Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments (Page 1,802)

Showing posts 36,021 - 36,040 of47,075
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“"Not all who wander are lost."”

Since: Mar 10

freshroast666@gmail.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is some more;
At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
Ss couples are a defective failure of mating behavior. Clearly not equal to marriage.
still regurgitating the same nonsense, I see. You do seem to have made this your life's purpose. What happened in your life that robbed you of your empathy? Tell me why anything you continue to spew should be a basis for civil law. What is it about same-sex marriage that keeps you so focused on your futile crusade? Maybe you should try to get yourself elected to public service so you can actually make the changes you want to make. Of course, finding a location where a majority of the voting constituency will be in step with your ideas might prove difficult...but not impossible. I have to think your best chance might be in areas where education is not a priority, like someplace in the Bible Belt.
beers

Oswego, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>Here is some more;

At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

Ss couples are a defective failure of mating behavior. Clearly not equal to marriage.
Keep up the good fight.They will one day truly see.

freshroast666@gmail.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

beers wrote:
<quoted text>
How will you know when they "truly see"? What are you fighting to achieve?
beers

Oswego, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

MirthMenace wrote:
<quoted text>How will you know when they "truly see"? What are you fighting to achieve?
Not fighting, just living. What are you denying?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Not Yet Equal wrote:
Poetry and prejudice aside, marriage remains a fundamental right of the individual.
Attach whatever extra meaning you choose to your own marriage. Others will do the same.
The law recognizes marriage remains a fundamental right of the individual, even when procreation and sex are impossible. Gender is not a valid legal restriction.
Sarcastically labeling a list of distinctions as 'poetry' and slandering it's content as prejudice is not a reasoned argument.

Nor is calling completely normal aspects of marriage 'extra'.

Censoring marriage to a manipulation of law is obviously the tactic of a rat to gain access through a sewer pipe.

In the end, absolutely nothing you said changes the distinctions I listed one iota. Not one.

Even with your fraudulent abuse of the law, the simple, obvious common sense factors I note disrupt and destroy your fantasy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is some more;
MirthMenace wrote:
<quoted text>still regurgitating the same nonsense, I see. You do seem to have made this your life's purpose. What happened in your life that robbed you of your empathy? Tell me why anything you continue to spew should be a basis for civil law. What is it about same-sex marriage that keeps you so focused on your futile crusade? Maybe you should try to get yourself elected to public service so you can actually make the changes you want to make. Of course, finding a location where a majority of the voting constituency will be in step with your ideas might prove difficult...but not impossible. I have to think your best chance might be in areas where education is not a priority, like someplace in the Bible Belt.
You have yet to prove one point of the statement as nonsense.

Instead, you make a silly foolish attempt to label science as 'religion'. And evolution at that!

The reality? YOU are denying not religion, but science to excuse a clearly counterfeit relationship.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

beers wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, I appreciate that.

Their problem is they do see, they just demand we deny it with them.
daly

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, I appreciate that.
I oppose gays.
usickfuxks

Mount Vernon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Aids = Another Infected Dixk Sucker.lol
beers

Oswego, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you, I appreciate that.

For I know this, that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock. Also from among yourselves men will rise up, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after themselves. Therefore watch, and remember that for three years I did not cease to warn everyone night and day with tears.(Acts 20:29-31 NKJV)
Dude McGhee

Manhattan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

beers wrote:
<quoted text>
For I know this, that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock. Also from among yourselves men will rise up, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after themselves. Therefore watch, and remember that for three years I did not cease to warn everyone night and day with tears.(Acts 20:29-31 NKJV)
so are you the giver or givee? I like both, my butt hole is lubed right now, but I also don't mind sliding into a mans stinky hole.

freshroast666@gmail.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is some more;
<quoted text>
You have yet to prove one point of the statement as nonsense.
Instead, you make a silly foolish attempt to label science as 'religion'. And evolution at that!
The reality? YOU are denying not religion, but science to excuse a clearly counterfeit relationship.
And you have yet to prove any of your claims are not nonsense. But all that aside, try answering my questions instead of inventing new talking points. Where did I "make a silly foolish attempt to label science as 'religion'. And evolution at that!"? What the hell is a counterfeit relationship?

freshroast666@gmail.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

beers wrote:
<quoted text>
Perfect. He cites the Bible to make his point. The Bible is a load of sh!t and should be regarded with the same level of gravity one would ascribe to Mother Goose. Using your Bible is probably not going to be a sound strategy for being taken seriously by those you want to convince.
beers

Oswego, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

MirthMenace wrote:
<quoted text>Perfect. He cites the Bible to make his point. The Bible is a load of sh!t and should be regarded with the same level of gravity one would ascribe to Mother Goose. Using your Bible is probably not going to be a sound strategy for being taken seriously by
those you want to convince.
Those deceived by worthless things lose their chance for mercy.(Jonah 2:8 CEB)

Proud and haughty scorner is his name, who dealeth in proud wrath.(Proverbs 21:24 KJV)

“'It's A Brave New World"”

