Illinois, Catholic Agencies At Odds Over Gay Adoptions

Jul 5, 2011 Full story: WBEZ-FM Chicago

Nancy Matthews and Lisa Frohman traveled out of state to adopt their son, Eli . They say the new Illinois civil union law will make it easier for gay and lesbian couples who don't want to hide their sexuality as they try to adopt.

Full Story
nOgOd

Rockford, IL

#1 Jul 5, 2011
The plain and simple truth is, the Catholic Church needs to get as far away from children as possible.
They should have never been associated with children or the state. The Catholic Church can never be trusted because of its wretched and vile history.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frank Stanton

New York, NY

#2 Jul 5, 2011
nOgOd wrote:
The plain and simple truth is, the Catholic Church needs to get as far away from children as possible.
They should have never been associated with children or the state. The Catholic Church can never be trusted because of its wretched and vile history.
I agree with you.

Are you aware that the Roman Catholic Church was still using slave labor as late as the 1990's in Ireland ?

How can ANYBODY want to be associated with the Roman Catholic Church ?!

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
nOgOd

Rockford, IL

#3 Jul 5, 2011
Any other agency or social group would be banned, shamed, held accountable and stricken from the history books had they committed the atrocities the Catholic Church has. Show me another entity that molests children and instead of going to prison, the molesters are quietly put on administrative leave.
Show me another entity that ran bloody scourges through Europe in the name of their god, and now hosts Bingo on Wednesday nights. Hey, bring the kiddies!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jun 09

DeKalb, IL

#4 Jul 6, 2011
In reality Catholic Charities continues to be a stellar social service agency, and was an efficient and one of the most effective adoption components within the State's system. The Lutheran Social Services were second.

The ideas of adoption and child protective services were initially a church function back in the day. The government became involved in the latter part of the last century.

In Illinois the various Dioceses will continue foster care and court services. A way to manage all of this better would be to treat children with respect and dignity.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rockford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Catholic Charities refuses to place children wi... (Jun '11) 35 min nOgOd 982
Too Many Gambling Machines? (Mar '14) Thu bennymutt 2
Szeszol named River Grove Library trustee (Mar '10) Thu Deep Throat 842
Simon Peter Nelson - 1978 Murders - Up for Paro... (May '08) Wed Brent 81
Hannah Montana Email!!!!!!! (Nov '07) Oct 21 zah123 1,204
Ray Bernero Oct 21 concered 5
Coyote in Dalhquist Park Oct 19 DtotheT 1
Rockford Dating
Find my Match

Rockford Jobs