Board approves cuts, layoffs for Rock...

Board approves cuts, layoffs for Rock Island County

There are 4 comments on the WQAD story from Jul 16, 2010, titled Board approves cuts, layoffs for Rock Island County. In it, WQAD reports that:

After months of waiting for crucial funding from the state, the time for cuts has apparently come in Rock Island County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WQAD.

I felt good

Rockford, IL

#1 Jul 16, 2010
I felt good about lay off employees to save money to pay the state, because state owed over 9 billion dollars
no name

Rock Island, IL

#2 Jul 18, 2010
why not get ride of that worthless money pit animal shelter that has never made any money. That would free up alot of money the county could use.
Confused

Loves Park, IL

#3 Jul 20, 2010
County voted on laying off 6 and voted to hire 15? Im confused on how that helps the budget?
They hire a company to run Hope Creek but cut no position or salaries? How is that saving money?
Concerned Tax Payer

Iowa City, IA

#4 Jul 20, 2010
You'd think that if the county was trying to save money that the CB Chairman would maybe buy his own gas instead of filling up at the county pump?????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rock Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Suzanne Somers loves bioidentical hormones (Jun '09) Jul 13 MerrySM 87
News Big Island kidnapper told victims ''he would re... (Mar '10) Jul 8 haley_kugler 16
anyone seen strange military presence around e ... Jul '15 bacsoldier 1
News Rash of teen suicides in Princeton, Illinois (Apr '10) Jun '15 bcmom 187
News Former Sandwich youth minister charged with try... (Nov '11) Jun '15 Anonymous 6
Wanna meet up Jun '15 Jude9669 1
Donnie burgess jr Jun '15 hate his guts 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rock Island Mortgages