Making Inmates Pay for Their Meals Co...

Making Inmates Pay for Their Meals Could Save Winn. Co. $1 Million

There are 1 comment on the WIFR story from Nov 10, 2011, titled Making Inmates Pay for Their Meals Could Save Winn. Co. $1 Million. In it, WIFR reports that:

ROCKFORD -- The Winnebago County Jail averaged a thousand inmates per day in October-which is the highest number in history.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WIFR.

NurseGloria

Roscoe, IL

#1 Nov 14, 2011
Most of the people who are in jail are there because they can't pay the bond which is often less than $200.00 dollars.

The county is already starving people in jail, yet Swanson Service Corp. makes a profit on the inmates through the commissary. Then the county gets 1/3 of what Swanson makes.

That is why I believe the county starves inmates. Any inmate that has friends or family that will put money in their accounts at the jail will beg their families and friends for the money.

Also, the jail keeps the temperature low, doesn't provide socks or shirts, and doesn't allow families to take socks or shirts to the jail. That way, inmates will want to buy a pair of socks and a shirt from the commissary in order to keep warm.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rockford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike Webb (Dec '13) Jun 17 dang 5
witch beulah (Dec '10) Jun 7 Johnathan 28
Donald Trump for President (Nov '16) Jun 3 Leah 5
Attorney Mary Gaziano. May 31 Confused1 1
Roscoe Police cars should read "To harass & To ... (Sep '09) May '17 Michael Pann 14
Judge Lisa Fabiano May '17 Curious657 1
River Grove Library (Feb '11) May '17 Bill 69

Rockford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rockford Mortgages