First flag design adopted by Aragon City Council

Nov 16, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Cedartown Standard Plus

Aragon's first flag design incorporates the colors of purple and gold, which were used at the school once located there.

Comments
1 - 20 of 95 Comments Last updated Mar 7, 2013
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
born on walnut

Cedartown, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

I went to Aragon school for eight years and played football for coach Maddox..The only school colors I ever saw were green and white jerseys and beige pants with a red stripe.Our basketball colors were also green and white.Where did the purple come from.
Portland rd

Cedartown, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

I never heard of the Purple Pirates, all I ever heard about were the Aragon Rebels, and the colors were green and white.
Duane

Cedartown, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

green and white were Aragon's colors, never saw any purple.
vote

Rome, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

aragon rebels green and white
Raised in Aragon

Cedartown, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

born on walnut wrote:
I went to Aragon school for eight years and played football for coach Maddox..The only school colors I ever saw were green and white jerseys and beige pants with a red stripe.Our basketball colors were also green and white.Where did the purple come from.
I agree where did that purple come from? Should be GREEN and WHITE.
Jon

Cedartown, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

This must have been way before my time, because I've never heard of the Purple Pirates, all I've ever heard about was the Aragon Rebels (green and white), and I'm way past Senior Citizen status.
citizen

Cedartown, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Are you kidding me Mr. Mayor.......Your first 3 goals after taking office were a motto, a seal and a flag? What a joke . Aragon is running rampant with meth and other drugs, it has virtually turned into the Ghetto in the village and these were your first three goals?
walnut street

Cedartown, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

citizen wrote:
Are you kidding me Mr. Mayor.......Your first 3 goals after taking office were a motto, a seal and a flag? What a joke . Aragon is running rampant with meth and other drugs, it has virtually turned into the Ghetto in the village and these were your first three goals?
AND HE CAN'T EVEN GET THE DAMN COLORS RIGHT!!!!!!!!
New town

Cedartown, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

citizen wrote:
Pitiful ain't it . I miss Brenda.

“I am MSO4's Daddy!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

They need to burn the entire village like they did the school and mill. Everything would look better and all the meth heads would have to relocate back to Portland. It would be a good thanksgiving, we could fry or grill all the ducks from the millpond. It's a win win situation. Lets do it!
notsoaragon

Rockmart, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

born on walnut wrote:
I must be missing something, you are talking about a back in the day elementary school colors and the council is adopting a city flag. You peps in Aragon are so ignorant it's funny:):) and for whoever posted they miss gazz your brain must be fried or you're one of the many (family) she kept from jail.
walnut

Cedartown, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

notsoaragon wrote:
<quoted text>
I must be missing something, you are talking about a back in the day elementary school colors and the council is adopting a city flag. You peps in Aragon are so ignorant it's funny:):) and for whoever posted they miss gazz your brain must be fried or you're one of the many (family) she kept from jail.
You are coming down off meth right?I was at a few of the meetings when the colors were being considered.The question being ask at these meetings were about the school colors.These are the colors they wanted to incorporate into the flag scheme.Most of us early retirees remember the green and white of the Aragon Rebel football team.However,in all fairness to the Mayor and council I just today learned that purple and gold was used earlier on the basketball programs and I spoke with one man who was there when they changed those uniforms to green and white.
Aragonian

Cedartown, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

@notsoaragon.......so just because someone says they miss Brenda their brain is fried, or they are family she has kept out of jail? You are an IDIOT!!!
Brenda was born and raised in Aragon, she has many friends that love her, and supported her during each election. And, NO I am not family, nor do I do drugs,nor have I ever been in jail.
You are the one who's brain is fried, obviously you know absolutely nothing about Aragon or it's history, so why don't you worry about Rockmart fool!!!!!
notsoaragon

Rockmart, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Aragonian wrote:
@notsoaragon.......so just because someone says they miss Brenda their brain is fried, or they are family she has kept out of jail? You are an IDIOT!!!
Brenda was born and raised in Aragon, she has many friends that love her, and supported her during each election. And, NO I am not family, nor do I do drugs,nor have I ever been in jail.
You are the one who's brain is fried, obviously you know absolutely nothing about Aragon or it's history, so why don't you worry about Rockmart fool!!!!!
I know more than you think, X family, thank God. Why should I worry about Rockmart, at least their city colors didn't come from Goodyear Elementary Mustangs. You peeps in aragon are so funny, you thought when you finished aragon school you was done and ready for life. IGNORANT!!!!
Been Around

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

The mayor is right on! Unite the citizens under one motto, one seal and one flag and there is no end to the accomplishments you can achieve. Aragonites, this color debate is just one of the small challenges we have to overcome on our journey to greatness. ONWARD. Under one flag, one purpose, one mayor.....let's claim the victory.
just wondering

Cedartown, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

I've always been told by the old timers that Aragon School use to have a high school, that it wasn't always just an elementary school, does anyone know if this is true?
Aragonian

Cedartown, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

@notsoaragon......I don't think I would call anyone ignorant if I were you.......go back and read your comment. Aragon should be capitalized.......and you should have said "you were done" not "you was done". You must have dropped out of school in the fifth grade.
fishcreek

Cedartown, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

notsoaragon must still be mad because Gazaway didn't keep them out of jail.

Also, that was a very nice speech Mr. Mayor ooops I mean Been Around~~~~~~Stupid but nice.
zipyourlip

Cedartown, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

TO: notsoaragon--- please change your name to notsosmart. It wouldn't have made much sense for the city of Rockmart to have chosen Goodyear Elementary as their colors, Rockmart has more than ONE elementary school--- ding a ling!
notsoaragon

Rockmart, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Aragonian wrote:
@notsoaragon......I don't think I would call anyone ignorant if I were you.......go back and read your comment. Aragon should be capitalized.......and you should have said "you were done" not "you was done". You must have dropped out of school in the fifth grade.
The reason for not capitalizing aragon is that I have no respect for aragon. You must be a transplant!!!!! if not I would be ashamed to tell it;);)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

26 Users are viewing the Rockmart Forum right now

Search the Rockmart Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 4 min silverfox 50,298
New Ownership, Management, Service, and Vibe 54 min rockmart 13
explain this 15 hr Truth 5
thrive supplements (Jul '13) 16 hr Charmed 359
Terry coop back in town bursting our good peopl... 20 hr code-25 1
Pizza Depot (Jan '14) Wed Regina 19
zuker road Wed worrywart 1
•••
•••

Rockmart News Video

•••
•••

Rockmart Jobs