Eastside School
Baby Bop

Rockmart, GA

#52 Dec 9, 2011
Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually what you just said is not biblical. No where at all does it say that "God helps those who helps themselves".
No one mentioned the bible.Where did you get that?IThey said"God helps those who first help themselves"and I think he needs to help you to read!
reader

Atlanta, GA

#53 Dec 9, 2011
cant fixstupid wrote:
<quoted text>
Mrs. McClure is not allowed to give out medication; that is the responsibility of the nurse and administration (of the nurse is out).
If you go back and read it, it says the nurse was busy and dispensed it for the child and asked for it to be given to the child.

No doubt parents may be upset when they go into the school if something is happening to their children - a professional doesn't let personal feelings affect their job AND a Christian doesn't judge. No one is perfect. I'm nice to everyone until they give me reason not to be. There are times she doesn't even speak to parents, just like others in the office!
reader

Atlanta, GA

#54 Dec 9, 2011
I don't condone this type of "airing personal grievances" but it falls on deaf ears and you can't blame people sometimes for having enough and venting about it.

Since: Nov 11

Rockmart, GA

#55 Dec 9, 2011
From what I have been seeing on the news the last few days I believe I would be very careful about any comments/accusations about anyone in topix, facebook, etc. Every computer has an address.
mother of 3

Rockmart, GA

#56 Dec 10, 2011
Yes, I get so tired of alot at that school . But im not the type to get on here and gossip.But let one more thing happen to my child.
NUFF SAID

Rockmart, GA

#57 Dec 10, 2011
Is it possible wrote:
Is it possible to legally get the names or those who are bullying on this medium of expression? Enough is enough. This is uncalled for. Just remember Mrs. McClure is human and she has a family. I would encourage her to seek legal counsel against the bullies.
I was told that Mrs.mCCLURE HAS SOUGHT LEGAL COUNSEL AND IT WAS PRO-BONO
read carefully

Rockmart, GA

#58 Dec 10, 2011
do you people not understand that most of the posts on this thread are from ONE person using multiple names???? This person posts and replies to himself with another name. He started this thread and doesn't even have school age children. He is racist and a sicko.
Wrong

Cedartown, GA

#59 Dec 10, 2011
Baby Bop wrote:
<quoted text>No one mentioned the bible.Where did you get that?IThey said"God helps those who first help themselves"and I think he needs to help you to read!
I think you need help with basic comprehension. I was merely pointing out that there is nothing in the bible to support the statement "God helps those who help themselves", therefore it is not a truthful statement. God does help people, most of the time in spite of themselves, because He is a God of grace. But to say that you have to help yourself first in order to gain His favor and help, is simply not true.

Since: Jul 10

AOL

#60 Dec 10, 2011
Good for Donna! I have a friend in another town that the same thing happen to her. She went and got an attorney and they are requesting all IP addresses from everyone that made a bullying or racist comment. When they get the Ip address she is sueing for damages. Dont think they cant get the Ip addresses either. Just ask the PCSD they done it. I'm sick of people dogging other people on this sight. You can also go to any comment that has been made about you adn report abuse and write them and tell them that this is a false comment and your attorney will be contacting them and for this comment to be removed and they will take it off. This is all true facts.
Interesting

Acworth, GA

#61 Dec 10, 2011
NUFF SAID wrote:
<quoted text> I was told that Mrs.mCCLURE HAS SOUGHT LEGAL COUNSEL AND IT WAS PRO-BONO
I am glad too, because she is an awesome lady that deserves the upmost respect. If she didn't care about children and Polk County she would have not taken this position. She is very intelligent and from what I have seen, she has love for all children regardless of race, status, ect. She is a Virtuous Woman!!
Interesting

