Runnin Wild, Antique car show and music
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
downtown

Cedartown, GA

#81 Aug 30, 2011
Hey, has anyone else heard that Andrew ( the owner of Runnin Wild)has bought the building on the corner of Elm and Marble St. where the beauty shop use to be? I heard he bought it as well as the lot behind his building. I hope it's true, I'm sure he'll have it all looking nice.
citizen

Cedartown, GA

#82 Aug 30, 2011
downtown wrote:
Hey, has anyone else heard that Andrew ( the owner of Runnin Wild)has bought the building on the corner of Elm and Marble St. where the beauty shop use to be? I heard he bought it as well as the lot behind his building. I hope it's true, I'm sure he'll have it all looking nice.
I saw them working on the building directly behind Runnin Wild and Impala Grill, and it looks like they are doing the same style of remodeling as those businesses. I'm not for sure about the old Beauty Shop, but the for sale sign is gone, so maybe it's true. I hope so too, he'll have all of that corner looking great.
hmmm

Detroit, MI

#83 Aug 30, 2011
downtown wrote:
Yes it is true Andrew bought Cuttin Up beauty shop. Kim told me yesterday. He is thinking of a coffee/ice cream shop. So excited.
downtown

Cedartown, GA

#84 Aug 30, 2011
hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is true Andrew bought Cuttin Up beauty shop. Kim told me yesterday. He is thinking of a coffee/ice cream shop. So excited.
That will be fantastic! I can't wait to see the transformation he'll make on that building.
lifeisgood

Palmetto, GA

#85 Aug 30, 2011
Legal Dude wrote:
<quoted text>To all who are raising a ruckus about a "business for profit" shutting down a public street, well I have something to tell you... You are barking up the wrong tree! The street was closed for the CAR SHOW like it's been done before. This was a public event that was a benefit for this "nothing-to-do on a Saturday evening town! The running Wild museum, band, etc was just an addition. Public streets are shut down in cities all the time for races, festivals, parades, etc. I don't think this city or any other city would just close a street so a business could prosper. It was for a nice, family oriented event!!!
BAM!
lifeisgood

Palmetto, GA

#86 Aug 30, 2011
downtown wrote:
<quoted text>That will be fantastic! I can't wait to see the transformation he'll make on that building.
Me neither. Andrew is doing great things with our little town. Kudos to him!
Proud rockmart boy

United States

#87 Aug 30, 2011
Legal Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you tell me where those two to three bars are. The only ones I can think of are El Nopal, Cafe 212, Tequilas. All restaurants. So if I would like a bar without mexican music, karaoke, or one with all the complaints normally posted on this board, I am out of luck. The Running Wild saloon was a welcome addition, nice theme, a fantastic museum for the cycles, lots of people and nice bartenders girls!
There is no place in R'mart that can come close. Too bad it will only be open every so often.
And as far as "the whim of the super rich" remark, what does that tell us? The mexican restaurant owners have good enough sales that they don't have to repeatedly get on this board under different names praising there establishment to try to get customers. So it sounds like you are jealous that someone is taking away business from your location by having enough money and smarts to open up a place WITH central airconditioning, better atmosphere, and hire non grumpy old men behind the bar!
so what's your real name ?
Love2Teach

Rome, GA

#88 Aug 31, 2011
Parent wrote:
I think the issue or question is whether it was open to the public because I can't imagine it's legal for a private business to have a public city road blocked for a private function that is for-profit! Don't get me wrong, I think what the owner has done is fantastic, but I don't know him and wasn't aware of his weekend party. Had I known I would have been there, but the fact still remains that a city road built with taxpayers' dollars was blocked off for a private party. I have no doubt that I wouldn't be able to block off my road for a private block party for my neighborhood!! Equal rights and laws apply to everyone! I'm ashamed at whomever allowed this because the next person who is declined has grounds to sue.
It was not a private event. A lot of people came, including me, who just saw it as they were driving by. The only part of the road that was blocked off had no residences, so what's the problem?
metoo

Cedartown, GA

#89 Aug 31, 2011
Proud rockmart boy wrote:
<quoted text> so what's your real name ?
Well it damn sure ain't Brenda..........Brenda.
Well, Well,Well

United States

#90 Aug 31, 2011
Someone just told me that Brenda just qualified to run for mayor! Wonder is she FOR Rockmart or does she just want to get in so she can stop great activities that she thinks hurts her bar???
hehehe

Cedartown, GA

#91 Aug 31, 2011
[QUOTE who="Well, Well,Well"]Someone just told me that Brenda just qualified to run for mayor! Wonder is she FOR Rockmart or does she just want to get in so she can stop great activities that she thinks hurts her bar???[/QUOTE]

That award winning smile and great personality of hers is sure to get her the votes. NOT!!!!!!!!!!
hmmm

Palmetto, GA

#92 Aug 31, 2011
hehehe wrote:
[QUOTE who="Well, Well,Well"]Someone just told me that Brenda just qualified to run for mayor! Wonder is she FOR Rockmart or does she just want to get in so she can stop great activities that she thinks hurts her bar??? "

That award winning smile and great personality of hers is sure to get her the votes. NOT!!!!!!!!!!
Amen!!! What a joke.
Proud rockmart boy

Cedartown, GA

#93 Sep 3, 2011
metoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it damn sure ain't Brenda..........Brenda.
lol this ain't brenda it ben lol it funny reading all the post on here u why adults fight so much u know what's up:)
Devan

Dallas, GA

#94 Mar 30, 2013
What is Andrew's last name?(The guy who owns The Rock Ice Cream Shop.
GrassCutter

Rome, GA

#95 Jun 25, 2013
Devan wrote:
What is Andrew's last name?(The guy who owns The Rock Ice Cream Shop.
Heaner
Ondafence

Cedartown, GA

#96 Jun 27, 2013
Dang. There sure are some haters on this site. I grew up in this town, and I find it very refreshing to see someone/anyone even attempting to spruce up this sleepy town. But, the ignorance and jealousy that some of you display toward others whom are doing well in life....well, that's what made me move away in the first place. Sad to see that this mentality is still running rampant around here. You should welcome anything that might make this town less of a ghost town.
sammigirl

Cedartown, GA

#97 Jun 27, 2013
Ondafence wrote:
Dang. There sure are some haters on this site. I grew up in this town, and I find it very refreshing to see someone/anyone even attempting to spruce up this sleepy town. But, the ignorance and jealousy that some of you display toward others whom are doing well in life....well, that's what made me move away in the first place. Sad to see that this mentality is still running rampant around here. You should welcome anything that might make this town less of a ghost town.
Amen! Rockmart looks so much better with all the improvements that Running wild has done.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rockmart Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
engaged again, and again.... (May '16) 11 hr Truth 75
will it ever stop (Jan '13) 16 hr are you stupid 20
swingers 20 hr vet 6
Jeep Liberty Sun Pop Rocks 8
Chickfila Sep 15 Rockmartian 17
Rockmart teen facing multiple charges in mornin... (Jan '14) Sep 15 Not sorry 10
The Rock Sep 14 My 2 cents 22

Rockmart Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rockmart Mortgages