First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Curious

Fayetteville, WV

#1 Aug 19, 2009
Heard that there was a raid there on Monday..any truth to it?
abc123

United States

#2 Aug 19, 2009
Curious wrote:
Heard that there was a raid there on Monday..any truth to it?
I have not heard anything about it..I went to school there and when I drive by it I hate to even look at it now..looks like a junkyard..I don't know why it was let go that way..who owns it anyway??
whatever

Oak Hill, WV

#3 Aug 19, 2009
yeah i think they did do that monday.
got an idea

Washington, NC

#4 Aug 20, 2009
i say they just burn it down.......nothing but a hassel in the community....drugs drugs drugs..
abc123

United States

#5 Aug 20, 2009
got an idea wrote:
i say they just burn it down.......nothing but a hassel in the community....drugs drugs drugs..
I have heard about the drug thing..I just wish something had been done with the old school to keep it more like I remember it..I went there when they had tin building where the ballfield is(or was)and the grades were 1 through 12..I started Marsh Fork the year they tore the tin buildings down..anyone remember back that far..makes me feel kinda old...but have some great memories of going to school there made many friends and I loved all my old teachers..many have been gone for years.
i remember

Oak Hill, WV

#6 Aug 20, 2009
i had music class in the old tin building and mr frost was the music teacher. man was those good memories i loved going to mt. view and i loved playing on those old monkey bars and playing out in the field.i really do hate seeing the school in that bad of shape i would rather them tear it down than to look at it every time you pass by it looking the way it does. so sad.
stupid

Washington, NC

#7 Aug 21, 2009
abc123 wrote:
<quoted text>I have heard about the drug thing..I just wish something had been done with the old school to keep it more like I remember it..I went there when they had tin building where the ballfield is(or was)and the grades were 1 through 12..I started Marsh Fork the year they tore the tin buildings down..anyone remember back that far..makes me feel kinda old...but have some great memories of going to school there made many friends and I loved all my old teachers..many have been gone for years.
i can sympathize with that... i went there too for elem...then was at mfms then mfhs so none of my schools are still around... well the middle school is the elem... yeah the drugs a pretty bad up that way which i guess they are every where on the river... i hate that cuz this place is a pretty place and is over run by druggies
abc123

United States

#8 Aug 21, 2009
i remember wrote:
i had music class in the old tin building and mr frost was the music teacher. man was those good memories i loved going to mt. view and i loved playing on those old monkey bars and playing out in the field.i really do hate seeing the school in that bad of shape i would rather them tear it down than to look at it every time you pass by it looking the way it does. so sad.
nice to hear that someone remembers the old school the way it was..I had music class in what was the library...I don't remember my teachers name...it has been that long ago..I started Mt.View when I was 6..that is how long ago it has been...I too remember playing on the monkey bars and swings..and playing on the ballfield..playing tag and all the other games with my friends..I believe the same as you..tearing it down would have been better than what it has become
wow

Oak Hill, WV

#9 Aug 21, 2009
i went to mt. view as an elementary....i broke my arm on those monkey bars.and you younger group like myself may remember the big slide that they put in the field.i know thegirl who has it now in her yard.her uncle bought it off of who ever lived there.how many times we went donw that slide.
abc123

United States

#10 Aug 21, 2009
wow wrote:
i went to mt. view as an elementary....i broke my arm on those monkey bars.and you younger group like myself may remember the big slide that they put in the field.i know thegirl who has it now in her yard.her uncle bought it off of who ever lived there.how many times we went donw that slide.
I was scared to death of that big slide..loved the swings but was scared to go high like the other kids..would love to know where all the kids are now..I can't remember many...there was a boy named Orice Darlington..a girl named Leslie Smith and a few others that escape me right now..I don't know if you went to school with them or not
i remember

Oak Hill, WV

#11 Aug 21, 2009
i went down that big slide also, never was scared of it guess i was a little dare devil.I remember all the teachers i had and everything i have a great memory of that school.
mtviewstudent

Oak Hill, WV

#12 Aug 25, 2009
how many years now has the school been closed, i can't remember the last class that went there.
abc123

United States

#13 Aug 26, 2009
mtviewstudent wrote:
how many years now has the school been closed, i can't remember the last class that went there.
I don't know how many years it has been shut down..it has been many many years since I went there..I started there in 55' and went there for 8 years and my 2 brothers and 2 sisters went there for a while and I don't know how long it was after that it was closed down.When it was sold it just went to the dogs..I hated going by there and seing that religous statue in the front painted purple..It mad me mad as a wet hen..after it was sold(I heard it was only traded) it went downhill even more,Wish they had just burned it down..anything would have been better than what it has become now
mtviewstudent

Oak Hill, WV

#14 Aug 26, 2009
i went there in the 80's was the best times of my life, even though i got paddled alot by mr. miller. i saw him the other day in walmart he still remembered me after all that time.
pebbles86

Oak Hill, WV

#15 Sep 9, 2009
i remember wrote:
Thanks for bringing back Mr. Frost to my memory! I loved his class so much. I can still remember some of the old songs we had to learn in there. LOL...oh, the great memories from back in the day.

As for now? It's a shame to see our school in the shape it's in. The drugs and other charges when the kids were removed. Let's not even talk about all the junk cars and tires everywhere. Surprised they haven't been investigated for that stuff yet by the litter control people, DEP, etc.

I'd rather see it gone than like it is. It could have been made into a great building at one time, sorta like the low income one at Whitesville.. Mountain Terrace Appartments. I almost forgot that name too!

I think I'm getting old.
mtviewstudent

Oak Hill, WV

#16 Sep 9, 2009
when i went to mt. view i loved the peanutbutter candy they made for us.and also some of the teacher still down at mfe taught me at mt. view, now that makes me feel old, i also remember when mr. frost taught us songs the first one he ever sang to us was "john brown had a little indian" that was so much fun.and he would always tell us about his peg leg, now that scared us.lol
gog

Richmond, VA

#17 Sep 10, 2009
i also went there im trying to remember my music teachers name it was a woman and she had three fingers cut off on one hand all she had was a pinky and thumb
someone

Mount Hope, WV

#18 Sep 10, 2009
her name was ms workman
abc123

United States

#19 Sep 10, 2009
someone wrote:
her name was ms workman
I can't remember my music teachers name but I really loved her as I did all my teachers there..I had all MRS.Barrett for my 1st grade teacher..now that was a long long time ago..oops there I go telling my age..lol..also Inez and Stella Webb and I think Mabel also..I never could keep them straight..I remember Lawson Barrett..our principal..we used to think he wore the same suit every day..grey with the red tie..we all got a kick out ofn that but I liked him too..even though he was sort of strict with us..I remember the girls could not wear pants even in the winter..and look at what thye wear now!!
All the good times we had at that school ..sometimes I wish I could go back and relive them again..but when I pass by the old school I get a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach just trying to figure out what is going on there now and how much fun we all had there when we went o school..someone needs to do somehting about it..but who and how???
gog

Richmond, VA

#20 Sep 10, 2009
someone wrote:
her name was ms workman
thank you remember ms lickliter that may not be the correct spelling but that was her name

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rock Creek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 8 hr Bad ass visitor 1,342
Tonya Beckner Mon Citizen 4
FYI catfish pond (May '14) Sun Pro fisherman 15
wrong turn bolling Jun 26 mable 4
side by sides, and ATV'S need to be put off hi... Jun 26 HAZARD 3
Kelly Basconi Jun 24 Shelby 2
atv tradgedy Jun 23 JFC 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rock Creek Mortgages