2 teens killed, 2 injured in McHenry ...

2 teens killed, 2 injured in McHenry County crash

There are 24 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Oct 26, 2007, titled 2 teens killed, 2 injured in McHenry County crash. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

A car driven by a 17-year-old student from Algonquin slammed into a dump truck Friday then hit a utility pole, killing two passengers, including her brother, and injuring another youth, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
marian student

United States

#1 Oct 26, 2007
were all going through alot with the loss of alex and taylor - with eva and will on the edge its even harder they are all such good people and they didnt deserve what they got at all- they have everyones prayers

it really makes you think about how special each life is and how quickly it can be taken away

everyone is in shock- its kind of hard to imagine not seeing alex walking down the hall when you see him most every day- were praying as hard as we can for william and eva to make a full recovery -at marian we are a family and we are pulling together and making it through this
Rocket Man

Mchenry, IL

#2 Oct 26, 2007
So true, marian student, so true.

I considered both Alex and Taylor dear friends, and not seeing them anymore just rips me up inside.
Gail

United States

#3 Oct 27, 2007
Here is another teen at the wheel. I think when you put a teen at the wheel it is the same as putting a gun in there hand when will anybody realize that getting a lience at sixteen is to young to drive, I think the legal age to drive should be eighteen
Mother in ME

Saint Albans, ME

#4 Oct 27, 2007
Gail, did you drive at 16? Tragedies do happen, regardless of age. Offer your prayers and support, not your politics.
7th grader at SMM

Algonquin, IL

#5 Oct 27, 2007
Gail, from what I understand you didn't know the passengers in the car. They always drove carfully and safely. To some extent i agree with you about the licence at sixteen should ONLY be for the driver with an adult present. We here about these crashes much more in number now because teens are becoming reckless drivers and becoming distracted from the road. Anyways, read the news report and you'll see that they lost control of the car on a dangerous road. Please don't make inferances on people you don't know or incidents you didn't see.

~7th grader at SMM
Mike

Chicago, IL

#6 Oct 27, 2007
Thank God Eva and Will are still alive. Alex was on my soccer team and kind of a friend. It'll be hard filling his seat near me in biology.
Homer Ballard

Machesney Park, IL

#7 Oct 27, 2007
I truly hope excessive speed did not contribute to this tragedy!!!!
kristin horney

Lombard, IL

#8 Oct 27, 2007
i cant believe this happened to alex. he was such an amazing person and i will never forget him.
Marian Dad

United States

#9 Oct 27, 2007
Both of my daughters knew these great kids. Alex was my daughters Bio lab partner and his locker was nx to hers. She really liked him and although he was shy, they always had a great time together. My other daughter knew Eva, both seniors.She is also very sad over this loss of life.As parents who live 20 min away from school, we worry every day when they get into a car to drive to this great school. Having lost my mother to a drunk driver when I was 14, I know the pain of such an sudden event like this.Last nights playoff football game was a true healing event. The pre game and halftime prayers were very helpful to many of us. The visiting team and their fans showed great class by their actions. I was approached by a few Sterling fans who expressed their sadness and one father shared his loss of his son a few years ago,just a few days before his graduation. He told me the pain never goes away. It's too bad both teams couldn't win last night, but Sterling was a winner w/me.I glad we didn't have to play some of our normal rivals last night. Driscoll showed their true colors last year when our QB got knocked out on a play and they stood over him and taunted him while he was out cold and their fans did the same. I can only image how they would have acted during the beautiful pregame prayer for these poor kids. My heart goes out for all affected by this terible loss.
Marian Student 2

Crystal Lake, IL

#10 Oct 27, 2007
i cnt believ this would happen. i was a friend of alex. i feel terrible for the wozniak's and grys's for their losses. i hope everyone can take 5 mins out of their day to pray for their families and for will and eva who are still alive.

