Rochester man acquitted or murder and robbery charges

A Rochester man accused of murdering a young teen is now a free man. Today State Supreme Court Judge Stephen Sirkin found Blake Alford not guilty of murder, robbery and possession of a weapon. Read more
yaknow

United States

#26 Sep 22, 2009
Sue in Wayne County wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, yeah, that's right. Thanks for correcting my racist ways. What was I thinking. Of course, black city residents never ever drink or drug and then get behind the wheel and kill people.
You're assuming there is a wheel to get behind. The burbs have an unfair advantage in that they have a car.
april34

Rochester, NY

#27 Sep 22, 2009
you know they always say that drug addicts, and prostitutes are not credible wittnesses so why use them?
josie

Hilton, NY

#28 Sep 23, 2009
When the main witness was asked where she worked, her reply was "hoes r us"; really
Shook 1

Rochester, NY

#30 Sep 23, 2009
LMFAO wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the same why when all the whites in the burbs kill each other while drinking and driving.
LMFAO
That was good...Very true..LMAO
sister

Trenton, NJ

#31 Sep 23, 2009
Dewey wrote:
*Cops*
your in idiot please do your research before you speak!!!! You don't know jack!!!!! Do you know the evidence no you don't, you should've been there in court maybe you would know something. Once again there was no evidence, they found someone elses DNA on the little boy, so please keep your mouth shut.
Oh My

Fort Wayne, IN

#33 Sep 23, 2009
white kids die in drinking and driving accident = less racist

Since: Sep 08

Rochester, NY

#34 Sep 23, 2009
sister wrote:
<quoted text> Sue you ignorant and need an education, are you kidding me please look at the the news who do you see on there, look at the greece police,all crooks, please look at tv who's are the white people doing dwi and hit and runs, the do white collar crime, they steal from people, your a DUMB B****!!!! You must don't read or look at the news. Get it together!!!! Educate yourself.
I don't mean to be mean but I think you should go back to school.You can't seem to get your point across without swearing and your outlook on "the man"is way out of the mainstream way of thinking.Can we say racist?
Sue in Wayne County

Williamson, NY

#35 Sep 23, 2009
yaknow wrote:
<quoted text>
You're assuming there is a wheel to get behind. The burbs have an unfair advantage in that they have a car.
Well, let's equalize that. Why don't you write to Gov Paterson and tell him you city guys want CARS. No doubt he will create a free Car Handouts for the Poor Program for you, with our tax money, of course...

Better yet, get a job so you can buy one yourself. That's how we get them in the burbs.
Sue in Wayne County

Williamson, NY

#36 Sep 23, 2009
sister wrote:
<quoted text> Sue you ignorant and need an education, your a DUMB B****!!!! You must don't read or look at the news. Get it together!!!! Educate yourself.
Yikes, there's no hope for me, is there.

No, you're right, Sister, I wasn't present at the trial watching your boy go free. I was at work, earning money to finance the various public programs that enable you to sit on your butt, collect welfare, and watch your tax-payer-funded big-screen TV.
wease cares from Macedon

Rochester, NY

#38 Sep 23, 2009
Oh My wrote:
<quoted text>
for the record more whites are on welfare then any other race.
Not if you look at the percentages of the population each group holds and then compare that to the number on welfare.
Oh My

Fort Wayne, IN

#39 Sep 23, 2009
wease cares from Macedon wrote:
<quoted text>
Not if you look at the percentages of the population each group holds and then compare that to the number on welfare.
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9...
former city res

Rochester, NY

#40 Sep 23, 2009
Hmm...if there were three trials, which none of us were present for, you think just maybe this guy is really innocent? Three trials, not one, three. Just sayin'
Stats

Rochester, NY

#41 Sep 23, 2009
wease cares from Macedon wrote:
<quoted text>
Stats can be manipulated in a variety of ways to support any argument. Take population majority of instance. Whites males make up the highest segment of US population (48%), but they are outnumbered by the rest of the population (easy math, but here it is, 52%)...They used to hold over 50% of the population, so they were the majority…Now they are just another minority, albeit a very large one. They are outnumbered by every other segment of the population

Fun with numbers folks.

