Save the environment in Rockport

Save the environment in Rockport

Posted in the Rockport Forum

Odessa, TX

#1 Feb 23, 2012
Fracking company coming to Rockport Texas.
Is Rockport priorities changing. Fracking uses Chemicals. This community will suffer greatly. Fracking uses formadehyde and choride and sand and dangerous chemicals which could leach into the ground if used improperly. This community has tried to save the environment. Now it lets a company bring jobs that could destroy the community forever. Write your government officials and don't let a few jobs change this community. Fracking is dangerous. Write your governor and stop this action before you loose your health and community. Look at South Carolina and see the communities ruined by chemical companies. Look at Haliburton and look at the towns it left behind and no future for the towns people. Water and Life are important. Stop fracking in the United States. Fracking causes land, water and wild life to be destroyed. Beware Rockport Texas your government officials are not looking out for the future but the end of your beach community.

Odessa, TX

#2 Feb 23, 2012
Fracking Industry Needs to Follow Laws, Too

EPA study needs to occur in Rockport and Fulton so chemical companies have to acknowledge the chemicals used in Fracking.

Write the town, county and governor to keep Rockport and Fulton safe from being destroyed.

I write with a small voice but I know in my heart Rockport and Fulton will save the environment from the bad chemical and oil companies.

EPA we need your help to save this community from itself.

Odessa, TX

#3 Feb 23, 2012
Many fracturing fluid chemicals are known to be toxic to humans and wildlife, and several are known to cause cancer. Potentially toxic substances include petroleum distillates such as kerosene and diesel fuel (which contain benzene, ethylbenzene, toluene, xylene, naphthalene and other chemicals); polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; methanol; formaldehyde; ethylene glycol; glycol ethers; hydrochloric acid; and sodium hydroxide.

Odessa, TX

#4 Feb 23, 2012
Just months after saying they would require stricter safety regulations for offshore drilling, the Obama Administration flip-flopped, giving 13 oil companies the go-ahead to resume deepwater drilling in the Gulf without proving that their wells are safe and defect-free.

We need to let the Obama administration know that this is unacceptable and remind them that their job is to protect our oceans from another spill like the BP Horizon disaster, not to ensure that Big Oilís profits remain high.

Fill out the fields below to demand that Michael Bromwich and Ken Salazar, the federal officials in charge of regulating oil drilling, implement and enforce stricter safety standards.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rockport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Spring break 14 hr JMULA 1
Where the bud at? Sun Dogo Argentine 2
Dennis (Nov '14) Sat Youknowwho 3
Megan mcdonald Sat Youknowwho 5
Taft is better than Rockport Mar 13 Fernando 5
OxyChem Mar 13 Oxychem 2
Dirty little trailer park Mar 10 Dogo Argentine 1

Rockport Jobs

Personal Finance

Rockport Mortgages