R.I.P. Rita Merritt
A Military Wife

United States

#83 Sep 23, 2011
wow 2 wrote:
Military Wife you need to quit making excuses for him...he shot & killed his wife/mother of his 3 kids & it is absolutely stupid!! The kids will suffer the most...I hope he suffers & is punished alot but it won't bring her back for those kids to have their mother. We don't care what your opinion is anyway so shut up & talk to him if you care that much about him...oh that's right...I guess he is still in jail huh...he committed MURDER!! Also...I noticed the obituary says Rita Kelley & NOT Merritt & he is not mentioned as a survivor...way to go for her family...I don't blame them at all...I wouldn't mention him either!!!
Grow up sweetheart. You seem to think your opinion matters.
Think about it

Rockmart, GA

#84 Sep 23, 2011
Wacko wrote:
Since military wife knew him so well maybe her husband needs to ask questions about well they knew each other. She is defending him awfully hard for just friends!
Why are you making absurd accusations just because someone has a different opinion? I never read in her comments that she defended him or his actions. She only said not to make assuptions until facts are presented. Now, as a family member of a few solders, I know how hard it is for them to adjusts to civilian life. I have witnessed with my own eyes episodes of PTSD. It is a scary thing to see them freak out and have a flashback as though they are still in a war. People who have never been through this or seen this, will never understand. They are even trained to fight in their sleep. I saw one of them sleepwalking, imitating shooting a gun. I don't even like to think about what could have happened if they had actually had access to a gun. PTSD is very real, and I agree that the army doesn't do enough to help them. Now, I have no idea if this man was suffering from PTSD or not. I do not know him, but I do know that whatever happened, it is a tragedy and nothing any of us could say can reverse time and bring her back. It is obvious that a beautiful wife and mother died tragically. Her family and her children have so much to deal with for the rest of their lives. We should not excuse him for he did, but we should all focus more on trying to help the family and the children.
A Military Wife

United States

#85 Sep 23, 2011
Wacko wrote:
Since military wife knew him so well maybe her husband needs to ask questions about well they knew each other. She is defending him awfully hard for just friends!
Omg you're so funny. My husband feels the same way love. Its a very tragic situation but he doesn't deserve death!
parentof2

Cedartown, GA

#86 Sep 23, 2011
A Military Wife wrote:
<quoted text>Grow up sweetheart. You seem to think your opinion matters.
And, you seem to think yours does!!!
A Military Wife

United States

#87 Sep 23, 2011
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you making absurd accusations just because someone has a different opinion? I never read in her comments that she defended him or his actions. She only said not to make assuptions until facts are presented. Now, as a family member of a few solders, I know how hard it is for them to adjusts to civilian life. I have witnessed with my own eyes episodes of PTSD. It is a scary thing to see them freak out and have a flashback as though they are still in a war. People who have never been through this or seen this, will never understand. They are even trained to fight in their sleep. I saw one of them sleepwalking, imitating shooting a gun. I don't even like to think about what could have happened if they had actually had access to a gun. PTSD is very real, and I agree that the army doesn't do enough to help them. Now, I have no idea if this man was suffering from PTSD or not. I do not know him, but I do know that whatever happened, it is a tragedy and nothing any of us could say can reverse time and bring her back. It is obvious that a beautiful wife and mother died tragically. Her family and her children have so much to deal with for the rest of their lives. We should not excuse him for he did, but we should all focus more on trying to help the family and the children.
THANK YOU! It's nice to see someone has reading comprehension. You get what I've been saying all along.
Wacko

Monticello, FL

#88 Sep 23, 2011
A Military Wife wrote:
<quoted text> Omg you're so funny. My husband feels the same way love. Its a very tragic situation but he doesn't deserve death!
That's exactly why your opinion doesn't matter! He deserves to put thrown into a war zone with no way to defend hisself. No gun. No nothing. To die knowing he is fixing to get shot just like Rita had to. And his family should have to watch cause the baby had to watch her die.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lee J

Rockmart, GA

#89 Sep 23, 2011
I see why you are called"wacko"now.How pathetic!
A Military Wife

United States

#90 Sep 23, 2011
parentof2 wrote:
<quoted text>
And, you seem to think yours does!!!
I never claimed that my opinion mattered. I post to get my point across and I don't really care what you people think about what I have to say. All that this interaction between you and I has done is shown me that I can make my point without telling someone to "shut up". As for you I'm just curious as to what grade you're in because you've proven that you don't have the ability to interact on an adult level. Matter of fact "Wacko" is right up there with you so don't feel alone.
Aragon Mom

Rockmart, GA

#91 Sep 23, 2011
You all need to go look at her family her parents her babies her brothers and sisters then defend the piece of garbage that took her life..
Wacko

Monticello, FL

#92 Sep 23, 2011
Wacko is directing straight at YOU! Military wife
Wacko

Monticello, FL

#93 Sep 23, 2011
Lee J wrote:
I see why you are called"wacko"now.How pathetic!
Military wife is the Wacko. And maybe you are to
Lee J

Rockmart, GA

#94 Sep 23, 2011
Wacko wrote:
Wacko is directing straight at YOU! Military wife
Why are you people encouraging this chicken s%^t Wacko with your little judement icons?Hes idiotic enough anyway and you are all sitting by and letting him bash a woman like a dog.I hope I dont know any of you people because I would be ashamed to admit it!Youre as cowardly as he is for allowing this to go on undefended.Polk county really has some winners...
Wacko

Monticello, FL

#95 Sep 23, 2011
Lee J wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you people encouraging this chicken s%^t Wacko with your little judement icons?Hes idiotic enough anyway and you are all sitting by and letting him bash a woman like a dog.I hope I dont know any of you people because I would be ashamed to admit it!Youre as cowardly as he is for allowing this to go on undefended.Polk county really has some winners...
SHE takes offense to bring called HE. And SHE is not saying anything that is not TRUE
Wacko

Monticello, FL

#96 Sep 23, 2011
Being
A Military Wife

United States

#97 Sep 23, 2011
Lee J wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you people encouraging this chicken s%^t Wacko with your little judement icons?Hes idiotic enough anyway and you are all sitting by and letting him bash a woman like a dog.I hope I dont know any of you people because I would be ashamed to admit it!Youre as cowardly as he is for allowing this to go on undefended.Polk county really has some winners...
Thank you.
Lee J

Rockmart, GA

#98 Sep 23, 2011
Wacko,I think you were raised by wolves..mentally challenged wolves.I was raised that a man doesnt jump on a woman,verbally or otherwise.Do you beat them up too?What a man!The best thing for you to do is change your nic and change your ways.
a cousin of ritas

Mooresburg, TN

#99 Sep 23, 2011
Yesterday at the funeral it was so said!!!I hope I never see nothing like this again I pray that God brings my aunt,the babies,rita"s sister and brother thru this tragady.The babies crying for there mother so bad.Rita Ann had so many friends and family that showed how much they cared.PLEASE keep the family in PRAYER!!
wow 2

Rockmart, GA

#100 Sep 23, 2011
to Military Wife...your comment 'Grow up sweetheart. You seem to think your opinion matters.'..I am not your dang sweetheart & nobody cares about your opinion & if you had been such a good friend to this guy who murdered Rita (her husband) and spent some time talking to him instead of spending all your time on a computer like you are doing here commenting...well it wouldn't have helped either I don't guess. As you can see buy several others comments...nobody cares about your opinion & thinks you're just as nuts at the murderer!! My husband use to be in the military so I was once a military wife too but I don't feel sorry for this guy taking her life this way at all...so senseless & I won't waste another minute on this topic commenting to your stupid remarks because you aren't worth it!!!
YouWackoas milit wife

United States

#101 Sep 24, 2011
Lee J wrote:
Wacko,I think you were raised by wolves..mentally challenged wolves.I was raised that a man doesnt jump on a woman,verbally or otherwise.Do you beat them up too?What a man!The best thing for you to do is change your nic and change your ways.
For the second time... I'm a W O M A N you ignorant soul. Can you not read and comprehend? I changed my name just for you!
woolyone

Rockmart, GA

#102 Sep 24, 2011
YouWackoas milit wife wrote:
<quoted text>
For the second time... I'm a W O M A N you ignorant soul. Can you not read and comprehend? I changed my name just for you!
Well thats even trashier than a man doing it.Get back in your trailer park.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rockmart Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
murder in polk memory garden (Apr '17) Tue Law-abiding citizen 13
Fed up with the cold Jan 15 Needs to warm up 2
Help for Chick-fil-A addicts Jan 12 Fedup2 13
Chik-files calendars Jan 11 Not born here 5
Where to eat tonight? (Mar '17) Jan 6 Truth 12
Nicole (Jan '16) Jan 4 Dam it boy 12
News Sorrells cleared of charges as grand jury hands... Jan 4 Scooby 10

Rockmart Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance