glock 9, sig sauer, bushmaster
Gun Nut Nation

Victor, NY

#21 Dec 17, 2012
WTF wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you don't pay attention to world news since in the Middle east they suicide bomb public places and kill people by the dozens weekly, or in Africa when one rebel group wants to take over the last rebel group and they go on to kill millions based on party affiliation,(Hutu,Tootsie,RUF) .
OR In the U.S where they massacre young children, teenagers and their own mothers on almost daily basis. Guns in America, yep. Civilized country, huh??
Bigfoot Researcher

Rochester, NY

#22 Dec 17, 2012
Authorities recovered three semi-automatic firearms next to Adam Lanza: a .223 caliber Bushmaster XM-15 rifle, a 10mm Glock handgun, and a 9mm SIG Sauer handgun. A shotgun was found in the car Lanza drove to the school. At home, Lanza "had access" to three more firearms: a .45 Henry repeating rifle, a .30 Enfield rifle, and a .22 Marlin rifle, but it is not clear where these weapons were. The weapons were legally owned by Lanza's mother, who is reported to have been a gun enthusiast. Authorities found a very large quantity of unused ammunition at the school. On December 16, police say Lanza used the rifle against most of the victims. According to the medical examiner, all victims were shot with the same "long weapon" and were hit multiple times. Adam Lanza was too young to legally own or carry handguns under Connecticut law.

She was a gun enthusiast and owned at least a dozen firearms. According to an acquaintance, she often took her two sons to a local shooting range. Her former sister-in-law, Marsha Lanza, said that Nancy stayed home to take care of Adam. Marsha Lanza also recalled that Nancy was a survivalist, who had turned her home into "a fortress" in which she was stockpiling guns and food to prepare for a possible apocalyptic event associated with the collapse of the economy.

Two days before the massacre, Lanza went to a sporting goods store in Danbury, Connecticut, and tried to buy a rifle. He was turned down because he did not want to undergo a background check or abide by the state's waiting period for gun sales.

Mrs. Lanza grew up on a farm in New Hampshire with a very gun oriented family. Her brother is currently a police officer in Exeter, NH.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#23 Dec 17, 2012
Steal City Stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
STFU. This so called mother was brainless to allow this level of dangerous guns in her home with a mentally disturbed person. One of the media outlets did say she had those guns to feel safe.
My point exactly ass eyes. She is dead. So tell me you fool, how the hell does the news media know what she had those guns for? You are the stupid fool that takes everything they hear from someone else and calls it the truth. She is dead, how the hell can anyone know what she felt or why she had the guns. Everything else anyone else says is nothing but hear say. If you don't believe that then I would like to let everyone know that "Steal City Stupid" is a complete fool and wets their pants every night when sleeping. There It was said and said on the internet so it must be true.
Steal City is Stupid

Victor, NY

#24 Dec 17, 2012
moneyman67 wrote:
<quoted text>
My point exactly ass eyes. She is dead. So tell me you fool, how the hell does the news media know what she had those guns for? You are the stupid fool that takes everything they hear from someone else and calls it the truth. She is dead, how the hell can anyone know what she felt or why she had the guns. Everything else anyone else says is nothing but hear say. If you don't believe that then I would like to let everyone know that "Steal City Stupid" is a complete fool and wets their pants every night when sleeping. There It was said and said on the internet so it must be true.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news...quit an eye opener.
The post above your ridiculously angry rant specifies that the mother stockpiled certain things. Only an idiot could not understand this woman lived in some type of fear in order to have such a stock pile of dangerous weapons. She lived in FEAR and assumed weapons made her safer!!! HELLO!!!!

Also, her sister in law stated this on National television.
Gun Control

Victor, NY

#25 Dec 17, 2012
moneyman67 wrote:
<quoted text>
well she certainly had many friends speak about this on national tv. i heard that with my own ears and seen it with my own eyes.

CapriceClassic

“Reality is settling in...”

Since: Nov 08

Stop sweating the small stuff.

#26 Dec 17, 2012
Let's see....shootings at Schools, Museums, Sikh Temples, Churches, Movie Theaters in the hood and the suburbs

.....are we safe anywhere from nutcases with high powered assault weapons ?

