Activists redefine GOP platform

Activists redefine GOP platform

There are 2 comments on the Expressline Edition story from May 9, 2010, titled Activists redefine GOP platform. In it, Expressline Edition reports that:

In a move that seemed to surprise many members of Maine's Republican Party, a group of tea party-style activists redefined the party platform at the convention Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Expressline Edition.

Copperas Cove, TX

#1 May 10, 2010
And they called it a surprise move?

"The movement to introduce the fundamentalist platform, which now officially states the party's priority as pledging allegiance "not to a political party, but to the Constitution of the State of Maine and the Constitution of the United States of America," began about 18 months ago when Cowan and other members of the Knox County Republican Committee began drafting a version of the platform."

Since when is following the constitution a surprise move? Both parties could use a refresher course on the constitution.

#2 May 10, 2010
blah blah

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rockland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cottage (Mar '16) Mar '16 kyman 1
News 'American Pie' singer: 'I am not a villain' (Jan '16) Jan '16 Dr Wu 1
carl fusselman in rockland (Jan '16) Jan '16 TAC 2
carl fusselman ?????? (May '15) Jan '16 TAC 3
Rockland - Genealogy - Family History (Jul '08) Oct '15 Rockland home 6
Review: Maine Street Imprints (Oct '15) Oct '15 Marilyn Miha 1
News Lead Paint Law Claims First Contractor (May '11) Sep '15 daddywolf13 4

Rockland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance