NCO call center to add 500 workers

Aug 10, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Rockford Register-Star

“It was a chance we could not let go of”

ROCKFORD - One of the largest employers on the northeast side of town plans to get even bigger by the end of the year. via Rockford Register-Star

Comments
81 - 96 of 96 Comments Last updated Sep 19, 2012
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Fingerprinted

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2011

I just had my second interview a couple days ago and I had to take a drug test, get fingerprinted AND a background check. I applied for telephone banking and they put me down for Chase customer service but I have a misdemeanor on my record from 2007 will that damage my chances of getting hired? I really need this job.
current employee

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2011

Fingerprinted wrote:
I just had my second interview a couple days ago and I had to take a drug test, get fingerprinted AND a background check. I applied for telephone banking and they put me down for Chase customer service but I have a misdemeanor on my record from 2007 will that damage my chances of getting hired? I really need this job.
While I understand your need and concern, you should know that all of the current employees have to reaply and do the same testing!! There are current employees that have the same issues as your history, and from what we understand, yes it will damage your chances. Best of luck to you!!( and me, i have to reaply for a job i already have with no guarantees.)
that guy

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2011

i am currently thinking about applying to nco and i got a call saying im gonna have a drug test, but i smoke pot and iv heard from friends that they say they are gonna drug test but never do its not worth the money. my question is will this effect me getting the job? will they test me at put it on my record for future employers? any help would be much appreciated due to the fact i have my interview tomorrow. thnks for all help with my dellema!!!!
current employee

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2011

yes they will drug test you 100% even current employees are being tested, and as far as reporting to other employers, i suggest a google search to see if it is legal.
that guy

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2011

how soon do they test you after the second interview?
Former Employee

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2011

Well, this will open up a lot of new jobs. I hope the management has changed and there has been a wage increase. When I worked there it was so stressful because of the constant lack of job security a person had to get stoned to cope.I waited until I got home, however. Helped me forget for a short while that I had to go back.
current employee

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2011

Judged:

In responce to "that guy" i do no know how soon they will test you just before your first day. for "fromer employee", i understand 100% on the lack of job security feal, but I don't partake in your form of "stress release". I just get headaches from that place. and no, a lot of management is the same and no pay change. they want big responsibility for little wages.
Used to work there

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

Judged:

I worked there for 3 years and quit a year ago and i just re-applied, i hope it changed, i heard its chase now, not t-mobile. and you get 9.50 an hour when i worked there i got 9.56 an hour and it took me 3 years to get there.
NCO

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2012

I worked there over a year. The management let there position go to their heads. They are nothing more than team leaders. No skills. I kicked one of the managers aszzes outside of theree one weekend. He tried to act out in the store I was in that day. Needless to say after the incident outside the store he respected my space. I don't recommend this place.
nco employee

El Monte, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2012

I have worked at nco for a little over 2years now. Its not the job thats bad, its the people that work there. The supes and bay leads are lazy, ad hr is a joke. Godforbid you interfere in your supes "busy" day to ask a question, or ask them to take a sup call, they will find anyone else but them to take it..do your job,and leads arent much better. Nco will try to fire you for anything and everything,but dont worry if you are an ass kisser,you will be ok. The only way to move up in nco is to kiss ass. To me its an easy job and money isnt that bad,but we should get more than what we do,but hey beats minimum wage. The worst part is your co-workers a bunch of teenage drama who thinks work is a fashion show, who have no idea about the real world,not all but 80% are like this. You definitely have to have patients to work here.
former nco employee

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2012

place is a joke, they don't even know what they are doing as a company by the hour...much less daily or weekley.... in my mind, (probably not true, but it seems like it is) the more far reaching a decision is, the more drunk they got to be to make it.... what that place needs is a union... unfortunately a union will end up protecting some of the lazy motherf***ers that are there....but it will protect us from decisions made my management that clearly has no respect for the employees.... i agree with the person above....if you are someone in leadership's lover, drug dealer, ass kisser, drinking buddy, or their family you can pretty much do what ever you want.... ask any employee and most will have ten sh**ty stories versus one good story that happened there, that's a guarantee
Ray

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2012

NCO -- Dont apply wrote:
First off, not all sup's thing they are the shi*! We go through a lot more than you little complaining ass pieces of shit reps could even imagine. All you do is put up with rude customers (okay really rude customers, and a lot of shitty policies and quality guidlines)!!!!! We put up with U, all these little teenagae acting, problem starting, drug dealing, idoits.
As if that wasnt bad enough upper mangmt is up our assess all day yelling about numbers never being good enough, you are right about one thing, all upper mngmt here is DUMB, they have no idea how to even take a call!!!! I cant wait till they change to a diff project or close so i can get a serverance package THIS JOB BLOWS the BIG ONE!!!!
Pay SUCKS at agent and Sup level!!!!!
Hours expected to work is CRAZY (I work 60 hours a week, no OT because im on salary)!!!!
Reporting is extensive and unnessasary and takes all week to find the right numbers!!!!!
Quality is a flipping Joke!!!!!!!!!
Expect NOT to have a life out of WORK!!!!!!
Worst of all NO APPRICIATION for hard work from upper mngmnt!!!!! EVER!!!!!
LOl, you sound just like the person I want to work under. Real professional, lol.
jordan

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2012

whyis NCOs number so damn hard to find on line if anyone has it can they please send it to my email, jordan.ayers15@yahoo.com, they screwed up my ssn and now i cant get my w2 forms of the weg page cuz i dont now the ssn they have on file and i really need my w2 so some please send me the rockford il number for them thanks
umm

Roscoe, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

a bad joke wrote:
idiots let loose. Casey Farrel, Heather Evans, Ashley Davis, and Jessica Rushing are the biggest jokes out there.
Casey FarrelL was the best coach I ever had and always went above and beyond for me. And damn, that girl could talk on the phone! She really could walk the walk and I learned more from listening to her on the phones than I ever did in training. She wasn't afraid to break policy if it meant treating a customer or employee the way they should.
Currently employeed there

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

To all of you, if you area applying for the job at NCO a few things you should know, Yes you will have to take a drug test the day of your second interview. Yes you have to have a clean back round, I was told when I was hired that they dont offer two consecutive days off in a row and you WILL have to work a weekend day. They recently started a new project (in which I work for) and from my understanding it is 100% completely different than it was with t-mobile. The reason it is so different is because the client is different. The client is a bank. The client themselves run the back round check not NCO and believe me they dig, they got something out of my juvenile record that I had to prove was taken care of and I had to prove it wasnt suppose to be on my record. They pay isnt bad and if you can keep your numbers up, the bonus system is pretty good as well. This job is not for everyone though, if you dont like to be on the phone or you cant multitask then dont apply. hope that helps you all :)
Current Emp

Horsham, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

They will screw you over every chance they can.. normally that's everyday if you don't check your hours. They are always calling for overtime but forget to pay their employees what they worked for. Their metrics are flawed because whatever percentage they want from you seem to always have a negative impact on the rest so you can't ever satisfy the stupidvisors. Juan Alvarado, Luis Rios, George Zepeda, and Daniel Walker suck ass. Oh and richard is a fag

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rockford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr mahz 49,277
Catholic Charities refuses to place children wi... (Jun '11) 7 hr nOgOd 643
sex offenders in river grove 11 hr Low-end 2
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) Thu whatitis 3,911
Family and Friends Hold Vigil for Jimmy Hollins (Nov '13) Aug 20 Angela Smith 2
IL Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in I... (Oct '10) Aug 20 Weneedchange 147
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) Aug 18 newpoly 1,898

Search the Rockford Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Rockford Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Rockford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE