Rochester man acquitted or murder and robbery charges

Full story: WHEC-TV Rochester, NY

A Rochester man accused of murdering a young teen is now a free man. Today State Supreme Court Judge Stephen Sirkin found Blake Alford not guilty of murder, robbery and possession of a weapon.
Comments
1 - 20 of 78 Comments Last updated Feb 9, 2014
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Spanky

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

Now he gonna have to look over his back at all times.Cuz it aint safe in da Roc.
RocFan4Life

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

Judged:

The cops said that he shot dat boy.The judge didnt believe cops cuz the witnes was drug addict adn protitute.Guess we culd all kill mf's in front of prostitutes and get way with it.All youz gotta say to da court is dat you smoke yadamean,and dat will take you outta da equation
RPDsuks

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

Judged:

Lets see the stats on RPD murder cases that have been acquitted.

Great JOB RPD!!! All your great efforts are all coming together.
Now all you've done is put witnesses that came forward at risk.
yaknow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

RocFan4Life wrote:
The cops said that he shot dat boy.The judge didnt believe cops cuz the witnes was drug addict adn protitute.Guess we culd all kill mf's in front of prostitutes and get way with it.All youz gotta say to da court is dat you smoke yadamean,and dat will take you outta da equation
Very eloquently put. Your grasp of the language is mystifying. Who said city schools were bad?
keith

Victor, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

Judged:

Now,When he shoots someone else.We will all be asking why wasnt he in jail in the first place.
Kanye West

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

Yo Blake Alford, I'm really happy for you, but Tyquan Rivera has one of the best trials of all time ... All Time!
yaknow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

RPDsuks wrote:
Lets see the stats on RPD murder cases that have been acquitted.
Great JOB RPD!!! All your great efforts are all coming together.
Now all you've done is put witnesses that came forward at risk.
For once I have to agree with you. Can't blame them for trying though. It's not normal for a group of people to wish death upon someone who seeks to do the right thing.
Concerned Mother

Webster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

Judged:

yaknow wrote:
<quoted text>
Very eloquently put. Your grasp of the language is mystifying. Who said city schools were bad?
Why are you blaming it on the city school, you don't know where this person went to school. He's probably speaking that so called e-bonics anyway or maybe some other code this young people have. That was very rude on your part, think before you type.
Concerned Mother

Webster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

Judged:

keith wrote:
Now,When he shoots someone else.We will all be asking why wasnt he in jail in the first place.
That's soooooo true
Hockey Lover

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

Judged:

Dewey wrote:
Well! As long as he doesnt graduate to kiling outside of his race,it's fine and dandy.Sort of like ethnic cleansing.In a sense.
LMAO !
Ms Rochester

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

So I take it nobody in this forum believes in the criminal court system? I admit that I believe that it has failed in the past and will continue too, but from what I'm reading most posters here assume that the man should have been found guilty simply because he was charged.
Dewey

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

Ms Rochester wrote:
So I take it nobody in this forum believes in the criminal court system? I admit that I believe that it has failed in the past and will continue too, but from what I'm reading most posters here assume that the man should have been found guilty simply because he was charged.
Well! The cos said that he did it.That should've been enough for a conviction.I think!
Dewey

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

*Cops*
LMFAO

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

Dewey wrote:
Well! As long as he doesnt graduate to kiling outside of his race,it's fine and dandy.Sort of like ethnic cleansing.In a sense.
I think the same why when all the whites in the burbs kill each other while drinking and driving.
LMFAO
LMFAO

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

The police along with the DA needs to build a case against the person before charging them, all tho that would mean the have to "work".

Instead they sit back and do nothing till a witness comes forward, then they depend on that one witness for the whole case.
Tooo many people are acquitted in the City!!!
Are they all innocent and wrongfully locked up and wrongfully accused ???? Or are all these murders getting away with murder?????
All I know is that if they are acquitted, the witness now has to live in fear.
I know of 2 witness that were killed in the City after the person the accused was acquitted.
The RPD and DA are just wasting money, time, and increasing the number of murders in the City by NOT doing their job properly.

Since: Sep 08

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

But just think,he can go to R.I.T. for free and become a "good" person and maybe work for a living------RIGHT!!!
Dewey

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

It's called "the reciprocating factor".Man kills another man.Gets caught,then released to kill again so that the PD will always have work and that the taxpayer revenue will always come in.
time

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

only time will tell when the young man kill agin and nothing is done once agin a free man gets away and you tell me that this is a good place to live and nothing never happens here right
Sue in Wayne County

Williamson, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

Judged:

Pithy Commentator wrote:
"Rochester man acquitted or murder and robbery charges"

I guess the defendant had his choice of whether he was acquitted or had murder and robbery charges lodged, perhaps?
Defense Attorney: My client is innocent! It was the cops, I tell you, the cops!

Prosecutor: Well, in that case, I'll offer you a deal, it's either acquittal or murder and robbery charges. That's our final offer, which will you take?

Defense Attorney: I'll need a consultation with my client <whispers to client: which one you want, kid, it's up to you> <defendant whispers back: I don't know, you're the attorney, what would you suggest?> <Defense Attorney to client: Leave it to me, kid, I gotcha covered.>

Defense Attorney to Prosecutor: He'll take the acquittal, Counselor. "acquittal" for ten thousand.
Sue in Wayne County

Williamson, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

Judged:

LMFAO wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the same why when all the whites in the burbs kill each other while drinking and driving.
LMFAO
Oh, yeah, that's right. Thanks for correcting my racist ways. What was I thinking. Of course, black city residents never ever drink or drug and then get behind the wheel and kill people.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sleeping mother arrested after child found wand... 7 min Thanks for the laugh 1
Rochester black man found guilty of murder, at... 14 min Bwahawhaw Zippy 4
Local man working to restore his reputation aft... 44 min TheFakeBarnhart 1
Astorino Will Campaign With Former GOP Candidat... 54 min MAYOR DYSASTER 10
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 59 min positronium 6,405
Work harder 1 hr Wendy Thomas 5
Civic Center garage 1 hr Elizabeth 65
•••
•••
•••

Rochester Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Rochester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE