Does Rockford have a prostitute problem?

Posted in the Rockford Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 51 Comments Last updated May 20, 2014
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
IseeU

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2009

Recently driving around a part of the city I've never been in before. Just recently oved here and was checking ut differnt parts of th city to try and learn my around. I noticed that there seemed to be alot of women walking the streets around 11th between sandy hollow and broadway and from 11th to kishwaukee around broadway. I could be wrong i mean it is sumer time and people are outside more in the nicer weather but it just put an eerie feeling in my gut. I'm not from around here so I don't know for sure but I didn't know Rockford had a problem with this.
LAC

Coudersport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2009

yes it always has n that area!
bobby

Gurnee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2009

its very easy to determan if a woman walking is looking to be picked up for prostitution or if she is just simply walking,

if she is not hooking she may look at you, after all your looking at her right? but shell look away and try to avoid you and mind her business.

but if she is hooking shell be looking at you in a much different way, i mean she is trying to get picked up ya know. If you slow down and look a bit harder youll find her making some type of signal to let you know shes working, maybe a head nod or a really sexy smile, by now your pulled over and shes getting in offering a $20 BJ
Mike boogie

Clarksville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2009

Sweet
Dan Smyth

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2009

Judged:

The problem with the prostitutes is that they are so skanky and nasty looking!

It's really funny to cruise around and have them look at me like I am a prospect! Say Woman (if you ARE one), is that the best you can look?

It's sad that there are police stings and such with prostitution. I know a lot of married men and women out there that spent a lot of money getting married just to have sex. Do you know what that costs? What's the difference? Getting married for sex or spending 10 bucks for something in the alley so you can feel better about the person you have to sleep with?

If I buy sex from you, it does not hurt your neighbor! It should not be against the law!

Sorry, If I take a girl out to dinner and dancing, paying for her and what she wants to drink, I spend money! If I do it because I think I may get a chance at that rack or her friend because of what I spent on them, is this not prostitution too?

You can be sure that I would get nothing just telling the gals to get in the truck. With some fancy dining and dancing, and some charm for luck, I am using that to pay for the sex that may come.

I just can't wait until my wife finally leaves me and I get to play the field again!

I will have money. I will know what I want. I will be shy at times and I may come right out and say what I want and how I feel about it. You can be sure I will not put out a lot of cash for women, wine and song just to get laid.

I just hope that by the time my wife leaves me that the hookers will look a lot better! Rockford just has not got what it takes for me to even be interested, sorry!
I donít go to Nevada for gaming; I certainly will not go there for sex! I am not a child, either, and I am not ashamed that I like sex and that sexy women turn me on!
Them is the facts!
Kent Daversa

Mcdonough, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2009

I dont have a problem with them
Michael A

Belvidere, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

Judged:

Kent Daversa wrote:
I dont have a problem with them
No, no one should. Only those that are scared of sex! Religious folks and such, that think sex is only after marriage... Well sex is good and great, I've been married for 18 years, and both my wife and I enjoy having sex with others. I so liberating that unless you try it you will never even imagine anything like it. And yes, it does not hurt any one. In countries that prostitution is legal, prostitutes are regulated by health department and STD are almost non existent, also the number of rape case and child molestation is so low compare to ours that that reason alone should be reason enough to make it legal.
James

Peterborough, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2010

Judged:

I have worked all over the world, including NYC, Amsterdam, Paris, Dubai, all places where prostitution is pretty rampant. The problem seems to be the pimps. They coerce girls into the business, they rob the customers, they supply the drugs etc. In Dubai, most of the girls work for themselves, drugs dont exist and you never hear of customers being rolled. But there are fewer pimps, and if you are one, you will be caught and badly treated. You rarely hear of the pimps being busted. When they rob someone, the victim usually isnt in a position to complain, and when the girls get beaten, they cant really complain either. The police tend to go for the easy arrest, the johns and the girls. I dont say legalize it, this would not solve the pimping problem, but I do say get tough on the pimps.
IseeU

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2010

I agree James. Bust the pimp / drug dealers and I think the "problem" will be less of a problem.
Gods1stpick

Salem, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2010

Judged:

Marriage is the most expensive "Free" sex you'll ever have. As a former resident of the area called Belvidere-Rockford prostitution wasn't needed as much on Wed. and Thurs. evenings at the bowling alleys when the married women bowled in the mid-seventies. The Dodge Lanes nursery (so many mattresses, so little time. Now, soak 'em in Epsom salts for an hour.
Mel

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2010

You all have great points. I say make prostitution legal and have the health department monitor the prostitutes. There would be a lot less STD's out there. Rockford doesn't have a problem with prostitution, Rockford has a problem with cops that have attitude problems with prostitutes! If people would just mind their own business and stay away from "that side of town" if you don't want to be bothered by the prostitution in Rockford then Rockford would be a much nicer place to be.
MizzB

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2010

Judged:

Dan, the difference between getting married and paying $10 for something in the alley to "feel better about the person you have to sleep with" is that you are married. You CHOSE to get married. Sneaking around and buying sex with people who are not your wife, who probably could give you and your wife an STD or a death sentence, is pretty low. I'm sure your wife doesn't know, because you sound like a coward who objectifies women. I hope she does leave you and takes you to the cleaners. Why don't you post her phone # and I will call her myself.
Michael, I am not scared of sex, but I am scared of prostitutes. By patronizing a prostitute, which in this state is illegal, you are part of the problem. You are helping keep someone sick and lining her pimps pockets. These women are not working for themselves.
I agree with Mel. Make prostitution legal. The women doing the work deserve to reap the benefits, not the dirtbags that abuse them and keep them sick in their dependencies.
Steve D

