If giving a dog for Christmas, avoid ...

If giving a dog for Christmas, avoid pet stores with puppy mill dogs

There are 2 comments on the Examiner.com story from Dec 4, 2011, titled If giving a dog for Christmas, avoid pet stores with puppy mill dogs. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

This is information for you in follow-up to my previous article on giving a pet for Christmas -- http://www.examiner.com/chihuahua-in-rockford/reasons-not-to-give-a-live-pet-as-a-christmas-gift-during-the-holiday-season . In reality we are not living the life of "Lady and the Tramp" which has touched all of our lives.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

R U Kidding

Stillman Valley, IL

#1 Dec 4, 2011
Dogs should NOT be given as gifts, period. Pet ownership requires a life change that should not be imposed on someone in the form of a gift. If that is acceptable, I would like to give someone a couple college aged children as a "gift". they are house broken and only require tuition, room, and board fees, plus some allowance every once in a while.

“Animal Testing Saves Lives”

Since: Apr 11

And Saving Lives is Good

#2 Dec 4, 2011
R U Kidding wrote:
Dogs should NOT be given as gifts, period. Pet ownership requires a life change that should not be imposed on someone in the form of a gift. If that is acceptable, I would like to give someone a couple college aged children as a "gift". they are house broken and only require tuition, room, and board fees, plus some allowance every once in a while.
Wow. I wish you cared more about your kids. Comparing them to pets? Unbelievable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rockford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hannah Montana Email!!!!!!! (Nov '07) Thu Fadumo From Canada 1,214
witch beulah (Dec '10) Jan 18 Amy briggs 31
Fast Food (May '16) Jan 11 Bad 2
Judge Lisa Fabiano (May '17) Jan 11 Bad 3
News Fact or fiction? (Jun '07) Jan 8 Sam 5
Roscoe Harlem Fire Department vs Roscoe Police ... Dec '17 Underappreciated 1
Rolling Green neighborhood (Jan '16) Dec '17 newbe 5

Rockford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance