old piemont funiture building

Posted in the Rockmart Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
tater

Cedartown, GA

#1 Feb 4, 2013
Saw some work going on inside.What's going in there?
gilbert

Cedartown, GA

#2 Feb 5, 2013
One of the auctions is moving in there.
stroh

Cedartown, GA

#3 Feb 5, 2013
Good location.Walking distance for a lot of people.Hoope it does well.
Bob

Cedartown, GA

#4 Feb 5, 2013
stroh wrote:
Good location.Walking distance for a lot of people.Hoope it does well.
Good location, across from the Handy Andy, have you seen the trash that hangs out there at night? There's no parking except in back, and then you risk your car being broken into. And, who's going to walk at night in this town except for the thugs?
Bree

Cedartown, GA

#5 Feb 5, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Good location, across from the Handy Andy, have you seen the trash that hangs out there at night? There's no parking except in back, and then you risk your car being broken into. And, who's going to walk at night in this town except for the thugs?
The parking was definitely an issue with Piedmont Furniture. That and the high prices.
stroh

Cedartown, GA

#6 Feb 5, 2013
yeah the Handy Andy crowd is pretty bad.Course you have the gambling machines,sex stuff,drug stuff etc...The parking I guess would have to be behind the store and that would "have" to include a watchman of some type
.But it could give some of the older,good people in the village an option of something to do on auction nights.Maybe they will pack heat and help thin out the hoodlums while they are walking to the auction.
sammigirl

Cedartown, GA

#7 Feb 5, 2013
stroh wrote:
yeah the Handy Andy crowd is pretty bad.Course you have the gambling machines,sex stuff,drug stuff etc...The parking I guess would have to be behind the store and that would "have" to include a watchman of some type
.But it could give some of the older,good people in the village an option of something to do on auction nights.Maybe they will pack heat and help thin out the hoodlums while they are walking to the auction.
That's right! I love auctions! It gives famlies something to do together.
PolkCountyGirl

United States

#8 Feb 6, 2013
I remember when that was Lewis Foods. Grocery when I was a child. Then Piedmonts. He was a GREAT man. He took you for your word and gave credit too! I bought most of my furniture there when I was first starting out.
Gunner

Cedartown, GA

#9 Feb 7, 2013
I hope the auction does well.We on the other hand as a neighborhood,have got to start fighting back and not let these assholes make us afraid to have fun.The cops can't do it all.Maybe to catch one or two in action stealing,then break a leg or two.The stores are nothing but hangouts at night for these bums especially the Handy Andy now that it's open 24/7.
oldschool

Hiram, GA

#10 Feb 8, 2013
Auction in the original furniture side of the building and guy working on cars on the grocery store side of the building .
8ball

Acworth, GA

#11 Feb 8, 2013
Thats it....
citizen

Cedartown, GA

#12 Feb 8, 2013
oldschool wrote:
Auction in the original furniture side of the building and guy working on cars on the grocery store side of the building .
Who's the mechanic that will be in one side?
Bob

Cedartown, GA

#13 Feb 8, 2013
They had a big turn out tonight. They'll probably do very well.
happygolucky

Tucker, GA

#14 Feb 9, 2013
Well I hope they can do something about the parking. It was rediculous last night. I don't know if tearing up the field behind there will work. A lot of kids play ball in that field as long as the Church activities that go on there. And people need to be curtious to the neighboring house and watch when they round the corner for people pulling out of there driveway or the kids that are around there. Not so Happy go lucky with the whole situation.
Sue

Cedartown, GA

#15 Feb 9, 2013
I have to agree about the parking, there's just not any for that building. Really there's not much parking for any of the buildings around Goodyear corner. Could be why businesses come and go so quickly in that area.
BBT

Jacksonville, FL

#16 Feb 9, 2013
citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's the mechanic that will be in one side?
Not sure but he's going to be restoring old cars.
luke

Cedartown, GA

#17 Feb 9, 2013
happygolucky wrote:
Well I hope they can do something about the parking. It was rediculous last night. I don't know if tearing up the field behind there will work. A lot of kids play ball in that field as long as the Church activities that go on there. And people need to be curtious to the neighboring house and watch when they round the corner for people pulling out of there driveway or the kids that are around there. Not so Happy go lucky with the whole situation.
Uhh,I would think that if they are paying rent then they are also paying for that field.Theirs for parking,not a ball field.
wifey

Culloden, GA

#18 Feb 9, 2013
No mechanic in the other side, it's my husband, he has vehicles that he is restoring for our own personal use. It's basically like we rented a huge climate controlled storage building because where we live we do not have room to store his projects.
wifey

Culloden, GA

#19 Feb 9, 2013
And we went to the auction Friday night, it was packed, literally got to be standing room only, everyone was very friendly and there were so many items! I suggest everyone stop and check it out, it's actually alot of fun and neat experience with good prices :-)
sammigirl

Cedartown, GA

#20 Feb 9, 2013
wifey wrote:
And we went to the auction Friday night, it was packed, literally got to be standing room only, everyone was very friendly and there were so many items! I suggest everyone stop and check it out, it's actually alot of fun and neat experience with good prices :-)
Could you please tell the days and times? I would like to attend!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rockmart Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Freddy carroll 17 hr I know 7
What REALLY happened to Lynch? (Dec '14) Sat Sbrock 11
Average Joe's Sports Bar (Jan '15) Nov 29 SayWhat 125
Bethany Lynn Yarbrough Nov 28 Kristen 12
News 'Most wanted' man captured in Douglasville Nov 26 Concerned 13
Sure thing Nov 25 seenthem 1
engaged again, and again.... (May '16) Nov 25 Payback bitch 73

Rockmart Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance