Citizens Bank & Trust
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Local Customer

Rock Port, MO

#1 Oct 12, 2011
I would like to know how people feel about CBT hiring carpenters from Chillicothe instead of local ones to redo their roof and other work on the bank?

Thanks.
hard to say

Rock Port, MO

#2 Oct 13, 2011
Did they bother to check on local carpenter's prices and get an estimate. Maybe the local carpenters were too busy with other projects. I know a lot of them right now are tied up with other projects with the flood damaged houses in the area and wouldn't have an opening for several months. That may be a reason. I am all for keeping it local and if they want us to shop in town locally and want our local business than, yes hire local people.
checking

Rock Port, MO

#3 Oct 13, 2011
Do they really focus on keeping money in town except for themselves??? Can you imagine all of the shrines we would have here if all of the grain money was still in town?
JustThinking

Rock Port, MO

#4 Oct 13, 2011
Maybe they have an eye on a bank over there.
localyocal

Rock Port, MO

#5 Oct 14, 2011
I'm sure they could come up with a thousand excuses for why they hired a firm from Chillicothe instead of a local contractor. But the bottom line is they could have hired local if they wanted to I'm sure. Pretty disappointing.
Worker

Rock Port, MO

#6 Oct 14, 2011
localyocal wrote:
I'm sure they could come up with a thousand excuses for why they hired a firm from Chillicothe instead of a local contractor. But the bottom line is they could have hired local if they wanted to I'm sure. Pretty disappointing.
Surely they know there are under employed people in our county. Did their daddies get them their jobs?
michelle

Plattsburg, MO

#7 Oct 16, 2011
Hey, where is Julie Morrison these days? Or is it Julie Gram? I hear she works at the bank!
localCarpenter

Cross Timbers, MO

#8 Oct 18, 2011
I'm actually dumbfounded by the decision. My business account is at CBT in ROCK PORT. My crew and I had plenty of time to work on the bank between jobs. Never knew they needed work, and they never said a word. Nonetheless, we are booked up now, and finishing the year off...rather busy actually. Still...Chillicothe? Sad.
The Whole Truth

Rock Port, MO

#9 Oct 22, 2011
Couldn't believe Davis wasn't doing the concrete work after all he banks and has relatives there???? Thanks for your support CB&T.
Well

Rock Port, MO

#10 Oct 23, 2011
The Whole Truth wrote:
Couldn't believe Davis wasn't doing the concrete work after all he banks and has relatives there???? Thanks for your support CB&T.
Seems to me that if they had hired local, considering it most likely that those locals bank there, they would have had the money they paid out coming back into their own bank and community. Now I would guess that money will be going to Chillicothe banks, businesses and economy.....sad
Just Thinking

Pleasant Hill, MO

#11 Oct 24, 2011
Thats why there's not growth in this community... everone spending thier money elsewhere...the bank president should be ashame of himself
Head Hunter

Kansas City, MO

#12 Oct 25, 2011
Just Thinking wrote:
Thats why there's not growth in this community... everone spending thier money elsewhere...the bank president should be ashame of himself
Bling!!!
Placing Blame

Rock Port, MO

#13 Oct 27, 2011
Before everyone goes running their mouths about this subject why don't you seek facts? And this is a pretty big project and maybe other construction crews in town don't have the capabilities to do such a job? I do know materials were purchased right here in Rock Port and concrete was brought in locally. Come on people! Why does our society always have to cast a negative light on EVERYTHING? Everyone who casts negative comments on this site should feel ashamed. Go to the source you are disgusted with and voice your opinion or be quiet!
Placing Blame

Rock Port, MO

#14 Oct 27, 2011
I would also like for you to know that CB&T puts a LOT of money back into this community each and every year. Do you ever read the paper? Pay attention and you will see...CB&T may be the biggest supporter of their community than any other business in this county!
PinchingPennies

Rock Port, MO

#15 Oct 27, 2011
Placing Blame wrote:
I would also like for you to know that CB&T puts a LOT of money back into this community each and every year. Do you ever read the paper? Pay attention and you will see...CB&T may be the biggest supporter of their community than any other business in this county!
It's all about money. CB&T IS big money. Shouldn't we see bigger support from them than from me? So, then, are they supporting the jobless and underemployed here in Rock Port? You seem not to be able to put you finger on the REAL problem. It's the economy! Economy comes from the working class having jobs. We have too many of them on government support.
socialworker

Rock Port, MO

#16 Oct 28, 2011
I am not sure they have room to hire all the unemployed in town but I am sure that makes more sense than remodeling to keep things nice!
Tax Time

Rock Port, MO

#17 Oct 29, 2011
socialworker wrote:
I am not sure they have room to hire all the unemployed in town but I am sure that makes more sense than remodeling to keep things nice!
The unemployed to work at the 'remodeling' and it would be NICE for the umemployed as well as all of the got-a-have-it-nice patrons.
Placing Blame

Rock Port, MO

#18 Oct 31, 2011
Very easy for you guys to cast blame on a successful business in town. Why don't you worry about yourselves and stop posting nonsense on sights like this? I heard about this site and comments being made so I had to see for it myself and it is sickening! If you have a problem come into the bank and voice that opinion. Making negative comments on here get you no where...or does it give you some sort of pleasure? Our economy isn't doing well at the moment you are correct. But I know for a fact that everyone had a chance to bid on this job so everyone had an equal chance. CB&T did get supplies locally for the job. Answer me this...did the Rock Port school use a local construction company for that project?
Placing Blame

Rock Port, MO

#19 Oct 31, 2011
Point being you can't ALWAYS go 'local' for everything when you want a job done in the right amount of time! Welcome to the REAL WORLD people! If it were a PERFECT world we could go local for everything and sites like this would not exist! Let's find something better to talk about!
Inbred

Columbia, MO

#20 Oct 31, 2011
Placing Blame wrote:
Point being you can't ALWAYS go 'local' for everything when you want a job done in the right amount of time! Welcome to the REAL WORLD people! If it were a PERFECT world we could go local for everything and sites like this would not exist! Let's find something better to talk about!
Should everyone marry only locally too ??????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rock Port Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Forrester Michaels (Jul '13) Apr 21 Michelle Kroll 3
ministerial alliance (Dec '10) Apr 21 Michelle Kroll 27
I saw that this is a big rock port gossip section (Dec '09) Apr 6 CuriousMoundCity 31
Randall Sly causing problems? (May '09) Mar 31 Fonny 99
Tarkio Jukebox (Jul '12) Mar 31 Fonny 18
why (Jul '09) Mar 29 Food Lover 22
Please help Mar '18 Cjdjdildoe 1

Rock Port Jobs

Personal Finance

Rock Port Mortgages