Apria Healthcare eliminating 90 Rockf...

Apria Healthcare eliminating 90 Rockford-area jobs

There are 23 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Apr 15, 2009, titled Apria Healthcare eliminating 90 Rockford-area jobs. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Apria Healthcare Group Inc. says it will eliminate 90 jobs at a suburban Rockford billing office as part of an effort to offset federal cuts in Medicare reimbursement rates.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
A Non Ymous

Lafayette, IN

#1 Apr 16, 2009
I happen to know for sure that the jobs aren't relocating within the US. All billing and collections will be moved to India. Apria just wants to keep it hush, hush to try and smooth over relationships with doctors and referrals. It happened nationwide, not just in Rockford either.

Also, in order to get severance packages for long term workers, they have to work until September to be eligible for any severance. Now until September is there transition and training time for the India branches/companies to utilize.
Ma Snores

United States

#2 Jun 4, 2009
A Non Ymous wrote:
I happen to know for sure that the jobs aren't relocating within the US. All billing and collections will be moved to India. Apria just wants to keep it hush, hush to try and smooth over relationships with doctors and referrals. It happened nationwide, not just in Rockford either.
Also, in order to get severance packages for long term workers, they have to work until September to be eligible for any severance. Now until September is there transition and training time for the India branches/companies to utilize.
Apria sent phone message last week that phone calls regarding service will replace human personnel calling. Message said we would be asked a couple of questions by phone message. Now billing going to India? Checked my primary insurance claims & found Apria billing insurance company each month. For What? As soon as I have the time, I'm taking my CPAP machine back. I will buy my own. If I need equipment, I'll buy it. It will cost extra, but be much less stressful & I'll not have to deal with Apria personnel, recordings or smart cards. Drs. referr patients to Apria because Drs. do not take the time to learn about other companies. Apria does their public relations work.
Employee MPBC

Rockford, IL

#3 Jun 8, 2009
Ma Snores wrote:
<quoted text>
Apria sent phone message last week that phone calls regarding service will replace human personnel calling. Message said we would be asked a couple of questions by phone message. Now billing going to India? Checked my primary insurance claims & found Apria billing insurance company each month. For What? As soon as I have the time, I'm taking my CPAP machine back. I will buy my own. If I need equipment, I'll buy it. It will cost extra, but be much less stressful & I'll not have to deal with Apria personnel, recordings or smart cards. Drs. referr patients to Apria because Drs. do not take the time to learn about other companies. Apria does their public relations work.
That's great. Where do you plan on purchasing the supplies for your CPAP? The Smartcards are required by insurance companies, particularly Illinois Medicaid, to verify that the patient is actually using their machine before paying for it.
Employee MPBC

Rockford, IL

#4 Jun 8, 2009
A Non Ymous wrote:
Actually, the transition is taking place in 4 phases over the next several months, with the projected end date for the last group sometime this winter. The medical billers received their notice May 22 and they are expected to be dismissed sometime in July or August, depending on how smooth the transition is. And the folks at Intelenet of India will not have direct contact with the doctors offices, besides sending initial scripts.
lost in translation

Costa Mesa, CA

#5 Jul 21, 2009
And all of you think this is good that are putting up these message replys, I happen to work for Apria currently and see all the changes they are making. I am looking for a way out right now, I cannot support a company who sends all of our jobs overseas, someone should really stop this madness. This company has gone way down hill!! And to the guy that will need to buy supplies for his cpap machine go online you can buy direct from the manufaturers, even ebay has them...FYI.
Not All

Cincinnati, OH

#6 Feb 18, 2010
Venture capitalists stripping American jobs and sending them to India Apria should be the poster child for job losses to another country Blackstone SUCKS
Apria Billing Rep

Kansas City, MO

#8 Apr 11, 2010
I totally agree that Apria is getting away with this. Or are they? Someone {according to the President} wants healthcare reform. Read the plan congress voted on. It is in there 32 million claims will now be done in India. It is just not Apria. And yes it sucks. Last week we were told to get the claims out not send them back to India to do. Sounds like we need the money. We at Apria that are still employed for now are refusing to give them info. It is being done quietly so will see. Blackstone does suck. BUT WHY ARE YOU ALL NOT REPORTING THIS TO THE GOVERMENT ? There is a place where you can report moving jobs over seas. And then this great goverment we have here in United States home of the free, will fine them. Good luck to all of us at Apria we all are just trying to hang on. God Bless!
lost in translation

Costa Mesa, CA

#9 Apr 12, 2010
Apria Billign Rep, where do we report this criminal activity to the government?
A senior moment