Also, I'm glad this guy got off. Even if 100 guilty people get off so that one innocent person doesn't go to jail, I'd say that our justice system works.
sister

Boca Raton, FL

#43 Sep 23, 2009
<quoted text>
Well, let's equalize that. Why don't you write to Gov Paterson and tell him you city guys want CARS. No doubt he will create a free Car Handouts for the Poor Program for you, with our tax money, of course...
Better yet, get a job so you can buy one yourself. That's how we get them in the burbs.
let explain something to you, everyone in the city doesnt get welfare and you dont know what your talking about!!! sue you have no clue, do you even live in the real world? there are different type of people that get food stamps and welfare, and im not one, i have my own job, i take care of my child. it doesnt matter what race you are, white, black, PR, asian, all of them get welfare, so once again get an eduaction!!!!!
sister

Boca Raton, FL

#44 Sep 23, 2009
<quoted text>
Yikes, there's no hope for me, is there.
No, you're right, Sister, I wasn't present at the trial watching your boy go free. I was at work, earning money to finance the various public programs that enable you to sit on your butt, collect welfare, and watch your tax-payer-funded big-screen TV.
Sorry Sue wrong person i never recieved welfare in my life, so get your facts straight, and if you werent there keep you mouth shut, you need to get a life and stop worrying about the wrong things. i hate people like you. you need to get your facts together before you comment.
Sister

Boca Raton, FL

#45 Sep 23, 2009
maddog2008 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't mean to be mean but I think you should go back to school.You can't seem to get your point across without swearing and your outlook on "the man"is way out of the mainstream way of thinking.Can we say racist?
Im not Racist, i just need to let people know before you speak due your homework, i hate people that makes comments and dont know what there talking about!!!!!!!!
Sister

Boca Raton, FL

#46 Sep 23, 2009
former city res wrote:
Hmm...if there were three trials, which none of us were present for, you think just maybe this guy is really innocent? Three trials, not one, three. Just sayin'
thanks people dont understand that sometimes the DA and police officers can be wrong, and need to invesigate more before jumping to conclusions!!
Friend

Boca Raton, FL

#47 Sep 23, 2009
Everyone is going back and forth and dont really know all the facts. Yes this man was Black yes alot of African American people kill and so do Causian!!! There isn't a culture for killing. Anyone can Kill and anyone can steal. Maybe this man was innocent and if so Then Congrats to him being aquitted...Instead of assuming that he will ''Kill" again lets believe that the courts are good enough to determine whether someone is a killer or not. And in this case they are saying He is Not!!!! SO Live Life Blake!!!
XYZ

Boca Raton, FL

#48 Sep 23, 2009
Race shouldn't matter in this case. There are multiple white people charged with murder and robbery, as well as black.
Sue, you need to understand that not only black people are on welfare, there are all different races on welfare and not all black people are recipients of welfare programs. Our court system is based on everyone deserving a fair trial. In this case, he was acquitted of the charges after receiving a fair trial in which the evidence was examined and processed. Just because he was black doesn't mean anything. What about the COP in Greece that killed someone because he was on drugs? What about white families that have been in the news recently after killing their entire family? You shouldn't be so quick to judge if you do not know the facts of the case. The judicial system did it's job and if you don't agree with it, write a letter. Your racist opinion and sarcastic undertones are demeaning and show how ignorant people can be.
wease cares from Macedon

Rochester, NY

#49 Sep 23, 2009
Stats wrote:
<quoted text>
Stats can be manipulated in a variety of ways to support any argument. Take population majority of instance. Whites males make up the highest segment of US population (48%), but they are outnumbered by the rest of the population (easy math, but here it is, 52%)...They used to hold over 50% of the population, so they were the majority…Now they are just another minority, albeit a very large one. They are outnumbered by every other segment of the population
Fun with numbers folks.
Also, I'm glad this guy got off. Even if 100 guilty people get off so that one innocent person doesn't go to jail, I'd say that our justice system works.
Except for the fact that the 52% you reference is comprised of multiple demographics, not just one. No majority there....sorry...wrong!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
McDonalds Employee arrested 4 hr Ali Baba 1
thinking about moving to Rochester... (Feb '07) 5 hr shamed 423
haha topix Commits Suicide For All To See! (Dec '13) 6 hr shamed 2
Break room ratings 7 hr Semper Fi Forever 163
rochester christian church ministries is a cult... (Oct '07) 9 hr Silent no longer 50
Tidal "music" streaming? 10 hr Johnny 1
News Schumer in Rochester for renaming of post offic... Mon Festus Haggen 2
Rochester Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Rochester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]