we miss u already alex, and we'll see u again.
Friend

Winona, MN

#11 Oct 27, 2007
Another tradgedy. More lives lost. It's hard to believe this has happened again. First Danielle & Kevin Trueblood my freshman year of high school, then Katie Weiler, and now Taylor and Alex. Why do these things always happen to the the seemingly sweetest people?? It's easy to get angry & upset with God when things like this happen. Easy to turn away from Him. But it's during times like this when we need Him the most. Just turn to Him and He will always provide us with the strength needed to get through this. My heart, thoughts and prayers go out to anyone else affected by this tragic accident. Eva & Will-we are praying for your recoveries and hoping God will give you a second chance at the life we know you both deserve. Taylor & Alex-you will be greatly missed, but never forgotten. You are in a better place now, resting in peace with your Creator. Kevin, Danielle, & Katie, watch over them and take care of them up there. God Bless.
Emily

Addison, IL

#12 Oct 27, 2007
I am neighbors with the wozniaks.
there family should not have to go through this.
none of them deserve this.
taylor and i had been good friends we went through alot together.
CL Leaf Hockey Player

Round Lake, IL

#13 Oct 27, 2007
I know the Schlau family and I just want to say how horrible it is for any family to go through something like this. Does anyone have any news on how Will is doing?
Friend

United States

#14 Oct 27, 2007
I am so sorry for the loss in your community. Please know you are in my prayers.
PDQ

Lombard, IL

#15 Oct 27, 2007
My thoughts and prayers go out to the families, friends and community in this time of saddness.
May the strength of God be with you.
marian freshman

Western Springs, IL

#16 Oct 27, 2007
i cn't belive this why them me n alex were close buds but now hes gone taylor was in mi bio class its jst so hard not to hear there voices again i just wish there families the best..alex i'll miss u man n taylor i'll miss u too
TDD

Crystal Lake, IL

#17 Oct 29, 2007
I AGREE 100% Gail! You are not considered able to enter into a legal contract until the age of 18, so why are we allowing our children to legally be control at the wheel of something that can kill?
TDD

Crystal Lake, IL

#18 Oct 29, 2007
Before anyone judges my first comment, know that it is a result of anger that more young lives have been lost. My mother's best friend lost her teen daughter to a crash as well. It is unimagineable what any family goes through. I just wish kids could have a chance to be kids a little longer before being given the great responsibility of being put in the position Ava was put in. May God bless these children, here and in heaven. May God also help Ava find the strength to forgive herself and move forward in a life that will be full of challenges she should never have had to know.
Sal

Chicago, IL

#19 Oct 30, 2007
Age is not to blame; rather automobile manufactures who build disposable cars for bigger profits. Safety should be first (and not with a 5 mph bumpers). Cars are a big part of are lives and they should be built to the best of our abilities. You can be a teenager and have responsibility to drive family and friends home. These kids will remember this day for the rest of their lives. Donít judge them, pray for them and their families.
a friend of alex

Lombard, IL

#20 Apr 28, 2008
Gail wrote:
Here is another teen at the wheel. I think when you put a teen at the wheel it is the same as putting a gun in there hand when will anybody realize that getting a lience at sixteen is to young to drive, I think the legal age to drive should be eighteen
im sorry mam. you didn't know them and how dare you say anything. alex was my friend. he died. and it was not his sisters fault. you need to think before you talk. because there are people out there still hurting because of this accident. i miss alex more than ever. and you saying this makes the whole situation worse. keep your opinions to your self no one wants to here them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rockford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
missing: antonio latrell little Jun 30 evans 5
News Catholic Charities refuses to place children wi... (Jun '11) Jun 26 Kroenite 1,655
Review: Chocolate Pattie Boutique Jun 21 chocolatepattie 1
News Best Restaurants to Take a Date to in Rockford,... (Aug '10) Jun 18 Shazbotbaru 3
Hannah Montana Email!!!!!!! (Nov '07) Jun 5 Fadumo 1,207
News Latest data shows Rockford's population continu... Jun 5 Shazbotbaru 2
winnebago county police at it again! (Nov '12) Jun 4 Saywhat 3
More from around the web

Rockford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Rockford Mortgages