Social Security benefits to rise in 2009

Social Security benefits to rise in 2009

There are 4 comments on the Richmond County Daily Journal story from Dec 30, 2008, titled Social Security benefits to rise in 2009. In it, Richmond County Daily Journal reports that:

Those who receive Social Security benefits can look forward to 2009 bump in their fixed monthly income.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Richmond County Daily Journal.

“Trucker's perspective”

Since: Jan 09

Buzzard's Roost,Ga.

#1 Jan 1, 2009
For the elderly people and the ones who are TRULY disabled it's good news..but in Richmond county there's a lot of low life deadbeats getting government checks every month that are already celebrating the fact that they can now purchase a little bit more booze and dope!
citizen

United States

#2 Jan 2, 2009
I agree with you 100%.The low lifes have it a lot better than the ones who really are trying and the eldery.
Rockingham native

Lawndale, NC

#3 Jan 19, 2009
Let's get them to take a drug test each month before they issue a check. If the test is positive, no check should be issued.
Richard

Lake City, SC

#4 Jan 25, 2009
A lot of people in this US want hand outs. They say that "why should I work, when the govt will give me money to stay home". Cut them off and make them goto work. Us seniors have worked and need to rest, not have the govt take out checks away from us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rockingham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Commissioner Beam announces run for sheriff Jun 21 announcement 3
Company for the Night May '17 Justin 1
Prancing Horse Center for Therapeutic Horsemanship Feb '17 Prancing Horse 1
Best lawyer that handles estate!!!!!! Feb '17 Need help 1
News Ex-wife charged with murder (Dec '08) Jan '17 Dolly 38
News Man accused of sexually assaulting 13-year-old ... (Mar '11) Jan '17 pissed off 16
Christopher Blake (Mar '12) Dec '16 Oldfamily 9

Rockingham Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rockingham Mortgages