Why do parents always THINK they know...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
jay

San Antonio, TX

#21 Aug 25, 2013
You know I think these sites are supposed to be used by teenagers only not adult. I think the same way when I get older as an adult I don't want my kids living with me forever. I will only let them live with me if there still going to school like college. If there not going to college they could get a job and get the f*** out of my house. But that's not what I want say. I think that parents these day think that there the s***. Yea you may pay the bills and all, but its not f***** hard to go to work. I worked for free was I crying NO!! I was happy its way easy then going to school. s*** its hard at school im not complaining im smart, but s*** it gets tiring its not like back then where you just get a grade every time and then graduate. Hell no they make you take 15 different test. Ok and I want to say one more thing if your kids are doing drugs or heaving babies that's your f***** fault you didn't raise your kids right. You know my sisters have kids at an early age and my brother does drugs you know where they learned it from the parents I don't do it because I don't learn from my parents I teach myself. Thank you for reading.
ooops

Pineville, WV

#22 Aug 25, 2013
everyone makes mistakes! I don't think its a good idea posting how annoying your kids are on fb! Be a parent and do something fb isn't gonna help you sweetie.

FDG

“Have facts, will travel!”

Since: Feb 08

The Big Town!

#23 Aug 26, 2013
Nunyabiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and if you're an atheist, then how about this: there are many, many, MANY parents out there who deliberately do things that they know are NOT for their children's own good. There are parents who go out and party while their kids are home alone going without dinner for the fifth night in a row. There are kids with no toys, not even a decent pair of shoes that fit, because their parents would rather spend money on crack than their kids. And don't get me started on all the parents who force their kids to help them commit crimes, and parents who molest and torture their own children, or even kill them! And YOU have the gall to imply that all parents deserve honor?
What does ANY of this rant have to do with being an Atheist?

FDG

The Big Town!

#24 Aug 26, 2013
Take Pride in History wrote:
<quoted text> Not all parents deserve anything. But from a religious stand point that has been brought out in this forum, We all our suppose to honor thy mother and father. As stated above it is part of the commandments. So deserving or not, we are suppose to. Not all parents should be parents, there are some out there that should not even own a pet.
So, we are supposed to honor those who should not even own a pet?
What is wrong with this picture?

“I am just me!”

Location hidden

#25 Aug 26, 2013
FDG wrote:
<quoted text>
So, we are supposed to honor those who should not even own a pet?
What is wrong with this picture?
As I stated for those that follow the 10 Commandments yes. But as I also stated some parents I would not trust sitting a stray dog much less my child or beloved pet. So it just depends on the person on their beliefs. Does not mean that is what I believe.

“I am just me!”

Location hidden

#26 Aug 26, 2013
jay wrote:
You know I think these sites are supposed to be used by teenagers only not adult. I think the same way when I get older as an adult I don't want my kids living with me forever. I will only let them live with me if there still going to school like college. If there not going to college they could get a job and get the f*** out of my house. But that's not what I want say. I think that parents these day think that there the s***. Yea you may pay the bills and all, but its not f***** hard to go to work. I worked for free was I crying NO!! I was happy its way easy then going to school. s*** its hard at school im not complaining im smart, but s*** it gets tiring its not like back then where you just get a grade every time and then graduate. Hell no they make you take 15 different test. Ok and I want to say one more thing if your kids are doing drugs or heaving babies that's your f***** fault you didn't raise your kids right. You know my sisters have kids at an early age and my brother does drugs you know where they learned it from the parents I don't do it because I don't learn from my parents I teach myself. Thank you for reading.
I do not believe that it is entirely the parents fault when their children make mistakes. We as parents can teach right from wrong, discipline when needed. But in the end it is still the child, teenager and in some cases the adults fault. A parent can raise their children the best way humanly possible, however there are other outside influences as well. As well as the fact people do make mistakes. So you made decisions for yourself? Even after everything you seen and went through, all of the drugs and under age sex you seen growing up from your family, you turned out alright?
So if you were to reverse that role do you not think children from good upbringings could not have the same effect? For example take a child who knew nothing but love, respect, No drugs in the home or relatives. No talk of sex so forth and so on. The parents did what most people would call raising their children right. Do you not still think that they can get pregnant at a early age and become a drug addict or alcoholic? I will agree with you on one matter however. A child that sees and endures abuse in any form, or sees drug use has a much higher chance of becoming the abuser and the addict. But not all will become as they see their parents. That is why it is helpful to have good role models. Even if the role models are outside of the home and or family. And one more thing. I am not sure how old you are, But yes working and paying the bills are much harder then you may realize. Grow up, then you will see for yourself. And Guess what some of us do both, Work and go to school, as well as take care of our children.

FDG

The Big Town!

#27 Aug 27, 2013
Take Pride in History wrote:
<quoted text> As I stated for those that follow the 10 Commandments yes. But as I also stated some parents I would not trust sitting a stray dog much less my child or beloved pet. So it just depends on the person on their beliefs. Does not mean that is what I believe.
If you believe that you must honor your parents even if they aren't fit to be parents or dog sitters then it is time to reexamine those beliefs. Doing things that aren't logical is crazy.

I know these may not be your beliefs, so don't think I am accusing of holding them.

“I am just me!”

Location hidden

#28 Aug 28, 2013
FDG wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe that you must honor your parents even if they aren't fit to be parents or dog sitters then it is time to reexamine those beliefs. Doing things that aren't logical is crazy.
I know these may not be your beliefs, so don't think I am accusing of holding them.
I agree with you. I also believe that respect and honor are earned not a given right.
someonecool12345 67

Glasgow, UK

#29 Nov 13, 2013
welll this is all right but sometimes your parents can say something that hurts your feeling or they call you names so you just want to burst into tears i think some parents should listen to their kids more

“I am just me!”

Location hidden

#30 Nov 15, 2013
someonecool1234567 wrote:
welll this is all right but sometimes your parents can say something that hurts your feeling or they call you names so you just want to burst into tears i think some parents should listen to their kids more
Yes we as parents must teach our children right from wrong. And that does not mean do as I say and not as I do. Children learn by example. I could never imagine calling my child a name that would hurt their feelings. And I always listen to my children. No matter how busy I may be. I take their point of views into consideration with every decision I make that involves them. Things may not always turn out in their favor, but at least they know I listened to them and understood their point of view. I also explain myself although and my reasoning, although some parents don't think they need to or that they should. But a lot of it has to do with trust and openly listening to one another. I try to keep the communication lines open. Because you never know when one of them may be trying to get through. And if your parents have ever called you names and hurt your feelings, don't let it get to you. Be the better person and know that no matter what someone says to you or about you, It all comes down to what you do that makes the difference. For example.. I knew this young man, his mother use to beat him and call him every name in the dirty nasty book, told him he was worthless and would never amount to anything. Told him he was going to be just like his father when he grew up. And lots of times when a child hears things like this day after day they can start believing it. But instead he made his own choices, maybe to prove to his mother or to prove to himself. But he became a youth psychologist. Maybe to help children that are like he was who knows the real reason why. But my point is, no matter what someone says about another person, it still comes down to choices. If we keep our heads held high, and believe in ourselves no one not even your parents can keep you down.
1 post removed

“I am just me!”

Location hidden

#32 Nov 17, 2013
Chris wrote:
Until I was about 22 or 23 I always considered myself smarter than my parents. I had a rude awakening. I'm glad they never gave up on me. I could have ended up a gay atheist.
I hate to ask but I have to. How did your parents stop you from becoming a gay atheist? I am glad that your parents did not give up on you. There are some situations where tough love is needed,and they need to be stern and firm. Then there are times when a parent just needs to reach out and give their child a hug and tell them that everything will be alright. Reassurance, Guidance, Teaching Right From Wrong, Teaching Morals, and Confidence. Self worth and value. Teaching a child that hard work pays off, so they know to work hard to get a good job and pay their own way when they grow up. And most of all helping and teaching them to love themselves. Because if a person can not love themselves, how can they love anyone else?
2 posts removed
Junior

Charlottesville, VA

#35 Nov 19, 2013
They will continue to advise you until quit shytten your pants and asking for spending money. You should be about 25 yrs. old by then.
An unconcerned citizen

Mount Laurel, NJ

#36 Jul 17, 2014
Nunyabiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, excuse me, but who do you think you are? Judging my your snide, self-absorbed comment, you MUST be a parent. Only a parent thinks that all parents deserve honor and can do no wrong. And how the hell is the OP being immature? He/she actually has a very good point. No matter who you are or how much you know, you do not truly know what is best for your children. Only GOD knows what is best for all of His children. How dare you compare ordinary human parents to the Almighty!
Oh, and if you're an atheist, then how about this: there are many, many, MANY parents out there who deliberately do things that they know are NOT for their children's own good. There are parents who go out and party while their kids are home alone going without dinner for the fifth night in a row. There are kids with no toys, not even a decent pair of shoes that fit, because their parents would rather spend money on crack than their kids. And don't get me started on all the parents who force their kids to help them commit crimes, and parents who molest and torture their own children, or even kill them! And YOU have the gall to imply that all parents deserve honor?

First of all, why did you have to bring religion into this, it was completely unnecessary and only told me and other viewers that you are ignorant about the situation.

Second, the majority of parents do not do that, I'm aware some do though, and therefor the ones that don't do deserve respect as long as they are trying And these patents are the majority.

So just to recap: unless your parent is one of the parents do does abuse or starve their children then they do deserve your respect for trying to provide a good life- even if they don't know how to
Leeblan87

Hatfield, PA

#37 Jul 8, 2015
Awesome_Steve_Monkey wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't "honor your mother and father" one of the 10 Commandments?
Honor mean to respect
respect means a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements. a particular aspect, point, or detail.
Say nothing about listening to their every desicion. Just cause they think It'll be a good job for you or best partner for you or etc. It does not mean it is what is best for you. I have friends who are miserable of how their life is now. Due to desicions their parent told them were good. I know what you'll say you didn't have to listen to them. But when you are raised with the thought they know what's best. Or demoralize you. Make you feel worthless. Or give you ultimatums after ultimatums to live a life they what you to have. If they truly cared about you they would of wanted for you What you wanted for yourself. I am not saying the have to like it but they can't try to alter your life to their benefit.
Leeblan87

Hatfield, PA

#38 Jul 8, 2015
An unconcerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, why did you have to bring religion into this, it was completely unnecessary and only told me and other viewers that you are ignorant about the situation.
Second, the majority of parents do not do that, I'm aware some do though, and therefor the ones that don't do deserve respect as long as they are trying And these patents are the majority.
So just to recap: unless your parent is one of the parents do does abuse or starve their children then they do deserve your respect for trying to provide a good life- even if they don't know how to
respect means a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.a particular aspect, point, or detail.

Does not say you need to change yourself to benefit them.
Independent

Charleston, WV

#39 Jul 9, 2015
LOL wrote:
I think alot of parents want their children to prosper and have a good life. Most parents nowdays are still having to raise their ADULT children!! Adult children either still live on Mom & Dad, or Mom & Dad help support them in someway, even if they aren't still at home. That is why most parents DO know whats best!! I have noticed that most of the age catagory starting from mid 30's on down to 18 are still very dependant on their parents. They milk their parents dry, but then wonder as to WHY they think their parents stick their nose where it don't belong! I still have an adult child living in my home and as long as they are living under my roof, then they will abide by my household rules or they can simply get the hell out, simple as that!! If a parent treats their child as a child instead of an adult then that is because they see them as a child!! Parents can't even push grown adult children out of the nest nowdays, they are to immature and don't have the know how of surviving on their own. Not all, but the biggest majority of grown children are like this. As a parent of an adult child still living at home, it gets very damn tiresome. You raise your kids and then when they graduate you think it is time for you, but WRONG!!! Most parents are even having to raise their grandchildren now, instead of being able to enjoy them and let them go back home with supposedly that childs mom or dad! It is very hard for a parent to tell their adult child that no they cannot live with them but believe me, it does get tiresome from being used and taken for granted!! The adult children of today need to GROW THE HELL UP and take on responsibility, instead of depending on good ole Mom & Dad!! God help this world if we are to depend on todays teenagers and adult children to keep it going or to pay in taxes, because most are to lazy to even lift a spoon to it's damn mouth!! To many young, lazy, healthy 20 and 30 yr olds on SSI, I mean bullshit!! Teenage girls popping out babies one right after another with no job, no education, and no means of supporting that child and that just shows how irresponsible they are. There is no excuse for any female to get pregnant nowdays unless they plan it that way, because there is to many free birth control methods now. But who do you think will have to raise that teenagers baby, THE GRANDPARENTS of course!!! Most adult/teenage children are pillheads also, Not all, but most!! I have seen some responsible teenagers and adult children, but few and far between. So, if you feel that your parents are butting into your business or sticking their nose where it don't belong, then ask yourself some of the things I have just mentioned!!!!!
AMEN....The age group mentioned, spot on.

But it's not their fault, they believe they are special and entitled, not the suck on society they really are.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#40 Jul 14, 2015
LOL wrote:
I think alot of parents want their children to prosper and have a good life. Most parents nowdays are still having to raise their ADULT children!! Adult children either still live on Mom & Dad, or Mom & Dad help support them in someway, even if they aren't still at home. That is why most parents DO know whats best!! I have noticed that most of the age catagory starting from mid 30's on down to 18 are still very dependant on their parents. They milk their parents dry, but then wonder as to WHY they think their parents stick their nose where it don't belong! I still have an adult child living in my home and as long as they are living under my roof, then they will abide by my household rules or they can simply get the hell out, simple as that!! If a parent treats their child as a child instead of an adult then that is because they see them as a child!! Parents can't even push grown adult children out of the nest nowdays, they are to immature and don't have the know how of surviving on their own. As a parent of an adult child still living at home, it gets very damn tiresome. You raise your kids and then when they graduate you think it is time for you, but WRONG!!! Most parents are even having to raise their grandchildren now, instead of being able to enjoy them and let them go back home with supposedly that childs mom or dad! It is very hard for a parent to tell their adult child that no they cannot live with them but believe me, it does get tiresome from being used and taken for granted!! The adult children of today need to GROW THE HELL UP and take on responsibility, instead of depending on good ole Mom & Dad!! God help this world if we are to depend on todays teenagers and adult children to keep it going or to pay in taxes, because most are to lazy to even lift a spoon to it's damn mouth!! Teenage girls popping out babies one right after another with no job, no education, and no means of supporting that child and that just shows how irresponsible they are. There is no excuse for any female to get pregnant nowdays unless they plan it that way, because there is to many free birth control methods now. But who do you think will have to raise that teenagers baby, THE GRANDPARENTS of course. I have seen some responsible teenagers and adult children, but few and far between. So, if you feel that your parents are butting into your business or sticking their nose where it don't belong, then ask yourself some of the things I have just mentioned!!!!!
You are right!!! I still have one adult child in my home and am supporting the other one who is almost 30. I believe that gives me the right to lessen the stress some damned W*ORE is going to cause me before it even starts, My husband and I both have severe medical problems and I don't need anymore bullshit in my life than I already have to cope with. If they don't want me to be in their "personal business" then they need to find GAINFUL employment, even if that means working two jobs, so they can pay their own way and I will GLADLY butt out !!! While I am the one that is providing a roof over both their heads and paying all of the bills, I feel I have a right to say so if I know a female is going to bring nothing but drama and trouble. After all, I am not running a whorehouse, and I am not paying/supporting another person. NOT HAPPENING!!! So if kids want to be treated like an adult, they should act like one and find a legal way to pay their bills and support themselves. We do want what is best for our children, and if they are still depending on me for support, then apparently they are not capable of making good choices on their own just yet. I know the economy makes it more difficult for kids to become independant these days, but there are places closing the doors because they can't get anyone to work!! REALLY???? Check out the Dollar store in Beckly that closed down for that very reason just recently !!!
Most Kids

United States

#41 Jul 14, 2015
Most not all kids and young adults today are evil, disrespectful and lazy.
1 post removed
The man

Norristown, PA

#43 Saturday Apr 23
Amen wrote:
<quoted text> YES
Some children need to live with there parents as adults. They live with them cuz the advice the parents gave them as they grew up. Destroyed them. Like my parents did. I was in college. My brother died. They pounded me with guilt. Told me the wrong son died. Forced my hand had me buy the house he wanted. A month after his death. I told them I wasn't going to work. Make a long story short I lost the house. As I told them I would. But " we are older, wiser, and experienced. You know nothing this is the best thing for you" But theydidnt believe the math I continouly showed them. Now I living back with them. Oh might I add I had to quit college just to work more just to try to keep the house.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rock View Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Mar '10) 2 hr Pasquali 9,817
Word game (Jun '12) 5 hr luci 1,105
Drop a word, Add a word (Dec '10) 6 hr luci 4,509
Word Association... (Jun '12) 7 hr Isabella Fireray 2,269
Single 51 yr old man seeking friendship witha s... (Oct '13) 8 hr Man alive 41
Natural Gas keeps the lights on. Coal is finished 8 hr haha 4
Plastic flowers 11 hr Dwight 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rock View Mortgages