I don't think so.
Ha Ha

Fairport, NY

#27 Dec 17, 2012
CapriceClassic wrote:
Let's see....shootings at Schools, Museums, Sikh Temples, Churches, Movie Theaters in the hood and the suburbs
.....are we safe anywhere from nutcases with high powered assault weapons ?
I don't think so.
And NONE of those things would have gotten very far if ANY of the victims were carrying a gun to shoot back!

Why can't you see how the disarming of Americans is only putting us in danger? Our current criminal justice system operates on a "Catch and Release" program, and Criminals don't carry firearms legally. So that means the law abiding citizens are sitting ducks for criminals.
Hestons cold dead hands

Rochester, NY

#28 Dec 17, 2012
1998 Capitol Building attack. a nut with a .38 S&W gunned down and killed 2 armed Capitol Police officers. Did I mention both were armed?

You expect teachers or principals to be armed now? and what happens when one of them goes off the deep end? you wont prevent anything.

CapriceClassic

#29 Dec 17, 2012
Hestons cold dead hands wrote:
1998 Capitol Building attack. a nut with a .38 S&W gunned down and killed 2 armed Capitol Police officers. Did I mention both were armed?
You expect teachers or principals to be armed now? and what happens when one of them goes off the deep end? you wont prevent anything.
Thank you.
Ha Ha

Fairport, NY

#30 Dec 17, 2012
Hestons cold dead hands wrote:
And HOW did the capital building attack end?
One of the detectives was able to wound the shooter before he died! SO, You are making MY point for me! Thanks!!
Taking the guns away from the law abiding only leaves them defenseless against crooks WITH guns.

CapriceClassic

#31 Dec 17, 2012
Ha Ha wrote:
<quoted text>
And NONE of those things would have gotten very far if ANY of the victims were carrying a gun to shoot back!
Why can't you see how the disarming of Americans is only putting us in danger? Our current criminal justice system operates on a "Catch and Release" program, and Criminals don't carry firearms legally. So that means the law abiding citizens are sitting ducks for criminals.
Really? You truly believe that the children should arm themselves?
Lanza was not a "criminal", those guns were legal. Him and him nitwit mother were gun enthusiast.

(rolling eyes)
Yep...just what this country needs, more guns! Wild, wild west days.
Ha Ha

Fairport, NY

#32 Dec 17, 2012
CapriceClassic wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You truly believe that the children should arm themselves?
Lanza was not a "criminal", those guns were legal. Him and him nitwit mother were gun enthusiast.
(rolling eyes)
Yep...just what this country needs, more guns! Wild, wild west days.
Children, no ... Teachers, Yes.
and Lanza's guns were not legal. He shot his mother and took HER guns.

Lanza was a nut.
If he was gonna go on a rampage like this, a lack of available guns would not have slowed him.

He could could have done like Tim McVeigh and rigged his car to blow up and drive into the school.

He could acted like Fire Chief Bud Phillips and just set the place on fire.

He could have mixed ammonia & chlorine and put the mix in the air conditioner/heat ducts.

Where there is a will there is a way.
Truth

Livonia, NY

#33 Dec 17, 2012
Huh, the US is BELOW the world's average murder rate per capita.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countrie...

CapriceClassic

#34 Dec 17, 2012
Ha Ha wrote:
<quoted text>
Children, no ... Teachers, Yes.
and Lanza's guns were not legal. He shot his mother and took HER guns.
Lanza was a nut.
If he was gonna go on a rampage like this, a lack of available guns would not have slowed him.
He could could have done like Tim McVeigh and rigged his car to blow up and drive into the school.
He could acted like Fire Chief Bud Phillips and just set the place on fire.
He could have mixed ammonia & chlorine and put the mix in the air conditioner/heat ducts.
Where there is a will there is a way.
I disagree on numerous points:
My daughter works in the educational field as an administrator and has been a teaher. She would never be comfortable handling a gun. Many citizens feel this way, and should not be forced to handle one, they are not law enforcement individuals.
The firearms Adam had were legal. They belonged to his dimwitted mother. Unlike a teenager in the hood, where those firearms come from unknown sources. True, if a mentally unstable nutcase wants to do harm, he will find a way.

