Rochester man acquitted or murder and robbery charges

Full story: WHEC-TV Rochester, NY

A Rochester man accused of murdering a young teen is now a free man. Today State Supreme Court Judge Stephen Sirkin found Blake Alford not guilty of murder, robbery and possession of a weapon.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of78
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Friend

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2009

There is no need for him to watch is back!!! That is what is wrong with Rochester people feel as if they have to kill someone when the jugde says not guilty.. The streets know who killed that kid!! Yet like they say snitches get stitches..Well Blake is Not guilty so find the real Killer!!!!

Since: Sep 08

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2009

XYZ wrote:
Race shouldn't matter in this case. There are multiple white people charged with murder and robbery, as well as black.
Sue, you need to understand that not only black people are on welfare, there are all different races on welfare and not all black people are recipients of welfare programs. Our court system is based on everyone deserving a fair trial. In this case, he was acquitted of the charges after receiving a fair trial in which the evidence was examined and processed. Just because he was black doesn't mean anything. What about the COP in Greece that killed someone because he was on drugs? What about white families that have been in the news recently after killing their entire family? You shouldn't be so quick to judge if you do not know the facts of the case. The judicial system did it's job and if you don't agree with it, write a letter. Your racist opinion and sarcastic undertones are demeaning and show how ignorant people can be.
Maybe I missed something - what cop in Greece killed someone?Maybe you should get the facts before you post something.

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2009

XYZ wrote:
Race shouldn't matter in this case. There are multiple white people charged with murder and robbery, as well as black.
Sue, you need to understand that not only black people are on welfare, there are all different races on welfare and not all black people are recipients of welfare programs. Our court system is based on everyone deserving a fair trial. In this case, he was acquitted of the charges after receiving a fair trial in which the evidence was examined and processed. Just because he was black doesn't mean anything. What about the COP in Greece that killed someone because he was on drugs? What about white families that have been in the news recently after killing their entire family? You shouldn't be so quick to judge if you do not know the facts of the case. The judicial system did it's job and if you don't agree with it, write a letter. Your racist opinion and sarcastic undertones are demeaning and show how ignorant people can be.
Sorry,I forgot to add,the last news story about a family that was killed by their"father" happen to be a black person.I belive he killed 4 or 5 of his children and their mother.No matter what race they are it still isn't right.If proven guilty they should all be put in the electric chair.No more "life"in prison.An eye for an eye.Maybe all this crap will stop.
Leroy Jones

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2009

maddog2008 wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry,I forgot to add,the last news story about a family that was killed by their"father" happen to be a black person.I belive he killed 4 or 5 of his children and their mother.No matter what race they are it still isn't right.If proven guilty they should all be put in the electric chair.No more "life"in prison.An eye for an eye.Maybe all this crap will stop.
There was already a death penalty in NYS, it didn't seem to stop anything.
Plus this guy was NOT found guilty, so why would you want him to face the electric chair???
techo tired

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2009

Sue in Wayne County wrote:
<quoted text>
Yikes, there's no hope for me, is there.
No, you're right, Sister, I wasn't present at the trial watching your boy go free. I was at work, earning money to finance the various public programs that enable you to sit on your butt, collect welfare, and watch your tax-payer-funded big-screen TV.
Absolutely correct on that one!!!!!!
Why don't they put a time limit on Welfare so they have to go out and work eventually like the rest of us!!!!! Lazy good for nuthin's !!!!
Ms Rochester

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2009

<quoted text>
Yikes, there's no hope for me, is there.
No, you're right, Sister, I wasn't present at the trial watching your boy go free. I was at work, earning money to finance the various public programs that enable you to sit on your butt, collect welfare, and watch your tax-payer-funded big-screen TV.
I thought the majority of the money came from a philanthropist in NYC?? You have a problem with how private citizens spend their money? This is America, I can donate my money to anyone I choose to.
If a person on welfare is living a better life than you, you can only blame yourself. Why didn't you finish your education so that you could get a well-paying job? Most people on this board want to blame someone for their failures. It is not the person on welfare fault that you can't support yourself. There are many people on welfare that are doing just fine, what is your problem?
Ms Rochester

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2009

Stats wrote:
<quoted text>
Stats can be manipulated in a variety of ways to support any argument. Take population majority of instance. Whites males make up the highest segment of US population (48%), but they are outnumbered by the rest of the population (easy math, but here it is, 52%)...They used to hold over 50% of the population, so they were the majority…Now they are just another minority, albeit a very large one. They are outnumbered by every other segment of the population
Fun with numbers folks.
Also, I'm glad this guy got off. Even if 100 guilty people get off so that one innocent person doesn't go to jail, I'd say that our justice system works.
I've even posted facts about welfare, arrest rates, and HIV that clearly prove these bigots wrong. But you have to remember, we are dealing with bigots. They are not grounded in reality, therefore they have no use for statistics and facts. I had one tell me he didn't care what statistics I had, he was gonna "believe what he believes."
They need someone to scapegoat and blame because they aren't very successful in their lives. I wouldn't be surprised if the majority weren't on welfare themselves.
Ms Rochester

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2009

wease cares from Macedon wrote:
<quoted text>
Except for the fact that the 52% you reference is comprised of multiple demographics, not just one. No majority there....sorry...wrong!
What about the statistic that shows that there is a higher arrest rate for White men? What about the other stat I posted that showed Black men are more likely to receive prison time than a White man convicted of the same crime?
guy

South Portland, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2009

WANT GOOD READING CHECK OUT THE RCCM BLOG

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2009

Leroy Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
Plus this guy was NOT found guilty, so why would you want him to face the electric chair???
First off Leroy,they don't use the death penalty in New York--haven't in about 20-30 years.If the powers of "B" started using it again maybe the murder rate would go down.Second,I said if a person was found guilty (proven)of murder,child rape or any other low life crime then they should be taken out and shot.But rest easy the liberal judges and the "do gooders"will never let that happen.
yaknow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2009

<quoted text>
Well, let's equalize that. Why don't you write to Gov Paterson and tell him you city guys want CARS. No doubt he will create a free Car Handouts for the Poor Program for you, with our tax money, of course...
Better yet, get a job so you can buy one yourself. That's how we get them in the burbs.
You're not too sharp. I own a car and live in the burbs. I was saying if everyone who lived in the city owned a car, the drunk driving fatality rate in the city would go through the roof.
Dewey

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2009

Leroy Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people on welfare do work.If you check out the commercials,it states that if you have an income of less than 26,000,then you have an oppertunity to qualigy for food stamps.Some people only get the medical part of it.Some get the whole kitt-n-kaboodle.So in fact you can pay taxes and at the same time collect limited welfare.
XYZ

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2009

When did this become about welfare? Just because the defendant is black, we're going to sit here and talk about welfare? Really shows how ignorant everyone is. Especially Sue.

The facts are as is and will stay that way. He was acquitted of murder. End of story. Unless you were at the trials, quit with the ignorant comments that you know nothing about. The facts were examined, he was acquitted, and now he is moving on with his life. If you have an objection, write a letter to the courts or the state. Don't sit here and post ignorant comments about all black people being murderers, being on welfare, and sitting at home doing nothing. People wonder why we have a problem in our country. It's because people are ignorant and unaccepting of people that are different than them. It's sad and pathetic.
the real wease cares

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2009

yaknow wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not too sharp. I own a car and live in the burbs. I was saying if everyone who lived in the city owned a car, the drunk driving fatality rate in the city would go through the roof.
Good point!
Leroy Jones

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2009

maddog2008 wrote:
<quoted text>First off Leroy,they don't use the death penalty in New York--haven't in about 20-30 years.If the powers of "B" started using it again maybe the murder rate would go down.Second,I said if a person was found guilty (proven)of murder,child rape or any other low life crime then they should be taken out and shot.But rest easy the liberal judges and the "do gooders"will never let that happen.
Many people in NYS have faced the death penalty in the past 15 yrs, and many of them were sentenced to death, even tho their death were stopped.

Secondly, in the past in other states, many were put to death and the murder rate was NOT effected by the deaths.

You don't have a clue on what your talking about, your logic is old and has been proven wrong.

Love,
Leroy

xoxoxo

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2009

Leroy Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
Many people in NYS have faced the death penalty in the past 15 yrs, and many of them were sentenced to death, even tho their death were stopped.
Secondly, in the past in other states, many were put to death and the murder rate was NOT effected by the deaths.
You don't have a clue on what your talking about, your logic is old and has been proven wrong.
Love,
Leroy
xoxoxo
Leroy,You proved my point by saying "they were stopped" - isn't that the same as not using the laws that were written to protect the rest of us?In many of the states that still use the death penaty the murder rate is much lower.You are right,my logic is old and have been proven ---RIGHT.One more thing,please don't start going gay on me as I don't go that way.Have a great day--M/DOG
Oh My

Fort Wayne, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2009

It is funny even though i dress semi formal for work there are other races that still clinched their bag when i walk past them...racism will never die... just cause you are black doesnt mean you live in the ghetto and just cause you are white does not mean you live in a trailor
ALFORD

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2009

hi im blake alford sister. well all yall talkin like yall knew what happen. the da had dna no gun or nothing. my brother would never take someones life. he has kids to worry about. if you was at court you would of knew what happen. so all i know is that my brother is not that kind of person. he does not have to watch his back cause is not a killer.they needs to do there job right for they try to say someone did sumthing. if it was the other way around i would of been at court for my brother if was dead.everyone knew he didnt do it. if any more question ask the da the real turth an not the lies. the judge seen right through the lies in court.
ALFORD

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2009

Friend wrote:
There is no need for him to watch is back!!! That is what is wrong with Rochester people feel as if they have to kill someone when the jugde says not guilty.. The streets know who killed that kid!! Yet like they say snitches get stitches..Well Blake is Not guilty so find the real Killer!!!!
thats wat im sayin he didnt do.
Leroy Jones

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2009

maddog2008 wrote:
<quoted text>Leroy,You proved my point by saying "they were stopped" - isn't that the same as not using the laws that were written to protect the rest of us?In many of the states that still use the death penaty the murder rate is much lower.You are right,my logic is old and have been proven ---RIGHT.One more thing,please don't start going gay on me as I don't go that way.Have a great day--M/DOG
""""The death penalty not only does not deter violent crime, but actually works against reducing the crime rate, argues Eric M. Freedman in the following viewpoint. States that use the death penalty have crime rates that are nearly indistinguishable from those states that do not have the death penalty, he contends. Furthermore, criminal cases in which the death penalty is sought are much more expensive to investigate and try, he maintains, thus denying much-needed funds to programs that have been proven to reduce crime. Freedman teaches courses on constitutional law and the death penalty""" """

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of78
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Rochester Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Rochester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••