Ocean Blue Tanning

Chadwick, IL

#1 Aug 4, 2009
When Ocean Blue first opened and even up until this year, it was the place to go. Now bulbs are either out or going out in every bed I've been in. Neither my sister or myself got anything out of going there. Maybe a slight difference in color but nothing for what you pay for the package and the lotion. There has been a bulb in a face tanner out for at least 2 months but eveytime you ask them if it is fixed, they say yes. Once your in there, usually you don't want to get dressed to go tell them, AGAIN, the the bulb is still out. They always say they just replaced it but you know it isn't true. What happened to this place? He wonders why he has been losing his customer...well, this is probably one of the reasons. Another is probably the manager. She is NOT friendly at ALL!!
FunnyMan

Madison, WI

#2 Aug 5, 2009
go to Bermuda Tan....they are the friendliest and cleanest place in Rockford.
Out of Towner

Rockford, IL

#3 Aug 16, 2009
Where is Bermuda Tan? How are their beds?
FunnyMan

Madison, WI

#4 Sep 22, 2009
Bermuda is on the corner of 20th and Harrison. Kinda run down area, but their place is exceptionally well kept. Their beds are great. It may take a bit longer than most places in town to get solid color, but you'll get a more even color overall at Bermuda.
Anonymous

Rockford, IL

#5 Feb 4, 2011
I just recently started going to Ocean Blue. I think it is clean and a nice place. The girls that work in there are nice. There is one that is kinda clueless on sales because she told me all the beds were the same size but they aren't. Other than that everyone was very friendly including the mananger. The bulbs work in every bed that I have been in and since I just started going again after not going for a year in a half since I was pregnant, I was extremely pale. I do not tan easily and after two tans in the smallest bed I had a noticeable tan. The packages are very reasonable too. $10 for 3 sessions in the Premier bed. Awesome price and for the lady that said they lotion was expensive. If you want good lotion, its all expensive unless you go to a place online like the tanning lotion warehouse.
Rocksy

Moline, IL

#6 Mar 15, 2011
I heard a coke head owns Ocean Blue.......and watch for the small little ceiling cameras...oh and the bimbos that work their talk about everyone as they exit the place...happy tanning!
New to Rockford tanner

Rockford, IL

#7 May 11, 2011
I went there and I thought the girls were rude. They talked to each other instead of waiting on me and one had a child with her behind the desk (hello get a babysitter when you go to work like everyone else). 2 bulbs were brunt out in my bed After my only 8 minutes that they allow on first tan, I asked them about it and she was like that is not normal but they can burn out at any time. She also said if I would have came out and told them they would have put me in a diff bed but being that I did my whole tan, they couldn't do anything. Why didn't she tell me that. Keep driving past this place! As a high level professional in town, I expect way more than this place has to offer with those katty girls!

Moline, IL

#8 Jan 6, 2012
See. Even after two years, nothing has changed. The people are still rude, talk about their customers, clueless, and the bulbs are still out, just went out I might add. You don't know the bulbs are out until you get undressed and turn the bed on but yet she tell New to Rockford tanner that if she had gotten dressed again and told them, they would have changed her bed, but since she didn't, too bad so sad. There are too many tanning salons out there to treat your customers this way.
Go tan

Sycamore, IL

#9 Jan 8, 2012
Thats why I bought my own private an no bulbs burnt out eBay. I got a 16,000 professional bed for 4000$
Regular tanner

Belvidere, IL

#10 Apr 7, 2012
I think OB has gone downhill. It used to be so clean but not so much anymore. My biggest complaint is the DOORS! They have slats and they are all BOWING so if someone wanted to, they could just look right in at you!! NOT PRIVATE! I mentioned this to the girl and she acted like she had no idea what I was talking about. Wow.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rockford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
landlords name over 8355 o'connor drive river g... Sat Cheetos1146 1
Panhandlers & Crackheads (Dec '07) May 15 mofo 13
sex now (Feb '16) May 15 mofo 7
Seeking and fwb (Mar '15) May 13 Freeloaders are n... 2
Review: Chocolate Pattie Boutique (Jun '15) May 13 Freeloaders are n... 2
Rockford Is For Losers It Is Where They End Up (Jul '15) May 13 Freeloaders are n... 4
Prophet came to town. May 13 Freeloaders are n... 7

Rockford Jobs

Personal Finance

Rockford Mortgages