Cocoa Beach, New Smyrna Beach rank among top 10 beaches in Florida

Jan 14, 2013 Read more: Business Journal 9

The unusally warm winter in Florida could send the snowbirds flocking south to the Sunshine State a little earlier this year.

Read more
NSBResident

Edgewater, FL

#1 Jan 19, 2013
Nice, here come the tourists. UGH, we cant get on the beach now in the summer, guess its going to get worse.
wildcat

United States

#3 Jun 15, 2013
I hope every body there isn't a dick head like you I'm sure your town would be bankrupt without us tourist:) dumb ass.
wildcat

United States

#4 Jun 15, 2013
I would suggest you move the hell out of a tourist destination if you do not want to deal or be bothered by tourist:) UhG
NSBResident

Hollywood, FL

#5 Jul 15, 2013
I was here long before tourists discovered our town. Then developers found our town. Now it seems they want to turn us into mini Orlando with a beach. What was once aquaint hidden destination is quickly disappearing. Yes there are those who feel as I do, for good reason.
JurisPrude

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#6 Jul 15, 2013
I agree, NSBResident. We attempted taking our family from out of town to the beach on a recent weekend and it was miserable. Cars everywhere, some people seemed to have packed enough beach crap to open a store. Had to spend so much time concerned that the kids would get in the way of traffic that we could not enjoy ourselves and just left.

Wildcat, obviously you haven't been here, based on the question you ask. Sometimes the answers we get aren't what we want to hear.

We pay the very high taxes that take care of the beach, supply the manpower, and cannot even enjoy our "neighborhood" Traffic is getting horrendous, more trash on the sides of the roadways and beach. At one time I could go outside and see the beach and people enjoying it, now I look outside and see a parking lot where a beach used to be.

Most of the accommodations are not hotel or motel rooms that would feed money into the community. They are condo rentals with owners that live outside of New Smyrna, so that is where the money goes.
wildcat

Ashland, KY

#7 Jul 15, 2013
Well I would just move then, We had a great time even had a little festival of sorts and the condo was very nice and I left loving NSB and I enjoyed all the people I met as well I guess if you want to have a shitty time you can but we all had a great time and will be back:)
Icharcoal

Pittsburgh, PA

#8 Jul 16, 2013
Just left NSB after two wonderful weeks. We have a had a place there since the late 60's and while it has changed (mostly all for the better I might add), it is still the same town I grew up in. I spent plenty of money in the community and the merchants appeared to all be doing well.
JurisPrude

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#9 Jul 16, 2013
Icharcoal wrote:
Just left NSB after two wonderful weeks. We have a had a place there since the late 60's and while it has changed (mostly all for the better I might add), it is still the same town I grew up in. I spent plenty of money in the community and the merchants appeared to all be doing well.
If your coming from a place like crime ridden Jersey City, it probably seems like paradise.

If you are used to a big city, it may seem better, but NSB is losing its small town charm quick, fast and in a hurry.

We have thought of selling, but who wants to pay taxes of $25K per year for a beachfront piece of property that has a view of cars and is too crowded to enjoy anymore.
Lmao

Mount Holly, NJ

#11 Jul 8, 2014
JurisPrude wrote:
<quoted text>
If your coming from a place like crime ridden Jersey City, it probably seems like paradise.
If you are used to a big city, it may seem better, but NSB is losing its small town charm quick, fast and in a hurry.
We have thought of selling, but who wants to pay taxes of $25K per year for a beachfront piece of property that has a view of cars and is too crowded to enjoy anymore.
Just saw on the news the two ladies stealing a canopy from a family on new Smyrna beach.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rockledge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ebola patient arrives at hosptial Apr 13 ebola news 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Cocoa, FL (Aug '10) Apr 13 Go Blue Forever 44
News Italian espresso machine heads to Space Station Apr 13 Abrahammock Relig... 1
Homeless man (Apr '11) Apr 12 Raider 13
News Jewish groups pull support of Holocaust exhibit Apr 11 OSchneerson 6
News Former NASA expert claims he saw nine-foot alie... Apr 3 dragoon70056 6
News Brevard Ponzi schemers sentenced, fined $9 million Feb '15 Ralph Lipschitz 8
More from around the web

Rockledge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]