Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#35072 Feb 6, 2013
Why did the Insurance Companies lobby so strongly against The Affordable Care Act (Obama Care)?

Location hidden

#35073 Feb 6, 2013
TSF wrote:
It is republikans who control the NC senate, house and governorship. I really do not see what the state legislature trying to move NC back into the 18 th century has to do with unions or how you associate unions with the state legislature and their juvenile antics. Freightliner will make trucks as long as anyone buys them. Yes, I blame republikans for a weak economy.
<quoted text>
So the Commucrats have been in full or partial control of NC for 126 years and you blame Republicans for a weak economy? Classic!
Nationally, the Commucrats controlled Congress from '06-'10, the White House and the Senate from '08-present and you blame the Republicans for a weak economy? Again, Typical.
From '06-'10 all the Commucrats gave us was TARP, a stimulus bill, and Obamacare....all that have either slowed the economy further or in the case of Obamacare, will soon cripple the economy!
Have you researched to see what the lowest level of bronze coverage is going to cost a family of four? How bout $20k+ a year!
I can see everyone paying the penalty, which is substantially cheaper, then showing up at the hospital demanding care because they can't be turned down! What's that going to do for the economy?
Thanks a lot Commucrats!
The Cloward-Pivens strategy in full swing!
Allen

Penrose, NC

#35074 Feb 6, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the pot to the kettle, did you not read the terms and agreement of Topix? Looks like they busted both of us. You for potty mouth and me for using "scary" words. We've learned out lesson!!! At least we were both honest enough to own up to it.
Hey pot, the kettle agrees. Lol. I guess what I don't understand is, I always try to disguise my profanity and at the time the real Waco was using worse than me. Yes I have read it and as you would say, lol, blah, blah, blah. I felt the need to be honest about it so that hopefully the regulars could tone it down and not end up in Topix trouble. From now on when I wish to use profanity, I will just say, "refrain from profanity" or "RFP" and everyone can interpret it however they want. Lol.

Location hidden

#35075 Feb 6, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Is Voltaire the dead man in the painting?
No, I don't think so. It was only a guess as he spoke out against the Roman Catholic Church in his day, so I thought it may have been Voltaire. I don't know who it is.

Location hidden

#35076 Feb 6, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
You know,I wonder if seven goes to a four year college.
I thought they were five to six year colleges now!
Allen

Penrose, NC

#35077 Feb 6, 2013
LuLu wrote:
<quoted text>Use the tip otherwise you will pull to the right, assuming, your right handed.
I'll keep that in mind. Thanks

Location hidden

#35078 Feb 6, 2013
Hey Bacon, concerning your future travels, I was looking today and found Panama to be pretty attractive. Is this somewhere you've looked? I found a 4 bedroom, 2 bath house with an ocean "view" on 3 acres for $187k! Also, one of their incentives to attract Americans is that they're offering no taxes for the first 15 years! I may have to invest on a vacation house!!!
LuLu

Lenoir, NC

#35079 Feb 6, 2013
"Mexico’s president opposes legalizing marijuana, calls it ‘a gateway drug"
This was on Topix headlines,

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#35080 Feb 6, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>I thought they were five to six year colleges now!
yeah, if you're in"Animal House"!

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#35081 Feb 6, 2013
There's a certain way to post profanity, to get it approved.Also,a relative working for Topix helps.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#35082 Feb 6, 2013
Insurance companies were against Obama care? I wonder why.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#35083 Feb 6, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
Why did the Insurance Companies lobby so strongly against The Affordable Care Act (Obama Care)?
I really don't understand how it's affordable. I feel sorry for those who can only be seen once a month for health care in a hospital. If someone had heart surgery the first week in a month and had to be seen three weeks later in the same month, Medicare will not pay for it. You could be seen, but you will also have a big bill. This is how I understood it. This is my two cents worth.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#35084 Feb 6, 2013
LuLu wrote:
"Mexico’s president opposes legalizing marijuana, calls it ‘a gateway drug"
This was on Topix headlines,
Yeah, wouldn't want Mexico to have a drug problem.

Location hidden

#35085 Feb 6, 2013
TSF wrote:
My own feelings about insurance companies approaches hate. Turn loose on them. Anything to get the subject off those sickos and their perversions.
<quoted text>
TSF, I managed to find a feeling that somehow could outdo hate today. I won't bore you with all facts, but it was a homeowner's issue. I first started with what would make sense to most people, the insurance agency on my dad's homeowner's policy and from there it morphed from one run around to another to another... and every person I spoke with managed to get dumber, dumber and more dumberer!! Initially, I asked the first lady if the problem was covered under my dad's homeowners and I actually got this answer from her "Honey I don't know, I just work here and I have been for 33 years." I knew I was in trouble. Turns out they were only the agents that sold the insurance and after that I went through 3 insurance agencies and finally was told "your dad doesn't have a policy with us." I said he better have or else they owed him a good bit of money for all the checks I had written yearly to pay his premiums. Then they found an insurance agency, probably the Acme Insurance Company or something and told me they were owned by Liberty Mutual and I would need to speak to them because they had recently acquired several insurance companies. By this time my head is spinning around worse than the girl's head on the Exorcist and I'm one more "you'll need to speak to this person" from levitating and puking green through the phone. Finally, after numerous phone calls, and literally hours spent repeating my story to people like "Jen", "Matt", "what's going on, this is Josh" and "Kimmy", we found resolution. I had to pull out the big gun, "I'm calling the N.C. Insurance Commissioner and we'll let him settle this" and "hey Josh" managed to find someone over the age of 26, and it wasn't Jen's whose dog had died and she had to bury it with it's head toward the house so it could always see his home and what she was doing and Kimmy who had a voice like someone toking on a helium balloon. I think and let me reiterate, I THINK, tomorrow an adjuster is actually going to show up. You know TSF, there's no sense in what I went through today. I don't drink, but I was sorely tempted to start.

Location hidden

#35086 Feb 6, 2013
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
i would say because Obamacare is going to put them all out of business by creating an unlevel playing field where the govt owns the ball and the field and they determine who wins (them) and who loses (the insurance companies). The govt shouldn't be in the insurance business, the real estate business, the transportation business, etc..., those jobs should be done by the private sector!

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#35087 Feb 6, 2013
So, anybody here have medicare/Medicaid?

Location hidden

#35088 Feb 6, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
TSF, I managed to find a feeling that somehow could outdo hate today. I won't bore you with all facts, but it was a homeowner's issue. I first started with what would make sense to most people, the insurance agency on my dad's homeowner's policy and from there it morphed from one run around to another to another... and every person I spoke with managed to get dumber, dumber and more dumberer!! Initially, I asked the first lady if the problem was covered under my dad's homeowners and I actually got this answer from her "Honey I don't know, I just work here and I have been for 33 years." I knew I was in trouble. Turns out they were only the agents that sold the insurance and after that I went through 3 insurance agencies and finally was told "your dad doesn't have a policy with us." I said he better have or else they owed him a good bit of money for all the checks I had written yearly to pay his premiums. Then they found an insurance agency, probably the Acme Insurance Company or something and told me they were owned by Liberty Mutual and I would need to speak to them because they had recently acquired several insurance companies. By this time my head is spinning around worse than the girl's head on the Exorcist and I'm one more "you'll need to speak to this person" from levitating and puking green through the phone. Finally, after numerous phone calls, and literally hours spent repeating my story to people like "Jen", "Matt", "what's going on, this is Josh" and "Kimmy", we found resolution. I had to pull out the big gun, "I'm calling the N.C. Insurance Commissioner and we'll let him settle this" and "hey Josh" managed to find someone over the age of 26, and it wasn't Jen's whose dog had died and she had to bury it with it's head toward the house so it could always see his home and what she was doing and Kimmy who had a voice like someone toking on a helium balloon. I think and let me reiterate, I THINK, tomorrow an adjuster is actually going to show up. You know TSF, there's no sense in what I went through today. I don't drink, but I was sorely tempted to start.
Sorry for your frustrations but just another example of govt education hard at work!

Location hidden

#35089 Feb 6, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
Hey Bacon, concerning your future travels, I was looking today and found Panama to be pretty attractive. Is this somewhere you've looked? I found a 4 bedroom, 2 bath house with an ocean "view" on 3 acres for $187k! Also, one of their incentives to attract Americans is that they're offering no taxes for the first 15 years! I may have to invest on a vacation house!!!
I have looked and they have great deals and especially for a second home. I'm going for more than a vacation. I have chosen the south end of the BVI's and they have great deals and a package similar to those in Panama regarding taxes but I think there's is only 5 years and also, I had to check into their health care facilities for my dad and brother and they're a little above Panama's, per their health care providers here; however, treatment will need to be in the northern part of the island, but the island is not very large, so no big deal. Pro, go for it and hey guy if you get a place, let me know, I'd rent her out for a week or two, IF I get a discount!!!

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#35090 Feb 6, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
So, anybody here have medicare/Medicaid?
No! But I know many who do.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#35091 Feb 6, 2013
" Millionaires consider leaving California because of state income tax".......yeah , come to Texas boys, its legal to be rich in Texas ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rockingham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Official: NC magistrates duty-bound to marry gays Nov '14 mere cat 9
Psychiatrist agrees to suspension for dating ex... Oct '14 dolhouse 4
Cash Oct '14 Mic 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in North Caro... (Oct '10) Sep '14 Waco 28
Christopher Blake (Mar '12) Jul '14 cautious 5
Review: Tobacco Road Outlet #16 Jul '14 great store 1
Hate crime beating or fight over threats?7:31 a... Jul '14 T_Paige 2
Rockingham Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web