First 60 days for NC governor have been intense

RALEIGH, N.C. Gov. Beverly Perdue gets her first chance to speak to the General Assembly on Monday night in her State of the State address. Full Story
LOKEL

Weaverville, NC

#1 Mar 9, 2009
She has been real busy STEALING from the "NC education lottery" to prop up the State budget ....something she promised during the campaign that she would not do ....

Since: Jun 07

Elizabethton, TN

#2 Mar 9, 2009
Perdue is just a shadow of Mike Easley. All of his 8 years were "intense", in a bad way.
smkymtnlvr

AOL

#3 Mar 9, 2009
I'm amazed that more people aren't raising cain over not getting their state refund checks .... they told me two weeks ago that ours would be in by 3/6 and of course it wasn't. Don't they realize people count on what they tell them when you call in and are given information? This is ridiculous - it's our money, wonder if they'll pay US interest on being late with it????
mike

Suffolk, VA

#4 Mar 9, 2009
She has been busy trying to convince us that 3.7 billion dollars from the bailout is not enough to fill a two billion dollar shortfall. Bev has one goal, raise taxes. She is just a continuation of the years of theft and corruption by Mike Easly.
smkymtnlvr

AOL

#5 Mar 9, 2009
I just called and spoke with a rep (that already had an "attitude" 22 minutes after the call center had opened!).... she was hateful at best and informed me that they were told to tell people that called in to allow 30 BUSINESS days from the date you filed to receive a direct deposit. I asked if they were still running behind because of budget concerns and she said that it was NOT because there were budget concerns, it was because they had so many people efiling getting direct deposits. So what IS the truth? She got somewhat upset when I told her that I'd been given a date 2 weeks ago and pretty much indicated I was lying and that they had NEVER given any dates out when refunds would be direct deposited! When I asked if they were running late because there were issues with the budget - she said, "Well I work here and I've certainly never been told THAT!" After she said that, I was so mad, I didn't even think to ask if they'd add interest on, so I called back again. You have to jump thru hoops to get a live person ... I failed to mention that. Anyway - called back, got ANOTHER rude rep and asked her if interest would be added on and she assured me that these refunds would run no later than 4-6 weeks in getting them direct deposited, but when I asked her if they DID run over on the date, she did say interest would be added on. We'll see...... if people would start writing the governor's office and calling the 1-877 #, I think we'd get results faster.

Since: Mar 09

Gastonia, NC

#6 Mar 9, 2009
NOTHING - the politicians do surprises me anymore, I expect the very worse behaviors in every way. With that thought in mind. . . I am never disappointed.
Yep

Asheville, NC

#7 Mar 9, 2009
smkymtnlvr wrote:
I'm amazed that more people aren't raising cain over not getting their state refund checks .... they told me two weeks ago that ours would be in by 3/6 and of course it wasn't. Don't they realize people count on what they tell them when you call in and are given information? This is ridiculous - it's our money, wonder if they'll pay US interest on being late with it????
NC citizens are certifiably complacent and ignorant of those who oppress them

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rockingham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) Sat waco 59,631
Who do you support for U.S. House in North Caro... (Oct '10) Sep 9 Waco 28
Christopher Blake (Mar '12) Jul '14 cautious 5
Review: Tobacco Road Outlet #16 Jul '14 great store 1
Hate crime beating or fight over threats?7:31 a... Jul '14 T_Paige 2
Mom accused of locking children out of house to... May '14 Proverb 2
.::Richmond County Daily Journal:: (Dec '07) Apr '14 Mike Hall 175
•••
•••
Rockingham Dating