Ava, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2008

Judged:

Hello all; I personally do not care who is whom on this site. But I am so saddended by the constant barrage of negative posts and comments on here. At one point I felt we had this town beginning to move in a very positive direction. We had interet from individuals who never before took an interest. The city was given a face lift to help all to see, that we want positive change in this town, and we want to take pride in our community and citizens. BUT it is painfully clear that we have individuals here that do not want the betterment of our community. All I can say is WHY NOT???
I have nothing to say to the peoples reporter, for if she was real, she would have proven her crediantials long ago. Plus anyone who makes the comments she has made toward an ailling man, or a business women, paying an individual for a service to be performed, and the man has a very unfortunate loss of life, while doing a paid job for someone. Has absolutely no validity in my opinion. I choose not to read her comments and allow her to degrade this town and our residents any longer.
Any one who chooses to believe anything she says probably has something not so right with them too.

Fo all the rest of the members and interested persons. Do what you know is best and right. The devil can only win if we let him. We do not have to entertain her any longer. The more we do, the longer she'll hang around. So ignore her!!

Just keep on reporting the good and truthful facts on our town. Most people are smart enough to read between the lines themselves.

In closing I know Ellen Brown very well and she is truley an upstanding member of this community. She Does More For This Town Than Most Will EVER KNOW, And Daddy Carp AKA O'Dell he to has done more for this town than The Peoples reporter will ever see or admit. He and his family are upstanding and do the town a lot of good. If only the rest of the citizens would join in too. We could have a wonderful place to live without the constant barrage of negativity. So it really is up to us to make a difference. If we want to change things we can start right here. My Regards and I hope we all make a great decision about what our town needs to grow.
a citizen

Spartanburg, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2008

neighbor2u wrote:
Hello all; I personally do not care who is whom on this site. But I am so saddended by the constant barrage of negative posts and comments on here. At one point I felt we had this town beginning to move in a very positive direction. We had interet from individuals who never before took an interest. The city was given a face lift to help all to see, that we want positive change in this town, and we want to take pride in our community and citizens. BUT it is painfully clear that we have individuals here that do not want the betterment of our community. All I can say is WHY NOT???
I have nothing to say to the peoples reporter, for if she was real, she would have proven her crediantials long ago. Plus anyone who makes the comments she has made toward an ailling man, or a business women, paying an individual for a service to be performed, and the man has a very unfortunate loss of life, while doing a paid job for someone. Has absolutely no validity in my opinion. I choose not to read her comments and allow her to degrade this town and our residents any longer.
Any one who chooses to believe anything she says probably has something not so right with them too.
Fo all the rest of the members and interested persons. Do what you know is best and right. The devil can only win if we let him. We do not have to entertain her any longer. The more we do, the longer she'll hang around. So ignore her!!
Just keep on reporting the good and truthful facts on our town. Most people are smart enough to read between the lines themselves.
In closing I know Ellen Brown very well and she is truley an upstanding member of this community. She Does More For This Town Than Most Will EVER KNOW, And Daddy Carp AKA O'Dell he to has done more for this town than The Peoples reporter will ever see or admit. He and his family are upstanding and do the town a lot of good. If only the rest of the citizens would join in too. We could have a wonderful place to live without the constant barrage of negativity. So it really is up to us to make a difference. If we want to change things we can start right here. My Regards and I hope we all make a great decision about what our town needs to grow.
yeah yeah like a broken record.Your town looks like some deolate place in a desert..its depressing to even drive thru it ...you must be some relation to whom yoo speak of lol

Since: Jul 08

Rockaway Beach, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2008

unbelievable!!!there has to be a negative comment to someone that is trying to stop the negative comments! evidently all someone has to do is say something good or positive about our town and someone else cant wait to jump in and ruin it!!! no wonder we cant grow!!

Since: Mar 08

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2008

Howdy, Neighbor!

Your thoughts are right on target! How about helping to keep us informed of any up and coming positive activities in the town. I sure to try to do as best as I can with my reporting but with full time career obligations, I can't be everywhere!