Freeport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2010

Prostitution is defined as "the act or practice of engaging in sexual activity for money or its equivalent". Shelter, clothing, food, jewelry and/or transportation provided for a person is the equivalent of money. I live in a gated private golf course community in a Chicago suburb. I know many wives in this community that have never worked, they sport huge diamond rings and drive expensive vehicles and sometimes are many years younger then their husbands. It is very clear they married them for their money. In other words they are legal prostitutes, because they are married. I have seen first hand some of the deficiencies of our legal system. We go to great lengths to apprehend drug addicts and prostitutes but never seem to go after the drug dealers and pimps. Last year there was a pimp driving around Rockford in a van that had plates that were at least four months expired. Yet he never seemed to get stopped. It makes me wonder why we can't seem to apprehend these people.
james t

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2010

Judged:

Michael A wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no one should. Only those that are scared of sex! Religious folks and such, that think sex is only after marriage... Well sex is good and great, I've been married for 18 years, and both my wife and I enjoy having sex with others. I so liberating that unless you try it you will never even imagine anything like it. And yes, it does not hurt any one. In countries that prostitution is legal, prostitutes are regulated by health department and STD are almost non existent, also the number of rape case and child molestation is so low compare to ours that that reason alone should be reason enough to make it legal.
Prostitution really should be legalized because at least it would be regulated, as you stated above. Its going to happen anyway, so why not at least prevent the spread of STDs.
Prostitutes have a "reason" to SELL sex...... they are either addicted to drugs, unable to find conventional employment for various reasons (poor economical decline/unemployment, and lack of education/skills, etc. etc.) in most cases. I'm sure if you took a poll of prostitutes asking whether or not they solicit different sexual partners for self gratification those polls would probably reveal that the vest majority of prostitutes do not randomly have sex with multiple partners for fun, unlike you and your wife, who are "happily married."
If you want to have multiple partners throughout your life, you, as well as your wife should stay single, and not enter the union of marriage. You do know what the word union means, right? It means whole, unbroken, and impenetrable. Does your wife's "partners" spend the night and have breakfast the next morning at your kitchen table? You sound like a really classy to let other dudes bang your wife.
So, in conclusion...you sound like a real douche bag and so does your wife.
Have a good day (:
gaylord

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2010

lol
Not Missing Home

Country Club Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2010

Of course they are skanky and nasty looking. I had grown up in Rockford and moved away after my childhood neighborhood became prostitute central. Now they are skanky because most of them are crack heads...you see those teeth.
Dan Smyth wrote:
The problem with the prostitutes is that they are so skanky and nasty looking!
It's really funny to cruise around and have them look at me like I am a prospect! Say Woman (if you ARE one), is that the best you can look?
It's sad that there are police stings and such with prostitution. I know a lot of married men and women out there that spent a lot of money getting married just to have sex. Do you know what that costs? What's the difference? Getting married for sex or spending 10 bucks for something in the alley so you can feel better about the person you have to sleep with?
If I buy sex from you, it does not hurt your neighbor! It should not be against the law!
Sorry, If I take a girl out to dinner and dancing, paying for her and what she wants to drink, I spend money! If I do it because I think I may get a chance at that rack or her friend because of what I spent on them, is this not prostitution too?
You can be sure that I would get nothing just telling the gals to get in the truck. With some fancy dining and dancing, and some charm for luck, I am using that to pay for the sex that may come.
I just can't wait until my wife finally leaves me and I get to play the field again!
I will have money. I will know what I want. I will be shy at times and I may come right out and say what I want and how I feel about it. You can be sure I will not put out a lot of cash for women, wine and song just to get laid.
I just hope that by the time my wife leaves me that the hookers will look a lot better! Rockford just has not got what it takes for me to even be interested, sorry!
I donít go to Nevada for gaming; I certainly will not go there for sex! I am not a child, either, and I am not ashamed that I like sex and that sexy women turn me on!
Them is the facts!
mad moxxi

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2010

So how much for sex and shit? Is this for real?
just thinkin

Elgin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2010

prostitution takes many forms in bel-rock,il.
carri

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2010

A lot of prostitutes are kidnapped by the pimp and made to sell their bodies. they are hooked on drugs. The pimps are to blame. the prostitutes are only handing down to the customer stds. I do not understand why someone would want sex so bad that they do not care if they get a std. Half of the US population has a std. Look it up on the internet. There is an epidemic of STDS. in the United States.
too bad it is our children who also suffer as these epidemics progress. As humans continue to have unprotected sex these STD epidemics will progress. New diseases will emerge.

Unprotected sex is like firing a loaded gun. It can be a death sentence.
sadden

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2010

i thought they all got hired at chrysler real bad there to

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Rockford Forum right now

Search the Rockford Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 5 min ohoh 3,846
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Te rigs 48,996
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 9 hr newpoly 1,867
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) Jul 27 Chicagobunny 526
Looking for family members Lewis C. Williams an... Jul 24 Renee 1
Hannah Montana Email!!!!!!! (Nov '07) Jul 22 Paige 1,200
Police: Suspect Tried To Strangle Woman (Mar '08) Jul 21 LMAO 164
•••
•••
•••
•••

Rockford Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••