Aransas County Sheriff's Election Mar...

Aransas County Sheriff's Election March 6, 2012

Posted in the Rockport Forum

Michael Huffman

Lawton, OK

#1 Jul 12, 2011
Who supports the change for a new Sheriff, I think that Aransas County needs change, Change that moves forward, and explores new innovations in Law Enforcement, which offers better service to the Citizens of Aransas County & Rockport. I hope that the people will vote for change and opportunity will exist to improve the quality of services offered by the Sheriff's Office.

Sheriff Bill Mills says that he has cleared 1,500 backlogged warrants of arrest. Did the Sheriff mention that a great number of those warrants were cleared because many were too old, and the chance of arresting someone on a 20 year old warrant were slim to none, and many of the wanted person's were deceased. So don't be fooled by numbers, that's just what they are, numbers. Sheriff Mills stated that he has saved $600,000.00 in Taxpayers money. How? Wouldn't the taxpayers like to know?

Sheriff mills also stated that he has more than tripled the crime clearance rate sine the previous administration. Did Sheriff Mills state how h these cases were being cleared? No. As a former employee, I was told that cases were to be cleared exceptionally, or unfounded, which still shows as a solved case, under the Uniform Crime reporting (UCR) reports which are filed with the F.B.I. These statistics can be obtained through open records, and compared to the Sheriff's conviction rates, and the Cases solved under exception or unfounded since 2008. The statistics won't and don't lie.

Do you ever hear Sheriff Mills speaking about neighborhood watch programs, NO, how about crime prevention tips for the community, NO, what is he doing to educate area youth and parents in the dangers of drugs, or helping educate parents on the detection of drug use? Nothing

How many people have met their Sheriff?, or one of his Deputies?
What did you like, or dislike about you Sheriff, or any services provided to you?

Visit www.huffmanforsheriff.com

Commit to changing Aransas County Sheriff's Office for the better

VOTE Michael Huffman for Sheriff March 6, 2012
Burton Key

Bay City, TX

#2 Aug 23, 2011
You say the numbers "could" be manipulated. Are they? It sounds like he is doing a good job. Do you have reason to show he isn't?
Another officer

Euless, TX

#3 Mar 3, 2012
I don't like Mills or Huffman but I can tell you that everything Huffman is saying in the above article is true. All of the numbers Mills is saying is bull. The warrants cleared are a joke. He has some of the laziest good for nothing deputies I have ever talked to. If the people knew how his deputies talked about him or about their own citizens they would all be fired. Too bad there's not another person running.
From the jailers to the deputies it's all like a trailer trash gang bang over there, Throw in some bull dyke lesbian dispatchers and you have the aransas county family reunion all on the same shift.
DogFace

Houston, TX

#4 Mar 7, 2012
I support deputy dog.
dog

Portland, TX

#5 Mar 28, 2014
huffman fired from law enforcement guess what for? lying he was last seen driving for ups fired after 2 days

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rockport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 4 hr memine 763
who is she 7 hr anon 2
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 23 hr Farts 940
Who Knows her? (Mar '13) Jul 27 Bri 17
chris bradford (Mar '11) Jul 27 Cristal 13
anna ibarra from sinton (Nov '13) Jul 27 Purple Penguin 3
Chris Parker Jul 25 Mysteryman 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rockport Mortgages