Don't get discouraged, Cindy, Jesus Christ himself had to put up with taunting and naysayers...it has always been the plight of the righteous.(Not to be confused with self-righteous, those are two completely different things).

Hey, for the record...I killed the story I wrote on the garage sale since it was outdated. Plus I wanted to see just how difficult or easy it is to kill a story once it is written. Anyway, I heard that over 50 kids got much needed school supplies from the local church AND they also gave away free haircuts.

I for one think that's pretty wonderful! The best way for this town to grow is to be a good influence on the kids and families that live here and the surrounding towns. People need positive things to hang on to...let's face it, the world has a way of getting people down. Maybe once folks realize they can hang on to each other and lift each other up, those that continually try to pull folks down into the muck and mire will give up. I know that's pretty idealistic, but I also believe it can happen.

Well, folks...have a great night!

Rockaway Beach, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2008

why doesnt rockaway do more advertising on the history of this town? it is so interesting and colorful. if i didnt live here and heard that al capone and other gangsters and charactors stayed here, i would want to come check it out just to experiance being in the same place they were at but in a different era. why not have old and new put together? this town is full of interesting stories and history and very few people probably even know it! if more knew, they would probably come. have side walk cafes with gangster and roaring twenties themes or something in that vain so that it would be differnt from other places. we have a unique history that very few other places can claim, and we are doing nothing with it.
anonymous

Victoria, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2008

yes, keep up the good work and the good word. I am in your town several times a month. I have found people to be very helpful and kind. I love it there. Just keep the faith. Evil is fought on more levels than the eye can see. Good must triumph. The scales of the just and the good will always balance in the end. It takes patience, and it takes people who care for their brothers and sisters. Keep the good in your hearts. Hatred can't be fought with hatred. Hatred can only be fought with truth and love. A rose and a mushroom can't grow in the same place. Keep the positive coming. Since I have to read these posts, I must say, I love to hear evidence of a united community. It gives me hope. The more a community encourages its members to use the manners we learned in kindergarten, the more we can help each other prosper. I am personally proud of you guys and how you watch out for each other. Its a breath of fresh air. Keep it up!
anonymous

Victoria, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2008

I am not a resident, but I promise, I am a friend

Since: Feb 08

Ava, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2008

anonymous wrote:
yes, keep up the good work and the good word. I am in your town several times a month. I have found people to be very helpful and kind. I love it there. Just keep the faith. Evil is fought on more levels than the eye can see. Good must triumph. The scales of the just and the good will always balance in the end. It takes patience, and it takes people who care for their brothers and sisters. Keep the good in your hearts. Hatred can't be fought with hatred. Hatred can only be fought with truth and love. A rose and a mushroom can't grow in the same place. Keep the positive coming. Since I have to read these posts, I must say, I love to hear evidence of a united community. It gives me hope. The more a community encourages its members to use the manners we learned in kindergarten, the more we can help each other prosper. I am personally proud of you guys and how you watch out for each other. Its a breath of fresh air. Keep it up!
It only takes one to make a real difference. And I try to make sure that I am one who will do the right thing for all, not just myself. I am human and I do make mistakes, Just like anyone else. But to err is human. So lets all unite and make this a great place for all to visit, and or live.. And yes we have a lot of History here. President Truman stayed here also. He was a good guy. Al Capone wasn't, but his legacy is intriguing to some. But because he came here (if in fact he really did)that doesn't necessiarlly mean Rockaway Beach was a bad place.
But we can see how the problems were are facing with the negativity can actually be used to our advantage. But you will have to join in our quest for the facts and not the hearsay.

We want positive change not evil influences. But if we engage in evilness we will always be considered the evil of the area, and no good can come of that. So if you are interested in Al Capone, or President Trumans' historical ventures, or anything else that is factual then lets unite and find the answers together. What a wonderful thing that would be to see everyone unite and stop backstabbing each other. Talk about being idealistic.

Since: Feb 08

Ava, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2008

CINDY M1 wrote:
why doesnt rockaway do more advertising on the history of this town? it is so interesting and colorful. if i didnt live here and heard that al capone and other gangsters and charactors stayed here, i would want to come check it out just to experiance being in the same place they were at but in a different era. why not have old and new put together? this town is full of interesting stories and history and very few people probably even know it! if more knew, they would probably come. have side walk cafes with gangster and roaring twenties themes or something in that vain so that it would be differnt from other places. we have a unique history that very few other places can claim, and we are doing nothing with it.
Hi Cindy It is because most people are so busy attacking, and plotting their next attack on others, that they really do not have the necessary time to properly research The information. It has become very apparent to me where the real problems lie in our town and until they are addressed we will never be able to truley overcome thw obstacles this town faces.
littleg

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2008

I do not live here,but am coming in a few weeks for somer&r and fishing.I agree that when I first heard so bad comments I started to wonder if I made the right choice.But ,this being a small town and the good things I have heard,I will still be there in a couple of weeks.I know I will have a good time and enjoy your town.

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2008

littleg wrote:
I do not live here,but am coming in a few weeks for somer&r and fishing.I agree that when I first heard so bad comments I started to wonder if I made the right choice.But ,this being a small town and the good things I have heard,I will still be there in a couple of weeks.I know I will have a good time and enjoy your town.
Take alot of what you read here with a grain of salt. My family and I come up several times a year and truly still love it. The last couple of years, the town has really spruced up and is a great place to come to relax and fish. If you have not made reservations yet, I would HIGHLY recommend Rainbow Haven. Great accomodations right on the water. I am quite sure you will enjoy your stay.

Since: Aug 07

Taney County, Mo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2008

Wow, I think there has been a lot of headway made lately on the posts. I would personally like to thank all who have helped turn this thing in a positive direction. A big thanks to those who have posted "positive interest" and also to the ones who chose not to ridicule but rather present any disagreements properly or "agree-to-disagree. It does appear, and all talk so far, is that this town is enjoying one of it's better seasons, times, pleased tourists and a happier community. Lets keep it rolling in that direction. One big "on-going" attraction has been our FARMER'S MARKET AND CRAFTS EVENT! Be sure to attend on Saturdays and pass the word to all you talk to. If we keep the shoppers coming, then more vendors will participate and we will have much more to choose from without driving 20 mi. on $4/gal. gas. "Hats off! and a Big "Well done"! God Bless you and yours........D.C.
littleg

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2008

We are staying at Duck Harbor resort.Have heard good things about both places.

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2008

littleg wrote:
We are staying at Duck Harbor resort.Have heard good things about both places.
Carl & Katie are really good people as well. They keep their cabins up and in good shape. I used to stay there until we started staying at Rainbow Haven.
eagle1117

College Station, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2008

duck harbor is ok but rainbow is owned by the mayor myself i WOULD NEVER RECOMENT IT
littleg

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2008

Why would you not recommend Rainbow?

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2008

littleg wrote:
Why would you not recommend Rainbow?
Look back at some of Eagle's previous posts. You will see this person is one of the crowd that continually gripes and complains for no other reason than to do it. He is kind of like a fruit gnat. The one's that buzz all around your fruit until you take a fly swatter to them.

Rainbow Haven is a great place to stay. Larry & Paula do a super job of keeping it up and taking care of their customers. Duck Harbor, as I stated before is also a really good place.
littleg

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2008

I thought that there was a pesonal reason for this anwers.
eagle1117

College Station, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2008

fly swater that would be painfull when you dr. removed it
rainbow uses state property to put his dumpster but none of the public can use it why because hes the graet mayor and is above the law

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2008

eagle1117 wrote:
fly swater that would be painfull when you dr. removed it
rainbow uses state property to put his dumpster but none of the public can use it why because hes the graet mayor and is above the law
Who pays for that dumpster?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Rockaway Beach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Rockaway Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Rockaway Beach News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Rockaway Beach