Lemont, IL

#10 Apr 12, 2010
I'm a member of 3 seniors groups and I'll tell you we are appalled that ANY company would outsource overseas in this economy. We need those jobs here for our people! We're going to drop as a provider and go local. Apria has competitors in our areas and they do not outsource. I couldn't have service call with this company because when they came, I'd be thinking the laid-off employees. We're not going to support Indians, if Apria kicks the Indians out and move the jobs over here again then we might reconsider. Additionally, we are not fond of having our personal info plopped down in the most dangerous area in the world.
Apria employee

Costa Mesa, CA

#11 Apr 14, 2010
I hope you do not stop doing business with Apria.This will only let more of us lose our jobs. Please call your local branch manager and speak to them and let them know. Tell them you know the company is out sourcing to India. Blackstone which purchased Apria a few years ago is the owner. Again all customers need to be calling into branch managers and let them know you will take your business elsewhere if they continue. Website to report I am not sure check goverment sites, I have heard of the also.
A senior moment

Lemont, IL

#12 Apr 21, 2010
Honey,Blackstone is a corporate raider and a particularly nasty one. The M.O of these groups for any corporate raid begins with loading the acquired company (in your case this is Apria) up with debt by forcing them to take big loans in order to finance their own acquisition and later "management fees". Next they slash the payroll dramatically and usually outsources to India. Blackstone then strips the acquired company of all its resources both human and financial and then they get out of dodge just before those loan payment come due. At this point most acquired companies will go under. For reasons passing all understanding, this is legal however unethical to be sure. Fate will catch up someday to these raiders. Apria Corporate should never have gotten involved with this raider. It's unfortunate that they did not for everyone's sake.
A senior moment

Lemont, IL

#13 Apr 26, 2010
Well bless my soul, right on the front page of the Indianapolis Star was an investigation report regarding how outsourcing deplete Indiana's tax revenue. The report names the offending companies and Apria made the list! Our state has a high unemployment percentage and falling tax revenues. The Star must have smelled a rat, and opened a investigation into this less than respectable business model. Kudos to the Star.
sickandtired

Newburyport, MA

#14 Apr 26, 2010
can you post the link for that story in the star....i can't find it.
Apria employee

Costa Mesa, CA

#15 Apr 30, 2010
I also can not find this article. Help please, would love to read this......
A senior moment

Lemont, IL

#16 Apr 30, 2010
I'll try to post the Star article this weekend. I'm old and nor swift on the computer. I'll get it posted as soon as I can
A senior moment

Lemont, IL

#17 May 1, 2010
I tried to link the article but could not. However if you google Indianapolis Star and then choose the business link for 4-27-10. It will pop right up Its a long article but well worth the read. The title of the article is Hot New Exports: Indiana Jobs.
apria indian agent

Thane, India

#18 Nov 16, 2010
I tried to access the article its dated 04/25/2010 but is a paid document.
I work for Intelenet global services and we have a B2B Apria process with a 1200 strong workforce in Mumbai. Blackstone does suck btw.
A senior moment

Indianapolis, IN

#19 Nov 16, 2010
Since the article gave the names of several companies that have outsourced during the economy collaspe the article was taken of the Indianapolis Star web site. I suspect it embarressed the CEO of these companies because if a company is caught outsourcing now, it's considered a traitorist company and customers flee and these companies that outsource know it and try to hide it but the truth always gets out. In the seniors groups I'm in we will not use Apria for any reason. It's been over a year since I saw an Apria truck on the road and I live in a capital city
sickandtired

Newburyport, MA

#20 Nov 22, 2010
the world war II people hate the outsourcing of jobs to india.....and most of apria's patients are elderly.....i hear there is a growing movement to not use apria because of this outsourcing.....
A senior moment

Indianapolis, IN

#21 Nov 23, 2010
Yep, that's what is going on. No seniors want to get some Indian on the phone whose English cannot be understood and can only read off a script. Nor do we want to have them filing our claims, after all, we're seniors and we don't have enough time left to wait for some Indian to get it right. I'm in some groups that are sending things back stating they won't use outsourced services if it can be helped. Apria has several competitors in our area and it's much easier to go thru them instead. They've got the customer service edge now.
Companies caught outsourcing now since the falling of our economy face fleeing customers. It's an issue of patriotism as far as we can see it. I haven't seen an Apria truck for a year and I live in a capital city.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rockford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fact or fiction? (Jun '07) Dec 12 newbe 4
Rolling Green neighborhood (Jan '16) Dec 12 newbe 5
I Love Rockford (Dec '16) Dec 12 newbe 9
Judge Lisa Fabiano (May '17) Dec 12 newbe 2
UFO sighting on Spring Feild Road by lowe Distr... Dec 12 newbe 1
Strange whistling noise near 23r ave and parmel... Dec 12 newbe 2
Panhandlers & Crackheads (Dec '07) Dec 12 newbe 9

Rockford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance