New law requires welfare recipients t...

New law requires welfare recipients to get drug tested

Posted in the Rock Port Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
J Edgar Hoover

Tarkio, MO

#1 Jun 14, 2012
Get clean or get a job!....Its about time this happened

St. LOUIS, Mo.- It’s official; the Missouri Department of Social Services now has the go-ahead to put together a program for screening welfare applicants and recipients for drugs.

Governor Jay Nixon signed the bill into law Tuesday that states people who test positive or refuse to be checked and fail to complete a substance abuse program will lose their benefits for three years. All it’s going to take is the suspicion that there is reasonable cause to suspect illegal drug use
Concerned mom

Tarkio, MO

#2 Jun 14, 2012
I think that this violates my rights. Rich people can do drugs and the goverment dont take away there mony so why are they out to get poor people. This is just anuther way for the state to hurt kids.
Fawn Lebowitz

Tarkio, MO

#3 Jun 14, 2012
I think I'll be moving to Iowa.
No free rides

Rock Port, MO

#4 Jun 14, 2012
Concerned mom wrote:
I think that this violates my rights. Rich people can do drugs and the goverment dont take away there mony so why are they out to get poor people. This is just anuther way for the state to hurt kids.
I hope this post is someone being intentionally stupid. If not, then you are quite possibly the most ignorant person in the world. If you truly are a mother, your children should be taken from you. Tax money used for entitlement programs should be monitored and distributed wisely. Drug use is not an entitlement and working taxpayers are not going to fund your addiction. Please seek help immediately...
No free rides

Rock Port, MO

#5 Jun 14, 2012
Fawn Lebowitz wrote:
I think I'll be moving to Iowa.
Why punish Iowa???
incredible

Rock Port, MO

#6 Jun 14, 2012
Concerned mom wrote:
Concerned Mom, Please.... I can only assume that you do not work,I am sorry if you are working and trying to make ends meet and still just can't afford everything needed to raise a family.
so what about this is violating your rights...if WE who cover your food, utilities, partial rent, medical, etc.... have to have DRUG Tests then WHY shouldn't you have to be submitted to the same thing. Do you think we enjoy them? In order for us to keep making money to help cover your expenses we have to submit.

One thing which has always bothered me is I see single mothers
(NOT ALL) with several kids walking / driving around with the latest and greatest cell phones & designer handbags. I can't understand how you can afford the new cell phone and the package of the cell phone and yet can't afford food for your children, I am sure your cell service plan monthly is almost equal to the amount you recieve in food stamps - ebt card excuse me.
Please think about this before you start claiming THE STATE IS VIOLATING YOUR RIGHTS.
Fawn Leibowitz

Tarkio, MO

#7 Jun 14, 2012
I just get to go to school for free. I'm going to study pottery at Faber College.
Concerned mom

Tarkio, MO

#8 Jun 14, 2012
Yes, they are violating my rights. What if I'm around someone smoking pot and I test positive from second hand smoke or I take some kind of medicine and I test positive.

As far as my cell phone goes, I need to communicate. My car is almost 4 years old and what if it broken down. I would be stranded. I dont have a fancy phone like no blackberry or nothin. Mine hardly plays movies its so slow so stop talkin about my phone.
Wowser

Rock Port, MO

#9 Jun 14, 2012
Concerned mom wrote:
Yes, they are violating my rights. What if I'm around someone smoking pot and I test positive from second hand smoke or I take some kind of medicine and I test positive.
As far as my cell phone goes, I need to communicate. My car is almost 4 years old and what if it broken down. I would be stranded. I dont have a fancy phone like no blackberry or nothin. Mine hardly plays movies its so slow so stop talkin about my phone.
Yeah, people! Stop talking about her phone! She dont have a fancy phone like no blackberry or nothin. I was thinking maybe all of us working folks should take up donations so this nice young lady could have a nice blackberry to watch movies on. I'm sure she gets really bored while everyone else is working for a living.
incredible

Rock Port, MO

#10 Jun 14, 2012
Wowser wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, people! Stop talking about her phone! She dont have a fancy phone like no blackberry or nothin. I was thinking maybe all of us working folks should take up donations so this nice young lady could have a nice blackberry to watch movies on. I'm sure she gets really bored while everyone else is working for a living.
I also wish my car was ONLY 4 years old how about 12 years old and still hanging in there knock on wood .....
I too think her last post was "CHILDISH" she must be very young.
Concerned mom

Tarkio, MO

#11 Jun 14, 2012
I do work. Im a stay at home mom and thats important. I cant get a job cuz I cant afford no babysitter and I have to be home during the school year cuz they might get sick an haft to come home.You dont no what its like to haft to raise a bunch a kids because there deadbeat dad is takin it easy in the penatentury and aint senden no money home.

And my phone only cost 20 bucks when I signed up for my phone service so that aint nuthin to you.
Concerned frend

Tarkio, MO

#12 Jun 14, 2012
Yo up in da place. U done fukked up now Im in da house.U all think u can dis on my frend jus cuz you B hidin B-hind a fake azz name. U can jus mine ur own cuz U B makin me mad talkin Shat about my girl.U got sum to say stick a handle on ur Sh!t and see wat happen next.

So jus shut an quit razzin her. Shes a good girl
Webster Oxford

Tarkio, MO

#13 Jun 14, 2012
Concerned frend wrote:
Yo up in da place. U done fukked up now Im in da house.U all think u can dis on my frend jus cuz you B hidin B-hind a fake azz name. U can jus mine ur own cuz U B makin me mad talkin Shat about my girl.U got sum to say stick a handle on ur Sh!t and see wat happen next.
So jus shut an quit razzin her. Shes a good girl
Can someone translate this for me. I thought it might be Mayan but I'm not for sure. Anyone have any idea what this says ?
I can

Tarkio, MO

#14 Jun 14, 2012
It says.

"Im really dumb and never finished high school and smoke a lot of crack but if you keep upsetting my girlfriend I'm going to use my super computer skills to track you down and beat you up"

At least that what I think it says
Hmm

Rock Port, MO

#15 Jun 14, 2012
Concerned mom wrote:
I do work. Im a stay at home mom and thats important. I cant get a job cuz I cant afford no babysitter and I have to be home during the school year cuz they might get sick an haft to come home.You dont no what its like to haft to raise a bunch a kids because there deadbeat dad is takin it easy in the penatentury and aint senden no money home.
And my phone only cost 20 bucks when I signed up for my phone service so that aint nuthin to you.
I'm a single mom of 2 that works a full time job & a part time job to make ends meet- with no state help. Sorry, you're not getting any sympathy from me.
Webster Oxford

Tarkio, MO

#16 Jun 14, 2012
Thank you for the translation. Now I can prepare a suitable reply.

What now? Let me tell you what now. I'm gonna call a couple of hard, pipe-hitting rednecks to go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talking, hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'm gonna get medieval on your ass.
Hmm

Rock Port, MO

#17 Jun 14, 2012
I can wrote:
It says.
"Im really dumb and never finished high school and smoke a lot of crack but if you keep upsetting my girlfriend I'm going to use my super computer skills to track you down and beat you up"
At least that what I think it says
I am pretty sure that's what I got out of it too!:)
Although if you refer back..maybe they didn't smoke a lot of crack, they could just have contact high! Therefore, it would be justifiable to receive food stamps.
incredible

Rock Port, MO

#18 Jun 15, 2012
Concerned mom wrote:
I Know being available for your children when they are sick is important. I just don't believe you can't get a job - HHS - pays for childcare also. I am sorry but you ask any divorced Mother out there how long it took to get child support and all the sacrifies that were made in order to put food on the table, many will tell you they had to work 2 jobs. Sometimes when the spouse finally decides to pay child support it is not near enough so the Mother continues to work 2 jobs.
I also know how the HHS system works - you work and they start taking benefits away from you even though you are only making
$ 7.25 hour for some stupid reason they slap the wrist of people that are trying to better themselves, which then it is your decision to quit your job or continue to work and loose all benefits. HHS stinks with this..........I believe they should keep all forms of assistance going for a family for 1 year while they are trying to stand on their feet and then slowly reduce the amount quarterly.
I feel for you " Concerned Mom" but it is right that you get drug tested every month before any benefits can be paid and it should be Random just like it is in the real working place.
"Concerned Mom" have you considered going to College ? Better yourself, you don't need a husband/boyfriend in the pen, aren't you better than that?
The Man

Sylacauga, AL

#19 Aug 26, 2012
If you or your kids are on drugs then why does it matter. Otherwise you must be a bum on welfare that spends that money on drugs. Its our money, we earned it, and we dont want to give it to the government, much less a bunch of cracked out moms who only have kids so their welfare check is larger.
SilicaSand

Rock Port, MO

#20 Aug 27, 2012
Fawn Leibowitz wrote:
I just get to go to school for free. I'm going to study pottery at Faber College.
Good luck with your ambitious goal. That pottery mud is really complex and hard to understand. Give it a throw.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rock Port Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rockport Sucks (Jun '12) Jan 4 Idiotic town 26
I saw that this is a big rock port gossip section (Dec '09) Jan 4 Friend of Jimmy 29
Rock Port Needs Adult Video Store Dec '16 electric charge 2
Prediction Time Nov '16 The Oracle 1
GossipTime (Feb '13) Nov '16 tonythetiger 7
Tarkio Topix News... or more like Tarkio Topix ... (Jun '10) Oct '16 Terry Eaton 20
Joesting for Commissioner? Oct '16 Josh Smith 1

Rock Port Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rock Port Mortgages