Since: Sep 11

Carmel California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

beers wrote:
<quoted text>
Those deceived by worthless things lose their chance for mercy.(Jonah 2:8 CEB)
Proud and haughty scorner is his name, who dealeth in proud wrath.(Proverbs 21:24 KJV)
Fact,King James was gay! We live in a secular nation and not a theocracy! Now go into the church of your choice,shut and lock the doors and preach to the choir,those of us who believe differently than you don't want to hear it and that is our right! Constitution trumps bible in this great nation and I thank Zeus for that! "Judge NOT lest ye be judged"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

MirthMenace wrote:
<quoted text>Perfect. He cites the Bible to make his point. The Bible is a load of sh!t and should be regarded with the same level of gravity one would ascribe to Mother Goose. Using your Bible is probably not going to be a sound strategy for being taken seriously by those you want to convince.
Exodus 33:18-23 (NASB)
18 Then Moses said, "I pray You, show me Your glory!"
19 And He said, "I Myself will make all My goodness pass before you, and will proclaim the name of the LORD before you; and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show compassion on whom I will show compassion."
20 But He said, "You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!"
21 Then the LORD said, "Behold, there is a place by Me, and you shall stand there on the rock;
22 and it will come about, while My glory is passing by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with My hand until I have passed by.
23 "Then I will take My hand away and you shall see My back, but My face shall not be seen."

Note;
-Seeing God was a life-threatening danger.
-God used three forms of protection for the radiation;
Behind a rock
Shielded with His hand
Only allowed a partial view (back)

Exodus 34:29-35 (NASB)
29 It came about when Moses was coming down from Mount Sinai (and the two tablets of the testimony were in Moses' hand as he was coming down from the mountain), that Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone because of his speaking with Him.
30 So when Aaron and all the sons of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone, and they were afraid to come near him.
31 Then Moses called to them, and Aaron and all the rulers in the congregation returned to him; and Moses spoke to them.
32 Afterward all the sons of Israel came near, and he commanded them to do everything that the LORD had spoken to him on Mount Sinai.
33 When Moses had finished speaking with them, he put a veil over his face.
34 But whenever Moses went in before the LORD to speak with Him, he would take off the veil until he came out; and whenever he came out and spoke to the sons of Israel what he had been commanded,
35 the sons of Israel would see the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses' face shone. So Moses would replace the veil over his face until he went in to speak with Him.

Note; The effect of radiation.

Please explain how a accurate description of radiation's danger, affect and protection appeared in a story about a Alien visiting humans in a fiction book written by numerous authors, distorted by time and translation occurred.

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

MirthMenace wrote:
<quoted text>And you have yet to prove any of your claims are not nonsense. But all that aside, try answering my questions instead of inventing new talking points. Where did I "make a silly foolish attempt to label science as 'religion'. And evolution at that!"? What the hell is a counterfeit relationship?
I made well known statement of evolutionary science that you cannot rebut. Nothing about religion. Yet you labeled by response as religious based.

Calling a mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half 'marriage' is a counterfeit relationship, and an extremely poor one at that.
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

AGENDACUT: When 2 (or more) agendists get into some heavy scissor action and end up cutting themselves.

AGENDAID: fixes the above injury
beers

Oswego, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

Been There Did That wrote:
<quoted text>Fact,King James was gay! We live in a secular nation and not a theocracy! Now go into the church of your choice,shut and lock the doors and preach to the choir,those of us who believe differently than you don't want to hear it and that is our right! Constitution trumps bible in this great nation and I thank Zeus for that! "Judge NOT lest ye be judged"
http://www.chick.com/reading/books/158/158_03...
Nothing trumps the bible. And you forgot the rest
Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye. Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you. Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:(Matthew 7:5-7 KJV)

“'It's A Brave New World"”

Since: Sep 11

Carmel California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

beers wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.chick.com/reading/books/158/158_03...
Nothing trumps the bible. And you forgot the rest
Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye. Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you. Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:(Matthew 7:5-7 KJV)
So says the brain washed sheeple! Next thing you'll be trying to tell us the planet is only 6,000 years old like the bible states! LoL,Again so sorry to inform you,but the Constitution does in fact trump your bible in this nation which is in fact a secular country! I know,you go and try to teach Christianity in the public schools and let us know what happens! More proof that you're full of it! So again bible thumping hate boy you are wrong,wrong,wrong and my GOD Zeus says so! Now get inside that church,lock the doors and preach to the choir,you are off topic and you need to go to a religious thread and babble all you want! So very glad that I could help you out!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 36,021 - 36,040 of47,075
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rockford Discussions

Search the Rockford Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 2 hr jimtownhounddogsniffing 6,538
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 4 hr jimtownhounddogsniffing 3,784
Hannah Montana Email!!!!!!! (Nov '07) 8 hr Ashley 1,197
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) Sat Be kuel 505
Tiger in River Grove (Aug '08) Sat diana 17
Catholic Charities refuses to place children wi... (Jun '11) Apr 17 nOgOd 461
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) Apr 16 Be kuel 1,808
•••
•••
•••
•••

Rockford Jobs

•••
•••