Bullied Bus Monitor Karen Klein Rejects Apology From Tormentors

Jun 22, 2012 Read more: Lite 98.7 10
Karen Klein, the 68-year-old Rochester, New York area bus monitor who was viciously bullied by a group of middle school students in what became a shocking viral video , is making the media rounds. Read more
Wow

Irvine, CA

#1 Jun 22, 2012
Wesley Helm, Brandon Teng, Joshua Slesak and Luis Recio are the names of the young men.

Sad, sad, sad! At first I was livid. However, these boys - along with their families - are being tormented and will take a very very long time to recover. All they wanted was a little attention and notriety on youtube. Well, they got it all right! And some!

“Reality is settling in...”

Since: Nov 08

Stop sweating the small stuff.

#2 Jun 22, 2012
Just goes to show that Many times when one thinks they've gotten away with something....BAMM!!!! The light get shined and the covers get pulled off for all to see.

*Redemption
Rebecca

San Pablo, CA

#3 Jun 22, 2012
Does the phrase "Hitler Youth" mean anything to those who believe "All they wanted was a little attention and notriety on youtube." Anyone who actually listens to the video surely can see these boys are sociopaths and are dangerous.
Lloyd

Victor, NY

#4 Jun 22, 2012
Offering the names of these boys again, as Wow from San Pedro has (earlier comment) is certainly an example of another kind of bullying. These boys were very bad, but they didn't threaten a life, as apparently some calls to their homes have. Providing their names enables threats and is bullying.
allknowing

Rochester, NY

#5 Jun 22, 2012
These kids were wrong for taunting this woman the way they did. This is an example of children not being raised up properly. However; if you allow kids to punk you, they're going to. Mrs. Klein was the adult and the authority figure there, she somehow lost respect a long time ago. This is just the hand writing on the wall, as to what the world is coming to. And we are all to blame. People get bullied on their jobs all the time, and these are adults (by age only); and we expect our kids to behave better then some of us do. Get real people, you all are the problem.
shayshay 914

United States

#6 Jun 25, 2012
But they did threaten a life all those comments could have cost a life if she wouldn't have been a strong enough woman datz da point with all da anti-bullying campaigns
Straight_Shooter

Rochester, NY

#7 Jun 25, 2012
Wow wrote:
Wesley Helm, Brandon Teng, Joshua Slesak and Luis Recio are the names of the young men.
Sad, sad, sad! At first I was livid. However, these boys - along with their families - are being tormented and will take a very very long time to recover. All they wanted was a little attention and notriety on youtube. Well, they got it all right! And some!
Actually, they didnt post it on youtube. It was on one of their facebook accounts.
A fellow student who wasnt on their bus snagged the videos and put them on Youtube to expose them.
They werent smart enough to set their privacy settings.

Here is original Youtube posting and it says it isnt his video, he took it off a classmates facebook page


and there are 2 other videos of them mocking her, so this didnt happen on just one day.
Ha Ha

Iraq

#8 Jun 25, 2012
Lloyd wrote:
Offering the names of these boys again, as Wow from San Pedro has (earlier comment) is certainly an example of another kind of bullying. These boys were very bad, but they didn't threaten a life, as apparently some calls to their homes have. Providing their names enables threats and is bullying.
Those kids grew up without having to face the consiquences of thier actions ... not that they get a taste of it, hope they learn. before they get much older.

“Reality is settling in...”

Since: Nov 08

Stop sweating the small stuff.

#9 Jun 25, 2012
Straight_Shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, they didnt post it on youtube. It was on one of their facebook accounts.
A fellow student who wasnt on their bus snagged the videos and put them on Youtube to expose them.
They werent smart enough to set their privacy settings.
Here is original Youtube posting and it says it isnt his video, he took it off a classmates facebook page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =l93wAqnPQwkXX
and there are 2 other videos of them mocking her, so this didnt happen on just one day.
I knew this wasn't the first time Karen allowed this, she sat there like she was used to trying to ignore them. Plus, Her attackers were too comfortable with the level of disrespect. And i doubt if they have any remorse other than getting caught!
Straight_Shooter

Rochester, NY

#10 Jun 25, 2012
CapriceClassic wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew this wasn't the first time Karen allowed this, she sat there like she was used to trying to ignore them. Plus, Her attackers were too comfortable with the level of disrespect. And i doubt if they have any remorse other than getting caught!
I'll guarantee this happens on other buses too, both in the burbs and in the city, not just this one incident. And there are other abused bus monitors of all races, as well as young bullies.
These 4 kids were well known bullies in their school before this video happened. And I'll bet not the first time their parents have been involved or notified. You'll be seeing some of their names again in some incident within 5 yrs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brittanee Drexel: Five years missing (Apr '14) 2 hr Scorpion 9
News Teen Arrested in Transit Center Scuffle 4 hr Izzat Ibrahim al-... 35
Racist White Cop Gets to Quit Before Getting Fired 5 hr who dat 4
Break room ratings 5 hr Tommy Rules 226
Hillary Clinton Rumors 6 hr Hillary2020 2
Is 13WHAM Ever Going to Report the News without... 7 hr toothless britt m... 1
Hillary: "My grandparents were ALL immigrants."... 11 hr America is lost 9
More from around the web

Rochester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]