Rochester Rocs: Best Fish Fry

Rochester Rocs: Best Fish Fry

There are 40 comments on the WHEC-TV Rochester story from Apr 1, 2014, titled Rochester Rocs: Best Fish Fry. In it, WHEC-TV Rochester reports that:

Which place has the best fish fry in Rochester? We counted your nominations and here are the top 5 restaurants for Rochester Rocs -- Best Fish Fry.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHEC-TV Rochester.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
The man

Rochester, NY

#21 Apr 3, 2014
I Get It wrote:
Woops, Ltell ave near Wegmans. Does Wegmans have a garbage plate? Everything Wegmans does is good.
Wegmans fish fries are awful.
Not sure why they haven't figured it out.
Also, the Wegmans tartar sauce in the jar is terrible.

I would really like to have Palmers tartar sauce recipe.
Their fish is outstanding, also.

“WHERE BORN AN A-HOLE OR DID ”

Since: Mar 14

YOU WORK AT IT YOUR WHOLE LIFE

#22 Apr 3, 2014
Beer Batter Combo wrote:
I think Kithnos Seafood Mkt on N.Clinton (between 104 and E.Ridge Rd.) is awesome. Super huge amount of fish given. Great service, the lines are long during a Lenten Friday, but they go in a very smooth and quick pace.
Love their Crab sticks and the Bisque.
I've had Davies, they are good too, I actually like their cole slaw better than Kithnos, its sweeter.
But I once had their scallops dinner and I just couldnt finish it after about 4 pieces, not sure what was in the sauce, it was just goo.
In the old days, The Garage Door had the biggest piece of Haddock I ever had on a consistent basis, it hung off the plate at both ends.
Kithno's has good Hush Puppies.

#23 Apr 3, 2014
The man wrote:
<quoted text>
Wegmans fish fries are awful.
Not sure why they haven't figured it out.
Also, the Wegmans tartar sauce in the jar is terrible.
I would really like to have Palmers tartar sauce recipe.
Their fish is outstanding, also.
Have you ever tried Wegmans Meatloaf??? Literally the worst thing I have ever eaten. Indescribably awful..
Country Diner

Rochester, NY

#24 Apr 3, 2014
FTW Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Have you ever tried Wegmans Meatloaf??? Literally the worst thing I have ever eaten. Indescribably awful..
Whoever made the recipe for Wegman's meatloaf never put onions, pepper, bread crumbs or spices in the meat.

#25 Apr 3, 2014
Country Diner wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoever made the recipe for Wegman's meatloaf never put onions, pepper, bread crumbs or spices in the meat.
What they added to it I have no idea. It tasted nothing like any meatloaf I've ever had. I wouldn't even feed it to my dog. They added some kind of spices and seasoning because just egg and ground beef baked into a log would be leaps and bounds better tasting. Anyone I've ever heard try it says the same thing.
Bob

Rochester, NY

#26 Dec 26, 2014
Captain Jim's is my fave. When I used to work near Greece, Davies was also very good. But I live on the east side and Capt Jim's is just a couple minutes away. Honestly, I'd drive for it. Wonderful service (despite what that review up above said). Great food. During Lent, it's VERY busy. Heck, any Friday night it's VERY busy. Lotta good fish in town, but Captain Jim's is the penultimate!
Ezra

United States

#28 Dec 26, 2014
Oh you mean like a labor camp for the mentally ill?Should we put barbed-wire around it too?Medical "experiements" on them(lobotomys) to make them better.And the real sick ones we'll just...hmm going to need a Final Solution there buddy.You wouldn't have one in mind would ya?
Ezra

United States

#29 Dec 26, 2014
Oops!
Wrong thread...
Face palm
Ezra

United States

#30 Dec 26, 2014
But the fish is to die for!
Jokette

Brockport, NY

#31 Dec 26, 2014
Ezra wrote:
But the fish is to die for!
Come eat my fish, Ezra ;)p
Ezra

United States

#32 Dec 26, 2014
Ouch...
LOL
Ezra

United States

#33 Dec 26, 2014
Hmm....(thinking)
Jokette

Brockport, NY

#35 Dec 27, 2014
FURHONDA wrote:
<quoted text>
Rhonda thats about the most disgusting, sickening, pathetic thing I have ever seen posted on topix. Just the thought of touching you makes my skin crawl. I bet I have nightmares tonight.
As you're backdooring your fat wife. FU FUBO!

#36 Dec 29, 2014
I had a Kithno's fish fry this week because Capt. JIms was closed..... HORRIBLE.... Smelled and tasted like it sat under a radiator for a day before cooking.... The dog sniffed it and wouldn't even eat it. Never again
mateus

Buffalo, NY

#37 Sep 1, 2015
I Get It wrote:
Woops, Ltell ave near Wegmans. Does Wegmans have a garbage plate? Everything Wegmans does is good.
Not any more they're getting lazy.
Fish Fry Lover

Rochester, NY

#38 Oct 14, 2015
FTW Forever wrote:
Captain Jim's!! Hands down... Though there are a lot of good FF's around town
Sorry to bump up this old thread but I went to Kithnos seafood market recently, and I forgot how great their fish frys were. Haven't been there in ages! I have to put them up there!
Fish Fry Lover

Rochester, NY

#39 Oct 14, 2015
FTW Forever wrote:
I had a Kithno's fish fry this week because Capt. JIms was closed..... HORRIBLE.... Smelled and tasted like it sat under a radiator for a day before cooking.... The dog sniffed it and wouldn't even eat it. Never again
Must have had an off day. My fish fry was excellent! My only complaint was that they gave me way too much cole slaw! It was good, but I didn't and couldn't eat all of it!
South Wedge Agitator

Rochester, NY

#40 Apr 14, 2016
Add the Salvatore's on East Henrietta Rd(Sports Garden)....YMMV at othe locations....
troll hunter

Rochester, NY

#41 Apr 14, 2016
Jack's SS on Buffalo in Gates are very good, we get two almost every Friday.
If you are not into FF try their BBQ Ribs, they are great and very well priced.
CJS

East Rochester, NY

#42 Oct 28, 2016
I'm looking for a place that serves great breaded fish fry, as good as Jean's in Syracuse made when I was a kid. All I can find here in Rochester is battered fish. Too heavy, high caloric. Especially would like nearer Pittsford.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Two IEDs Detonated at Central Florida Mall 6 hr IescapedNY 6
Trump Shutdown...Day Three 7 hr DonnieTrump 5
Trump Shutdown Over 7 hr ThomasTheTrain 6
Trump Doesn't Like Black People. Period. 7 hr ThomasTheTrain 20
Rochester a Sanctuary City? 9 hr IescapedNY 20
My dad's birthday is saturday! 17 hr iescapedny 27
Schemer shutdown 18 hr IescapedNY 12

Rochester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance