First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bulls Eye

Columbia, MO

#1 Apr 12, 2012
Some of the school personnel needs to wake up and start dealing with some bullying issues at school and during school activities. Some students and their parents need to be confronted with these complaints. The administration needs to step up and do their jobs and quit being afraid of parents, voters, and ruffling a few feathers. Quit acting like "your" school doesn't have negative issues once in a while,every school does. A lawsuit might get your attention. We are watching....
Bitzer

Centerview, MO

#2 Apr 12, 2012
1. Who did you speak to at the school concerning your problem?

2. What are doing to help the situation?

3. What help did you expect to get from Topix?
smalltown

Tarkio, MO

#3 Apr 12, 2012
people are getting sue crazy i swear
Bulls Eye

Columbia, MO

#4 Apr 13, 2012
Bitzer wrote:
1. Who did you speak to at the school concerning your problem?
2. What are doing to help the situation?
3. What help did you expect to get from Topix?
1.I have not spoken yet. Someone else has spoken to the Elementary Principal and school board -(limited response).2. We are gathering information, researching bullying policies, and talking to parents.#3 Topix is a medium to inform people of an issue or concern,just like facebook,twitter,letters to the editor,and other forms of communication. I think you believe you are dealing with irrational or uninformed people that you can write off as "crazy parents". let me assure you this is not the case. The lawsuit comment was not a threat, as much as a potential problem for the school, ie.com munity if this issue is not taken seriously.
factchecker

Centerview, MO

#5 Apr 13, 2012
Bulls Eye wrote:
<quoted text> 1.I have not spoken yet. Someone else has spoken to the Elementary Principal and school board -(limited response).2. We are gathering information, researching bullying policies, and talking to parents.#3 Topix is a medium to inform people of an issue or concern,just like facebook,twitter,letters to the editor,and other forms of communication. I think you believe you are dealing with irrational or uninformed people that you can write off as "crazy parents". let me assure you this is not the case. The lawsuit comment was not a threat, as much as a potential problem for the school, ie.com munity if this issue is not taken seriously.
Never let someone else do the talking for you. YOU need to talk to the principal. If you don't get satifaction, take it to the superintendent. If you still are stuck, then go to the BOE. At all times be a apart of the solution.

So far, you have told us you have personal knowledge of a child getting bullied. You haven't talked to the school or any other authorities but you read some stuff and are taking notes. At this point in time, are not part of the solution, only someone letting a child get bullied while you bitch on facebook and let other people do your work.

Go to the school, go to the police, do something besides post on the internet and read policies. HELP THE CHILD BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE
Truth Seeker

Rock Port, MO

#6 Apr 13, 2012
factchecker wrote:
<quoted text>
Never let someone else do the talking for you. YOU need to talk to the principal. If you don't get satifaction, take it to the superintendent. If you still are stuck, then go to the BOE. At all times be a apart of the solution.
So far, you have told us you have personal knowledge of a child getting bullied. You haven't talked to the school or any other authorities but you read some stuff and are taking notes. At this point in time, are not part of the solution, only someone letting a child get bullied while you bitch on facebook and let other people do your work.
Go to the school, go to the police, do something besides post on the internet and read policies. HELP THE CHILD BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE
The parent of the child getting bullied contacted the school. I was asked to support the situation. If it was my child that was involved I assure you I would be fully involved.Don't worry about me, I do my job as a parent and I don't need anyone to do my work for me. If I decide it is necessary to go to the BOA, I want all the facts, that's what intelligent people do.......
ProblemSolver

Rock Port, MO

#7 Apr 18, 2012
From what I am hearing on the issue, I believe that the parents have taken the necessary steps and now are to the board. The board needs to step up and take care of this issue before someone gets hurt and it is too late. One always says it can’t happen here in lil ol Rock Port….NEWS FLASH it CAN and WILL if the board doesn’t get a backbone and do something! They have a handbook with policies…USE IT! What if a student is being sexually assaulted by a teacher or student at school…then what do you do? Do you follow the handbook even though you did not on the bullying? Since the Administration has NO backbone, COME ON SCHOOL BOARD HELP OUR SCHOOL!!!
amom

Smithville, TN

#8 Apr 21, 2012
You are going overboard.
A Real mom

Columbia, MO

#9 Apr 23, 2012
amom wrote:
You are going overboard.
Tell that to the 25% estimated school children who are bullied every year. Tell that to a parent who actually gives a darn about their children. Bullying can be an issue that does get blown out of proportion, but who are you to decide an issue you have no clue about. A "mom" worth a darn should have an inborn protective instinct when it comes to this issue, I guess you are different. You don't know the bully who has done this for years do you? You don't know his parents who look the other way do you?You don't know the things he has done to innocent girls do you? Many parents today are too concerned with their own messed/methed up lives to take care of their children. Some of us actually care......
amom

Rock Port, MO

#10 Apr 27, 2012
If this kid is such a bully, then my question to the parents with the "inborn protective instinct " is, why now? If this has gone on for YEARS, why haven't you put a stop to it when it was first reported?
Bug Squisher

Tarkio, MO

#11 Apr 28, 2012
"Tush Sucker" "Prostrate Solver" and "Fart Checker" are all the same person just trying to cause trouble. Get a life you fat cow and stop causing problems
Bulls Eye

Rock Port, MO

#12 Apr 28, 2012
amom wrote:
If this kid is such a bully, then my question to the parents with the "inborn protective instinct " is, why now? If this has gone on for YEARS, why haven't you put a stop to it when it was first reported?
How do you know it has not been addressed before????Answer: YOU DON"T They usually don't arrest kindergartners when it started, the parents were notified numerous times about issues. The school administration did not step up. We thought he might change. My child has been banned from ever being around him. Research bullying and you might get a CLUE....
Spock

Tarkio, MO

#13 Apr 28, 2012
Bulls Eye wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know it has not been addressed before????Answer: YOU DON"T They usually don't arrest kindergartners when it started, the parents were notified numerous times about issues. The school administration did not step up. We thought he might change. My child has been banned from ever being around him. Research bullying and you might get a CLUE....
What I write may make you angry but I dont care because Im not concerned about your feelings. I am concerned about your child's.

The reason that your child is being bullied is your fault. You can blame the bully,his parents and the school all you want but the reason that it has gone on so long is yours and yours alone.

You say you care about your child but if its affecting them that much, then why don't you just move to another school district or take legal action. You are the adult. Its obvious that you have let some kid outsmart you since he was in kindergarden and you dont have the ability to get the school to take action.

If you know anything about bullies then you will realize that they look for weakness in victims and from basic observations from your previous posts it appears that the reason that your child is getting targeted is because he/she shows the same character flaws that you do. You are weak and do not have the ability or power to affect your enviroment so you live with it and because of that your child has to suffer.

By your own admission you (the parent) have let people push you around for quite some time. Maybe your child is getting bullied because you are ineffectual in your ability to protect them. This may sound harsh but your child is your responsibility and the blame ultimately falls on you for leaving them in an unsafe situation.

The one constant factor in this equation is that you as the parent have the ability and power to at anytime move away or take legal action but you dont.

It would be nice if life was one big fairytale and we could all live happily ever after just because we want to but its not and sometimes you have to do something about it. To leave your child in the same situation and expect change is.....illogical
amom

Rock Port, MO

#14 Apr 28, 2012
AMEN SPOCK. This is exactly what I meant when I asked why this has gone on for "years"! I'm a parent and have had a little experience with my daughter being bullied, and I can say that after a few months,we put a stop to it. Never had a problem again. Too bad your child has had to endure this without the tools to protect herself.
Bulls Eye

Rock Port, MO

#15 Apr 28, 2012
amom wrote:
AMEN SPOCK. This is exactly what I meant when I asked why this has gone on for "years"! I'm a parent and have had a little experience with my daughter being bullied, and I can say that after a few months,we put a stop to it. Never had a problem again. Too bad your child has had to endure this without the tools to protect herself.
You and Spock are uninformed. It is not my child that has been directly bullied. It is some other children in the class. He has liked my daughter and never bullied her. If he had, it would have been dealt with. I am supporting other parents. Believe it or not, I have only recently become aware of the full extent of the situation.My child has never been part of the problem,Yet. she is not allowed to be around him and he and his parents know that fact. My daughter has all the tools she needs. I am just concerned as a few parents have made me aware of the situation.I would not have waited a few months, why did you????
Spock

Tarkio, MO

#16 Apr 28, 2012
I have reread your previous posts and you are either several people posting with the same name or a multi personalitied individual with a loose grip on reality. My advise is to mind your own buissness instead of getting on here and spreading unsubstantiated rumors.

Topix is not a place to solve problems. Its a place to start rumors and spread gossip. Its a place for backstabbers to twist a knife in someones back without having to face reprecussions.

You have no facts and only toss out veiled threats and innuendos.You are a whiner and a coward with a belly full of self importance. Get a life
Line of BS

Columbia, MO

#17 May 1, 2012
Spock wrote:
I have reread your previous posts and you are either several people posting with the same name or a multi personalitied individual with a loose grip on reality. My advise is to mind your own buissness instead of getting on here and spreading unsubstantiated rumors.
Topix is not a place to solve problems. Its a place to start rumors and spread gossip. Its a place for backstabbers to twist a knife in someones back without having to face reprecussions.
You have no facts and only toss out veiled threats and innuendos.You are a whiner and a coward with a belly full of self importance. Get a life
A guy from Tarkio telling others to get a life??? Enough said.....
spock

Tarkio, MO

#18 May 1, 2012
Line of BS wrote:
<quoted text> A guy from Tarkio telling others to get a life??? Enough said.....
Good comeback. Well thought out.You must have sat in front of your computer for hours thinking of that one. LOL

You need to get a life too
amom

Rock Port, MO

#19 May 7, 2012
What will happen when school is out? Who will solve this problem for the child when she is "bullied " at the pool, park, ballfield? Teach your child how to handle herself....u won't always have someone else to blame.
Bulls eye

Columbia, MO

#20 May 8, 2012
amom wrote:
What will happen when school is out? Who will solve this problem for the child when she is "bullied " at the pool, park, ballfield? Teach your child how to handle herself....u won't always have someone else to blame.
I agree with the part where you say teach your child to handle herself. I do not agree when you say there will not always be someone to blame. How about blaming the BULLY!and the terrible parents! duh

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rock Port Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rockport Sucks (Jun '12) Jan 4 Idiotic town 26
I saw that this is a big rock port gossip section (Dec '09) Jan 4 Friend of Jimmy 29
Rock Port Needs Adult Video Store Dec 17 electric charge 2
Prediction Time Nov '16 The Oracle 1
GossipTime (Feb '13) Nov '16 tonythetiger 7
Tarkio Topix News... or more like Tarkio Topix ... (Jun '10) Oct '16 Terry Eaton 20
Joesting for Commissioner? Oct '16 Josh Smith 1

Rock Port Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rock Port Mortgages