow 598
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) Jul 25 nina roth 755
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) Jul 24 Gasman 499
Want to move to Rockport (Jan '09) Jul 22 Diane 87
•••
•••
•••
•••

Rockport Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Rockport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE