Man Accused of Shooting His Own Dog i...

Man Accused of Shooting His Own Dog in Backyard

There are 145 comments on the News10 Sacramento story from May 27, 2008, titled Man Accused of Shooting His Own Dog in Backyard. In it, News10 Sacramento reports that:

A Rocklin man is charged with felony animal cruelty after allegedly shooting one of his own dogs in his backyard.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News10 Sacramento.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Cat

Chicago, IL

#1 May 27, 2008
POS! Sick of looking at him - Let's shoot him in the head!!!
Jen-Citrus Heights

Santa Clara, CA

#2 May 27, 2008
I absolutely hate people that do things like this!!! I sure hope this old fart pays the ultimate price.
Old School

Sacramento, CA

#3 May 27, 2008
Dang that's hard core. This isn't 1932 old timer. You can't just shoot your dog anymore.

“M&M's mom”

Since: Nov 07

Yuba City, Ca

#4 May 27, 2008
What a scumbag!!!
REEFKEEPER

Sacramento, CA

#5 May 27, 2008
That old POS is who needs to be put to sleep.
DAAAAANG

Sacramento, CA

#6 May 27, 2008
That's just terrible. Poor puppy!
poor

Sacramento, CA

#7 May 27, 2008
puppy...that's just wrong!

Dogs are VERY loyal..they love us no matter what...how can anyone do that...I believe there is a special place in hell for ppl who are cruel to animals.
Kim

Orangevale, CA

#8 May 27, 2008
While I would never be cruel to an animal, I see a double-standard in our society. It's considered a sport to go shoot deer during hunting season. At the Natomas Fish Hatchery they hit tons of them on the head to kill them. However, when a man kills a dog in much the same way hunters kill animals... it's horrible abuse! That doesn't make sense. Both animals are being injured and may suffer.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#9 May 27, 2008
Given his age, I bet this isn't the first dog he's killed. There are probably more buried in his yard. Someone needs to start digging!!!

This is just sick!

“M&M's mom”

Since: Nov 07

Yuba City, Ca

#10 May 27, 2008
Kim wrote:
While I would never be cruel to an animal, I see a double-standard in our society. It's considered a sport to go shoot deer during hunting season. At the Natomas Fish Hatchery they hit tons of them on the head to kill them. However, when a man kills a dog in much the same way hunters kill animals... it's horrible abuse! That doesn't make sense. Both animals are being injured and may suffer.
I can sort of see your point. I don't like hunting. I hate it when my husband goes. But what this man did is so completely different from hunting.
Wow

United States

#11 May 27, 2008
I am a dog lover and this is very, very unfortunate. However, there is a double standard with killing animals. Pigs are smarter than dogs and they are legally slaughtered on a daily on the scale of hundreds of thousands. Men go out and hunt for sport and it's all legal. This guy needs a slap on the wrist - probation or community service plus counseling.
inappropriate guy

Williams, CA

#12 May 27, 2008
hmmmmm. IF he shot it because he couldn't stop it from barking, then I would be on his side. But a bullet to the head for chewing the fence is pretty strict!
I think a homeowner should be allowed to shoot his dog if the dog needs to be put down though. Sometimes bringing a sick, old dog into the vet is more stressful for the dog than a quick, lights-out bullet.
I have a feeling my post is not going to be popular--Bring it on!!
robbie

Roseville, CA

#13 May 27, 2008
Shoot him !!!!!!!!!!
HAH

Roseville, CA

#14 May 27, 2008
This guy should consider opening up a pet sitting business. I would be his first customer!

Ohh wait, I don't have pets.
Too Many Guns

Roseville, CA

#15 May 27, 2008
Too many guns!!
proud to be an american

Fremont, CA

#16 May 27, 2008
inappropriate guy wrote:
hmmmmm. IF he shot it because he couldn't stop it from barking, then I would be on his side. But a bullet to the head for chewing the fence is pretty strict!
I think a homeowner should be allowed to shoot his dog if the dog needs to be put down though. Sometimes bringing a sick, old dog into the vet is more stressful for the dog than a quick, lights-out bullet.
I have a feeling my post is not going to be popular--Bring it on!!
Not popular at all!! Just like kids who are abused..dont have them. If he wasnt happy with it "just being a puppy" then dont own one. Abuse is abuse weather it is a human or an animal. I hope this man gets the maximum penalty.
Nancy from Rancho Cordova

Sacramento, CA

#17 May 27, 2008
I hope this jerk does not get his other dogs bag. Poor little puppy- did he not ever hear of obediance training?

“Not really in Dallas”

Since: Dec 07

From Sacramento

#18 May 27, 2008
proud to be an american wrote:
<quoted text>Not popular at all!! Just like kids who are abused..dont have them. If he wasnt happy with it "just being a puppy" then dont own one. Abuse is abuse weather it is a human or an animal. I hope this man gets the maximum penalty.
A properly placed bullet is hardly abuse. If it is found that this man inflicted a non fatal injury and allowed the animal to suffer then this is intollerable and he should be prosecuted. If, on the other hand, the death was quick and clean then charge the man with unlawful discharge of a firearm if the case warrants it... otherwise IMHO there should be no charges filed.

I agree that this may be an unpopular opinion, however he could have taken the animal to the pound, and odds are the end would be the same... a dead dog.
Vietvet

Sacramento, CA

#20 May 27, 2008
Wait, you cannot shoot your own dog in the head? The terrorist have won!!
Douilookfat

Greenwood, CA

#21 May 27, 2008
Yea , there are a lot of dog lovers out there. What this man did was humane, hardly cruel, but outside the laws that keep us all from running around with guns killing dogs. Animals are not human and do NOT have equal rights as humans. So to say this man should be shot is just foolish. There are a lot more atrocities out there to deal with than what this man did.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rocklin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Roseville, CA Jun 23 nito88 19
News Fewer students eat school lunches as menus get ... May 31 Jaimie 16
News Sacramento College Students Turning To Sugar Da... May '16 Roger Chesney 2
Review: Duane Lyons Group (Mar '11) May '16 Unpaid 4
placer County courts & the corruption continues May '16 wheres Nalani Capri 2
Review: A+ Construction Pro May '16 Amand Jansen 3
How Long Does It take to get divorced in Placer... (Oct '10) Apr '16 filling there poc... 26

Rocklin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rocklin Mortgages