Acworth, GA

#62 Dec 10, 2011
Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you need help with basic comprehension. I was merely pointing out that there is nothing in the bible to support the statement "God helps those who help themselves", therefore it is not a truthful statement. God does help people, most of the time in spite of themselves, because He is a God of grace. But to say that you have to help yourself first in order to gain His favor and help, is simply not true.
AWESOME AND TRUE STATEMENT!The reality of it all is that most people think that what they have heard their elders of the family say are bond, but not so. Cliches are overrated and if people would get more into the knowledge of Christ none of this would happen in the social media. There are numerous scriptures that teaches us to turn the other cheek. One thing is true for a fact is that Donna McClure has already been elevated to another position in God's Kingdom, because she did not allow man to steal her joy. I was always taught that it doesn't matter what people say about you or me,because if they can talk and slander the name of Jesus, what makes us any different? Judgement day will come and we will see who will be CALLED UP TO MEET "HIM" IN THE AIR!
citizen

Rockmart, GA

#63 Dec 10, 2011
read carefully wrote:
do you people not understand that most of the posts on this thread are from ONE person using multiple names???? This person posts and replies to himself with another name. He started this thread and doesn't even have school age children. He is racist and a sicko.
Well tell us who this person is.Is it you?
Raymond L

Rockmart, GA

#64 Dec 10, 2011
If he doesnt have school age children how would he know anything about the school or Mrs.McClure

Rockmart, GA

#65 Dec 10, 2011
I notice some of the original posts have been removed. Hopefully they are being investigated. An opinion is one thing but slander is a serious matter.
Finally

Detroit, MI

#66 Dec 10, 2011
I am glad to read that Mrs. McClure is working with an attorney to sue for slander. I hope more will do the same and stop all of this mess. I cannot believe we so many people who make these cowardly statements.
duh

Cedartown, GA

#67 Dec 11, 2011
If you do not like Mr. Williams, take a stand and tell the board members to not give him another contract. Have our schools really gotten better since he got there? The data says no. If you dont like the board members, dont vote for them or better yet run yourself and find out what kind of job they have. It's not as easy as you think it is! Mrs. McClure's job is not easy. She has to deal with parents all day that make up excuses for why their child should be treated different than everyone elses. Don't run her down as a person just because she did not make you happy.

Since: Jul 10

AOL

#68 Dec 11, 2011
O it doesnt matter if any post have been removed or not. They still made the comment and the IP Address is still on here. You people are stupid for making such da comments about people...its slander and if it we're me I would sue you ass off. I hope she does! This is exactly what's wrong with Rockmart. Mind your business and if you don't like it then just keep your mouth closed. It's that simple. Go through with your lawsuit Donna and make them cowards that write on here pay dearly for it.
mom

United States

#69 Dec 11, 2011
Slander has to be false but it would be libel if someone wrote something they knew wasn't true
Rude is Rude

United States

#70 Dec 13, 2011
Calling someone rude is not slander. It's an opinion and we are all entitled to having one. If we all worry about what others are saying/thinking about us then we would have no time for anything else.

Rockmart, GA

#71 Dec 13, 2011
Racetrack Ricky wrote:
O it doesnt matter if any post have been removed or not. They still made the comment and the IP Address is still on here. You people are stupid for making such da comments about people...its slander and if it we're me I would sue you ass off. I hope she does! This is exactly what's wrong with Rockmart. Mind your business and if you don't like it then just keep your mouth closed. It's that simple. Go through with your lawsuit Donna and make them cowards that write on here pay dearly for it.
Very well said and my thoughts exactly. If anyone is displeased with someone's actions then they should take the problem straight to the source and let their coward voice be heard. If anyone thinks they are safe in hiding behind a computer keyboard they are sadly mistaken.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rockmart Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Crack Pipes now available at R&W and Chicken Ch... Jan 17 well 12
Eby Brown Announces Closing Rockmart Branch (May '10) Jan 17 Just sayin 75
News Udc Club News (Mar '08) Jan 14 Tolerman 15
News Rockmart man jailed on methamphetamine sale cha... (Jun '11) Jan 14 TheDonald2016 36
Yellow Jacket (formally Average Joe's) Jan 11 Hungry Guy 1
Yellow Jacket (formally Avg Joe's) Jan 11 hungry Guy 1
Van Wert Jail (Feb '16) Jan 10 Concerned citizen 9

Rockmart Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rockmart Mortgages