“Don't need no stinking headlin”

Since: Jun 09

Marietta, Southern Oklahoma

#1 Jul 2, 2009
Ok, I have looked over the forums and other places and i know that Mrs Pete's is no longer there. What I am curious about is what year did it close or was it taken out by a hurricane?

Tony
K7ISS
Dutchess

United States

#2 Jul 20, 2009
It closed but i cant remember what year . I worked there in 1981....it is basicaly a parking lot now . I hate it .
Pat Peterson Lamas

Austin, TX

#3 Dec 13, 2010
K7ISS wrote:
Ok, I have looked over the forums and other places and i know that Mrs Pete's is no longer there. What I am curious about is what year did it close or was it taken out by a hurricane?
Tony
K7ISS
Hello I am the youngest daughter of Mrs. Pete, My mother sold Mrs. Petes in 1978. Hope this helps.
Thanks Pat

#4 Dec 14, 2010
Pat Peterson Lamas wrote:
<quoted text>Hello I am the youngest daughter of Mrs. Pete, My mother sold Mrs. Petes in 1978. Hope this helps.
Thanks Pat
Thank you soo Very much.. That place is one of the highlights I remember when going to Port A with my grandparents each year when growing up. Sad to see it gone but as all things must come to an end, there are always memories by others and yourself of things in the past.

Thanks again.
Tony
K7ISS
Pat Peterson Lamas

Austin, TX

#5 Dec 15, 2010
It so wonderful to hear from people who remember Mrs. Petes. I work @ Ut Marine Science Institute in Port A. And still I run into People who Love Mrs.Petes.
Merry Christmas to you and yours...

Pat
K7ISS wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you soo Very much.. That place is one of the highlights I remember when going to Port A with my grandparents each year when growing up. Sad to see it gone but as all things must come to an end, there are always memories by others and yourself of things in the past.
Thanks again.
Tony
K7ISS
Annie

Corpus Christi, TX

#6 Feb 18, 2011
I worked at MRS PETES,early 1980's,the building was moved down 11th st.it has been a church of worship for over 14 year's.
Annie

Corpus Christi, TX

#7 Feb 18, 2011
I worked there until summer of 1982.Wore an orange t-shirt with picture of Mrs.Pete's and name cafe.

#8 Aug 16, 2011
I think i found it, is this the correct place. I had no clue that it was moved, that place was a must stop at every year when i was growing up going to Port A.

http://www.bing.com/maps/...

Vkk

Since: Dec 13

Gainesville, TX

#9 Dec 6, 2013
I didn't know that. I am one of Mrs. Pete's daughters.... happy to know the building still exists and is used for a church.. still think about those hamburgers sometimes... She was so cool.. She would never serve anything that she wouldn't eat.. and she always said.. Smile when you walk through a door , you never know who will be on the other side.
mark b

Tampa, FL

#10 May 11, 2015
<quoted text>Hello I am the youngest daughter of Mrs. Pete, My mother sold Mrs. Petes in 1978. Hope this helps.
Thanks Pat
I worked there when they re-opened after the hurricane . It was spring break of 71. Mr. Peterson hired me as a bus boy. Only one cook showed up for the night shift , so I ended up in the kitchen. We use to make 50 box lunches every night for the fishermen. Mrs. Pete came in early and made doughnuts out of biscuits. Still do it the same way. I remember Victoria was one daughter. I was 17.
mark b

Tampa, FL

#11 May 11, 2015
Vkk wrote:
I didn't know that. I am one of Mrs. Pete's daughters.... happy to know the building still exists and is used for a church.. still think about those hamburgers sometimes... She was so cool.. She would never serve anything that she wouldn't eat.. and she always said.. Smile when you walk through a door , you never know who will be on the other side.
Hi Victoria. I was the kid who was stuck in the kitchen on the night of the re-opening. Your Mom and Dad were great people. The great thing about cooking over night. I cooked everything from Fisherman's Platters to Reuben sandwiches. Use to de-vein 50lbs of shrimp at a time and butterfly it and put it on parchment paper. Your Dad was so proud of his all electric kitchen. Loved that place.
Vikki

Gainesville, TX

#12 May 11, 2015
mark b wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Victoria. I was the kid who was stuck in the kitchen on the night of the re-opening. Your Mom and Dad were great people. The great thing about cooking over night. I cooked everything from Fisherman's Platters to Reuben sandwiches. Use to de-vein 50lbs of shrimp at a time and butterfly it and put it on parchment paper. Your Dad was so proud of his all electric kitchen. Loved that place.
I am sorry I don't remember. It was a long time ago.... but Thank you for helping me remember Mother and that time... before the blush is off of Mother's Day... take care.
K7ISS

Marietta, OK

#13 May 18, 2015
Vikki wrote:
<quoted text> I am sorry I don't remember. It was a long time ago.... but Thank you for helping me remember Mother and that time... before the blush is off of Mother's Day... take care.
Hello Vikki,

Just realized where from after saw the comments. I'm in Ardmore area at Overbrook, just north of Gainesville. My grandparents use to take me with them to Port A and the one thing that I'll never forget in my life was that Mrs Petes.

Everyone, Thanks for the memories and info on what has happened to the building since.

Tony
K7ISS
Overbrook, OK
Billy78704

Houston, TX

#14 Dec 16, 2016
K7ISS wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Vikki,

Just realized where from after saw the comments. I'm in Ardmore area at Overbrook, just north of Gainesville. My grandparents use to take me with them to Port A and the one thing that I'll never forget in my life was that Mrs Petes.

Everyone, Thanks for the memories and info on what has happened to the building since.

Tony
K7ISS
Overbrook, OK
We and my galpal were eating at whataburger in san antonio reminising about port a 70s style..we both talked of the ohhh sooo fond of mrs.petes..at least shortys lives on...and memories..
Sherry Fritz

Philadelphia, PA

#15 Mar 10, 2017
I'm from Ohio and the winter of 77, our family vacationed in Port A. My cousin and I spent one whole afternoon walking the beach, collecting shells and sand dollars. That evening our family went to Mrs. Pete's for our meal. As we were walking up the steps, my cousin and I both stopped and stared at a knothole in the step that looked just like a sand dollar! LOL! Wmemory.hen we went inside, we forgot our silliness because we each had one of the best burgers, so good in fact I still remember the taste. Thanks for the memory.
CharlesH

United States

#16 Jun 22, 2017
Family lived in Corpus 1969-1971 and would go thru Port A going to Padre Is. We'd often stop at Mrs. Pete's to eat (before Celia's devastation). I STILL remember how proud I was the first time I was able to finish one of these burgers by myself (was 9). Have, on several occasions, confirmed with my Mom how big they were, and that it wasn't just I was so small. And always service with a smile.
Mark B

New York, NY

#17 Aug 24, 2017
Thanks Pat
I worked at Mrs. Pete's when it re-opened easter vacation 1971. That first night we closed at 2 A.M. and didn't get the last order out until 3:30. Your Dad said it was the first time he had to close because of to much business. Worked 10-6 overnight shift . I remember your sister Victoria. Looked like Mrs. Peterson. Your Dad taught me a little Swedish.
vmaulie

Prosper, TX

#18 Aug 25, 2017
Mark B wrote:
<quoted text>

I worked at Mrs. Pete's when it re-opened easter vacation 1971. That first night we closed at 2 A.M. and didn't get the last order out until 3:30. Your Dad said it was the first time he had to close because of to much business. Worked 10-6 overnight shift . I remember your sister Victoria. Looked like Mrs. Peterson. Your Dad taught me a little Swedish.
Thank you for remembering..... They were special people the kind you don't meet every day.. Vikki Peterson Aulie
damdifino

Edison, NJ

#19 Oct 17, 2017
Mrs. Pete's was my standard breakfast stop every trip to Pt. A. I miss it every time I go back there.
--Old Timer

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rockport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Micheal Hiracheta Mon Dumb ass 2
OxyChem Feb 14 Skip 1
Angiele Castillo Feb 11 Angel 1
Portland (Lowest crime rate)? (May '11) Feb 8 arti facts 3
Emily Trevino Feb 8 DFW 1
361 tattoo joker tattoo on face Anyone know th... Feb 7 Domingo 1
Gilbert Rios Feb 2 Guss 1

Rockport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance