Senior and stoned: More seniors using marijuana as baby boomer ...

Full story: Fox 8 WGHP

In her 88 years, Florence Siegel has learned how to relax: A glass of red wine. A crisp copy of The New York Times, if she can wrest it from her husband.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Make it Legal

Clayton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2010

I quit smoking it a few months ago, and since I have. Those aches and pains of arthritis, degenerative disk disease in lower back has caused me to reconsider going back to smoking it. I am 52 years old. I think that the weed should be legalized to help us with our aches and pains and our diseases. Not only will it help with that, the Law Enforcement will have more time to work in more areas of crime and the court systems will be lessened over the use and possession of this drug. I would rather see this drug being sold or used than Alcohol. Legalizing Pot will help our economy as it will create jobs, farming and in our state and in any state that is in need of recovery.
COOKIE

Portsmouth, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2010

Get with it ya'll. Legalize it. Make some money, create some jobs, someone needs to realize.!!!!!!
Interested Observer

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2010

Judged:

Legalized for medical use only. The last thing we need is a bunch of stoned people added to the drunk people driving an automobile. I realize that Darwinism will "weed" (sorry for the pun) out the totally stupid but they'll take innocent people with them. If you need it for medical reasons, then it should be treated just any other prescription, controlled substance. But that won't be enough for the addicted. They'll want it to be just like beer and sold everywhere.

“Cynical Scumbag”

Since: Jan 10

Lima Peru

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2010

I wish the fossils in congress would start smoking pot. Maybe then they would legalize it for 21+.
DollyDagger

Hampton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2010

Judged:

Fine by me if it's legalized but I don't care to have everyone driving around after smoking pot as it does affect reaction time. Just use the same guidelines as for drinking and driving. If people want to light up when they're at home for the night go for it but don't get behind the wheel of the car.
Oh great

Washington, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2010

Judged:

Just want we need, more deadheads milking the government for their welfare and medicare checks. Losers.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rockingham Discussions

Search the Rockingham Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 7 min State of Florida 49,420
Christopher Blake (Mar '12) Mar 31 looking for info 4
Criminal Charges Feb '14 That keener guy 2
Anson County Sheriff's Office on the hunt for m... Jan '14 maria 1
Scam Jam to help community avoid fraud (May '13) Nov '13 castoriehandley93 2
Hamlet council offers manager raise, contract (Oct '13) Oct '13 Hamlet Citizen 1
.::Richmond County Daily Journal:: (Dec '07) Oct '13 Goforth 174
•••
•••
•••
Rockingham Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Rockingham Jobs

•••
•••
•••