CapriceClassic

#35 Dec 17, 2012
Truth wrote:
Huh, the US is BELOW the world's average murder rate per capita.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countrie...
via firearms?
Ha Ha

Fairport, NY

#36 Dec 17, 2012
CapriceClassic wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree on numerous points:
My daughter works in the educational field as an administrator and has been a teaher. She would never be comfortable handling a gun. Many citizens feel this way, and should not be forced to handle one, they are not law enforcement individuals.
The firearms Adam had were legal. They belonged to his dimwitted mother. Unlike a teenager in the hood, where those firearms come from unknown sources. True, if a mentally unstable nutcase wants to do harm, he will find a way.
Okay ... I understand that your daughter might not be comfortable. But it is easier for her to get comfortable handling a gun than for her to learn to dodge a bullet.

and just because the pistols were on his mothers pistol permit does not make it legal for him to carry. If in some unlikely event a cop stopped him before the attack, he would have been arrested for carrying an illegal firearm.
Tec Nine

Victor, NY

#37 Dec 18, 2012
Ha Ha wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay ... I understand that your daughter might not be comfortable. But it is easier for her to get comfortable handling a gun than for her to learn to dodge a bullet.
and just because the pistols were on his mothers pistol permit does not make it legal for him to carry. If in some unlikely event a cop stopped him before the attack, he would have been arrested for carrying an illegal firearm.
and his moms should have been charged too. When you grow up in the "hood" you become street wise knowing how to handle yourself becoming aware of dangers. Many are walking around with a false sense of security in the suburban neighborhoods with criminal and dangerous high powered killing machines. I bet this changes their fairy tale lifestyle.
Why is this spam here

Fairport, NY

#38 Dec 18, 2012
Okay, Your sentence structure has left me wondering what is it you are trying to say ...
Tec Nine wrote:
<quoted text>
When you grow up in the "hood" you become street wise knowing how to handle yourself becoming aware of dangers.
Are you saying that they don't need to carry a gun because they have spider sense?
Tec Nine wrote:
<quoted text>
Many are walking around with a false sense of security in the suburban neighborhoods with criminal and dangerous high powered killing machines.
Because they have thier spidie sense? or because they have a gun?
Tec Nine wrote:
<quoted text> I bet this changes their fairy tale lifestyle.
Who's fairy tale? the folks in the hood? the rich people with the guns or your poor writing skills?
Nick Jr

United States

#39 Dec 18, 2012
Gun sales are way up with OBuma in office.
Tec Nine

Victor, NY

#40 Dec 18, 2012
Tec Nine wrote:
<quoted text>
and his moms should have been charged too. When you grow up in the "hood" you become street wise knowing how to handle yourself becoming aware of dangers. Many are walking around with a false sense of security in the suburban neighborhoods with criminal and dangerous high powered killing machines. I bet this changes their fairy tale lifestyle.
Let's get a clue:

-You don't carry money in your purse. The purse can be snatched.
-Turn your diamonds around on your rings, hide necklaces behind your blouse/shirt. Or just don't put on jewelry until arrival at the destination.
-You don't run towards gun fire, you seek cover especially if you are not armed.
-You are always aware of your surroundings.
-You don't falsely believe that just because you have an arsenal of dangerous weapons, you are safe. The mother dispelled that myth.

These are just a few common sense safety measures people who live in big cities with high crime rates are taught.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
An Oscar for Moonlight? 50 min IescapedNY 2
Tyquan Rivera Back In Jail On A Parole Violation. 1 hr IescapedNY 1
IescapedNY Special Weekend Deal 2 hr IescapedNY 17
Crime Rates For Lakeland FL And Rochester NY 2 hr IescapedNY 5
Fake IescapedNY Florida edition posts... 3 hr IescapedNY 5
Lakeland, FL Crime Statistics - Not Good At All 3 hr IescapedNY 11
16 year old boy fires shot at officer. 4 hr IescapedNY 4

Rochester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance