Slain girl's stepfather reportedly ad...

Slain girl's stepfather reportedly admits to killing

There are 45 comments on the Thegleaner.com story from Nov 7, 2009, titled Slain girl's stepfather reportedly admits to killing. In it, Thegleaner.com reports that:

Ryan Lee Shelby He reported Alexis Oesterle missing. ROCKPORT, Ind. - Ryan Shelby, the stepfather of Alexis Oesterle, admitted to killing the 15-year-old, according to a probable cause affidavit.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Thegleaner.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Barb

Pensacola, FL

#1 Nov 9, 2009
To his parents and family. He said he did it. I know as a parent we want to have faith in our children. But wake up he confessed.
He brutaly took a young girl's life. What gave him that right? He is mean. Lexy may have given her life for your granddaughters.
Brittany

Owensboro, KY

#2 Dec 16, 2009
You have no clue what your talking about.
Alexis was a great girl,i knew her cause she was in my 7th grade class,she was AMAZING.
She did not deserve what she went though,
ecspecially from a loved one.
Its just not fair!
marie3

Evansville, IN

#3 Jan 1, 2010
thank you barb. i no for a fact that his parents have been caught breaking into the property one day after alexis's funeral. alexis's mom is trying as we speak to get a protection order on his father and sister. they park outside miss shelby home and just stare at it. CREEPY! the judge needs to handle this quickly cause itsounds like his family has a few loose screws!
Debbie Ryans Aunt

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Jan 4, 2010
That is not true that Ryan's family tried to break into the property, they actually went to the property with the police to p/u Ryans personal property(Which his wife Jessica burned in a bon fire in the back yard and Ryan's family is taking her to court for)and what she didn't burn she wears,on one of her news interviews she was wearing Ryans green shirt and his jeans, if someone especially my husband was accused of killing my daughter I would not be wearing his clothes anytime, she sounds like she may have a few screw loose........If the mother Jessica is trying to take Ryan's dad and sister to court for stalking why did the judge give temp. custody of her and Ryan's baby to Ryan's sister and not to the mother(the mother does have the child now after 5 or so weeks.... Your right the judge needs to handle this quickly cause I and a lot more people believe the mother Jessica is more involved in the murder of her daughter than she has admitted. Who ever did this to Alexi's deserves to be punished to the full extent of the law. If Ryan says he did it than he did it, but the Mother Jessica is more involved someway and it will come out. Jessica has already had CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES called on her 3x's in the last month because of the way she has been treating her infant daughter. I in no way feel sorry for Jessica because we feel she is involved more than she is saying, it will come out Jessica. I feel sorry for Alexis she never got to really live her life, she never got to grow up, no one deserves what happened to her. I just hope justice is served and if not on earth than be it in Heaven.
marie3

Evansville, IN

#5 Jan 6, 2010
screws loose??? sounds to me like your talking about yourse;f. lets start with jessica wearing his clothes, could you get anymore rediculous???? nobody cares what you would do. next, lets talk about his sister having temp gaurdianship, i was at court when they asked jessica who she wanted aria to go with till the investigation was over. jessica had the choice to put her in foster care or with brandi. THATS HOW BRANDI GOT HER! not because of the judge or anyone else! next, now we both know ryan confessed (it was in detectives report to). if you think jessica had something to do with it (since you seem to know everthing), why arent the police arresting her??? why would they give her daughter back to her??? let me guess ryan loved jessica so much that he took the blame for everything. give me a f---king break. that theroy just makes it easier on you guys, then to really accept the truth, that he is a child killer!!! oh, you guys dont give a s---t about alexis. you say that to try and make yourselves look like half way descent people. so stick to what you know, which would be nothing!!!!!
Debbie Ryans Aunt

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Jan 8, 2010
To Maria3 you sound like a very bitter person who is talking about stuff you don't know only stuff someone(Jessica)is telling you, most of the things you are saying are not true at all. And it is all about Alexis, you say we are just making statements so that we look like decent people WE ARE DECENT PEOPLE, we care about what happened to poor Alexis, anyone family member or not who is human would feel really bad abot anyone especially a child getting murdered in any manner. They havn't arrested the mother yet, but they do have an investagation going on, everthing will come out in August. God Bless you Maria3, you need it.
Judge-Not

Newburgh, IN

#7 Jan 10, 2010
To Debbie Ryans Aunt.......You say that Marie3 only knows what Jessica is telling her but the same is true for you....you only know what Joyce,Jim and Brandi are telling you so you shouldn't talk about things that you don't know either!!!!! I know the family,I know Ryan and I know Jessica......I have been there through this whole thing and I know for a fact that Ryan and his family are not being truthful about everything.....Jessica has not had CPS called on her 3 times and if she has then obviously they didn't take the call(by his parents and sister} seriously cause they have not been out to the house to check on things with Jessica or Aria!!!! I have spent alot of time with Jessica and Aria and sheis a beautiful happy little girl!!!! At least Jessica isn't marching her around the jail like she is some kind of poster child....that child should have never been at that jail and that is distastful and they should be ashamed of themselves!!!! They also lie about Brandi getting temporary custody of the baby from the judge cause Jessica wasn't fit......that's BS and I know that for a fact because I was with Ryan and Jessica when they made the decision to put Aria with Brandi during the investigation so she wouldn't have to go to a temporary foster home.......they made that decision together.....before he confessed to killing Lexi!!!!! I kow personaly what kind of person Ryan is and I also know that he had some major issues and he had a horrible anger problem!!!!! You say that there is an investigation going on that will all come out in August and you are right about that but I don't think Jessica will be the one with things in the closet....I think that will be the Shelby family!!!! If you all felt so bad about Alexis being murdered then why couldn't any of you have the decency to show up and pay your respects at the funeral? I also know for a fact that Jima nd Brandi have been to the house trying to break in and that they have been on the property even though there are no trespassing signs that have been posted!!!!! If the Shelby family thinks that they are DECENT PEOPLE then I would hate to see what they consider to be BAD PEOPLE!!!!! Maybe they should look in the mirror!!!! Has anybody ever wondered why Ryans first wife ran off? To bad we will never know cause she has been in hiding ever since she left......probably fearing for her and her daughter and son's lives!!!!!! THE TRUTH WILL COME OUT AND RYAN WILL PAY FOR WHAT HE DID!!!! His family will have to answer for their actions too!!!!!
Debbie Ryans Aunt

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Jan 11, 2010
Maria3 and judge not God Bless you both.........
Judge-Not

Torrance, CA

#9 Jan 11, 2010
..........same to you Aunt Debbie!!!!!!!!!!
marie3

Evansville, IN

#10 Jan 11, 2010
aunt debbie, please do us all a favor and only open your mouth when you know what your talking about!!!! as far as the shelby family, you all should be thankful your son didnt have the chance to kill his little girl to! lets all count our blessings that ryan was caught and can no longer hurt anyone else. baby aria is finally being treated with some dignity. she will be kept away from those who not only have NO RIGHTS to her but from those who treat her like property. jessica has made it very clear that she will not expose aria to people who support a man that murdered her sister!! Aunt Debbie, i think you should be blessing ryan he's gonna need it!
lexi auntie

Pensacola, FL

#11 Jan 14, 2010
THIS IS LEXIS AUNTIE,JESSICA'S SISTER.WHERE IS YOUR HEAD AT DEBBIE?YOU ARE ACTUALLY GOING TO DEFEND THE MONSTER?MY SISTER HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH MY NIECES MURDER JUST THE TWISTED EVIL RYAN SHELBY.THE DETECTIVES KNOW WHO IS TO BLAME AND HE IS IN JAIL.I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND WHY HE WAS SUCH A COWARD AND COULDNT TAKE HIS OWN LIFE.HE HAS TAKEN AWAY A PRECIOUS GIFT FROM MY SISTER AND MY FAMILY,AT LEAST I KNOW HE IS AS SCARED AS MY NIECE WAS THAT NIGHT,SITTING THERE IN HIS LITTLE JAIL CELL WONDERING WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN TO HIM IN PRISON AND WE ALL KNOW WHAT I MEAN.....ONE THING I CAN THANK GOD FOR IS THAT WE HAVE SO MANY ENDLESS WONDERFUL MEMORIES OF ALEXIS IN OUR HEARTS,AND ALLS YOU HAVE ARE MEMORIES OF RYAN HANDCUFFED AND SHACKLED BEING LEAD INTO A COURT ROOM WHERE IN AUG HE WILL EITHER BE SENT TO DEATH ROW OR SPEND THE REST OF HIS LIFE IN PRISON WHERE THEY JUST LOVE PEOPLE WHO HURT DEFENSLESS LITTLE KIDS...OH AND IN CLOSING...GOOD JOB SHELBY'S IN RAISING YOUR KIDS.HOW DOES IT FEEL RAISNG A COLD HEARTED EVIL MONSTER WHO SHOULD OF TAKEN HIS OWN LIFE AND LEFT MY FAMILY ALONE....OH AND AS FOR ARIA THANK GOD SHE IS BACK WITH ALL OF US,I CANT EVEN THINK OR WANT TO CONCEIVE OF WHAT COULD OF HAPPENED TO HER IN YOUR CRAZY,EVIL FAMILY........

Since: Jan 10

Cleveland, OH

#12 Jan 15, 2010
"Aunt Debbie" I've been reading your blogs and feel I need to have my say. You seem to think you know "the truth". The only truth you know is what Ryan's family tells you or what Ryan,the murderer, tells you. Ryan has always been a liar. Ask his parents about him going to college. He's lied to his family about living with Jessica, his working, his going to Tech. school and so many other things that it would take me pages to write them all down. Ryan lied about abusing Aria and then at court we saw that Brandi was a liar too. Remember, Ryan confessed to murdering Lexie. The first thing his father asked him was if he did it. The Shelby's keep saying is that both families have suffered a loss. The only loss they have suffered is having an evil son who tortured and murdered a child. Ryan has no soul. I can't believe he even thought about being a minister. Jim Shelby and family friends have stalked my daughter, not even giving her the common decency to mourn her daughter. The Shelby's have begrudged Jessica's selling of joint items of her's and Ryan's to support her family. Ryan wanted Jessica to stay home. Jessica has always worked and never been on welfare until Ryan. Ryan is an evil, murderous person and kept that part well hidden.Anger has always been a problem of Ryans, maybe it's because he sees his parents fist fighting even now. Lexie loved and trusted Ryan. He betrayed that trust. I want your family to imagine the terror that Lexie must have felt as Ryan attacked her because this thought is always with her family. As you say "the truth will come out". I hope his family is ready to hear what an evil person he is.
onthesquare

Houston, TX

#13 Feb 4, 2010
Has anyone explained to the killer the things that he will endure in the joint. Child molesters and child killers are treated especially nice.
Fred

Houston, TX

#14 Feb 4, 2010
Preacher-Funny That b---a-rd claimed he owned land he purchased with money from selling drugs.Big story how he had it stashed in assumed names. His dad claimed to be a member of KKK. The first wife didn't run or hide, just left. The a--h-le never paid a red cent for support "check with the court" The whole tribe is garbage. He was a coward and never had the b--ls to do a man to man anything. He never wanted a wife to work is true, but being a freeloader didn't bother him a bit. From what I read, some of his family doesn't know how bad some of the others really are. Wake up dumba---s, he was raised by an idiot STEP DAD that beat and disrespected his wife. Anyone that really knows them would agree that their branch of the family grew out of a pile of s--t to say the least. There are no disinfectants strong enough to work on a group like them. He really deserves a long time in the joint, and some of his family should be allowed to go hang out and receive a part of his sentence with him. Live with it Shelbys, you all knew what was among you, don't kid yourself, you knew.
toni

Owensboro, KY

#15 Feb 8, 2010
a friend of mine told me that when he went to the shelby's house to hang out with ryan back in high school, jim use to make brandi spend alot of time in the bedroom with him before she could go anywhere..HMMMMMMM. a nice father daughter talk maybe?? it doesnt really surprise me. the family has always been a little to close. ive heard ryan bragging about how people thought his sister was his girlfriend. YUCK! CREEPY to think how that is even funny to him. i also heard that another reason his wife would have nothing to do with his family was because jim was staring at her daughters chest and said you got those from your mom! disgusting!!!! i wouldnt have anything to do with them either. wait till this trial starts. the shelby family secrets will finally be brought to the surface and i want front row seats!!LOL
marie3

Union Star, KY

#16 Feb 22, 2010
A friend of mine was in jail and he saw ryan in there laughing and playing cards as if he was on vacation.We will see how much fun he has when he gets to prison. He will be with the big boys then!!! The more i think about it im sure he does like it in there, he doesnt have to work or pay child support. What a f---ing losers his family and friends are! Aunt Debbie if your reading this. i cant believe your helping pay for his attorney! How stupid can you be. Wow will you be upset when you hear the whole story and you let him believe it was ok to kill a child! Not surprised though, you are related to that family!
fonthesquare

Houston, TX

#17 Feb 22, 2010
He always said his stepdad had plenty of bucks, why would an aunt need to pitch in ? He never paid any child support anyway, jail won't change a thing. The only thing he has ever been good for is lying. He did donate for a couple of children, but he will never know them and vise versa.
marie3

Union Star, KY

#18 Feb 22, 2010
ryans family would be considered middle class. they live off jims retirement and joyce works in the school cafeteria. ive heard jim amd joyce fighting about how much she spends. little did jim know that joyce was paying all of ryans bills(on the side). she would give him money all the time and tell him not to tell jim. i think both jessica and india should get any money that is put on his books. ive never met someone so lazy in my life. free loader thats all he is.
brad

Union Star, KY

#19 Feb 27, 2010
I hope someone from the shelby family is reading this..... I just wanted to tell Joyce that i heard what happened(the finger incident) and i really thought you should know that that was there way of saying hi or maybe they were talking about your IQ either way they just wanted to make sure you knew how much they care.
onthesquare

Hendersonville, TN

#20 Mar 3, 2010
How could those people even continue to live in the same town, much less continue to work at the school ? By now, everyone knows Ryan is trash. He will get (bent over and spanked really hard) where he is going, as all will know he was raised by a KKK member and killed his stepdaughter. Inmates play ugly games with his kind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rockport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Louanna Burch 3 hr Lamb 3
Kristi VanHorn (Nov '14) 6 hr thatdude 5
Hot Middle School girls (Dec '13) 13 hr Been there done that 4
Trash Talkers 20 hr LMFAO1920 8
Mexican Half Breed Wed mmmmm 5
Spencer county cps Sep 26 maybe 3
Anyone in Rockport uses T-Mobile Sep 26 its me 5

Rockport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance