2 teens killed, 2 injured in McHenry ...

2 teens killed, 2 injured in McHenry County crash

There are 24 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Oct 26, 2007, titled 2 teens killed, 2 injured in McHenry County crash. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

A car driven by a 17-year-old student from Algonquin slammed into a dump truck Friday then hit a utility pole, killing two passengers, including her brother, and injuring another youth, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Relative of Katie

Cleveland, OH

#21 Nov 16, 2009
Gail, you should be ashamed of yourself. Our family lost a very special girl. Katie was, intelligent, responsible and very mature. It was an ACCIDENT. Keep your opinion to yourself and show some respect.
heres the skinny

Lombard, IL

#22 Nov 17, 2009
isn't there a law against driving at that age with more then 1 other person in the car? Kids nowadays are to irresponable to have a right to drive so early. The wierd thing is these same kids will go out and drive like idiots days after they lost there friend and the only ones that suffer are the family. Lets not go the way of MOTHER as she just want to forget it happened and hold no one accountable. When a car crashes someone is at fault. She had to be going pretty fast to hit a dumptruck and then a pole and killing 2 people. I know she will be living that terible day for the rest of her life.

United States

#23 Nov 18, 2009

United States

#24 Feb 22, 2011
I am appalled at some of these posts. Accidents happen. Truly we have all had them. I am just fathomed by some of the accusations that some of you have made. They must have been speeding, drinking, they were too young to drive. Seriously, I am sure that you all have taken a fall, spilled, a glass, of milk, or whatever, your “accident” may have been. Could have, should have, may have been prevented, however, it happened. Sometimes in life the path that we are on has a few choices in it that we can control, those other stops that have to be made are by the grace of God. This is not a time to pass judgment on these poor families that have lost someone dear to them. This is the time that the community should reach out to them. All of them. The community has lost students, friends, best friends, sons, daughters, and from some of the students or friends posts a truly wonderful set of children. Who are you to think that you have the right to judge them let alone try to pass guilt onto those poor parents who have just lost their children? Have some respect and if you cannot be there to support them and pray for them in their time of need then keep your unwise, unwanted comments to yourself. As for me, I don’t know any of you, I ran across the news article online. To the parents and others, I truly deeply cannot imagine what you are going through. There are no words that can take away your pain and sorrow. Know that when the pain, the feeling of not going on without slowly fades, though never goes away your heart will be healed. You will always miss them and love them dearly, but understand that they are safe now. They can never be hurt again by anything nor anyone. They were needed by someone far more important than the rest of us here left to mourn. They will be watching you and waiting for you from the heaven and skies above. My thoughts and prayers are with you all, Clinton, IA

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rockford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Poll: Americans favor slightly higher bills to ... Fri Johnny America 3
Mike Webb (Dec '13) Oct 16 aja 3
Isaac and Ricky Jimenez (Mar '16) Oct 15 Tannya 2
witch beulah (Dec '10) Oct 15 Tannya 26
News Police: Suspect Tried To Strangle Woman (Mar '08) Sep '16 Pats cleaning crew 175
News Apria Healthcare eliminating 90 Rockford-area jobs (Apr '09) Sep '16 HAHA 23
Charlie Burke Child Molester Sep '16 Saint Andrew 1

Rockford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rockford Mortgages