Woman arrested for promoting prostitu...

Woman arrested for promoting prostitution in Greece

There are 38 comments on the WHEC-TV Rochester, NY story from Jan 15, 2009, titled Woman arrested for promoting prostitution in Greece. In it, WHEC-TV Rochester, NY reports that:

Greece Police tell News 10 NBC that they made an arrest yesterday of a 38-year-old woman at the Tub and Tan location at 691 Ling Road in Greece for promoting prostitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHEC-TV Rochester, NY.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
City Res

Batavia, NY

#1 Jan 15, 2009
"""Police have had an ongoing investigation into that location for a quite some time""""
Yah, there investigating to see what girl gives them the best "happy ending".
City Res

Batavia, NY

#2 Jan 15, 2009
Why are they not giving her name? If she was a city resident they would have released her name.
nick

Batavia, NY

#3 Jan 15, 2009
Well prostitution is very well excepted by the town of greece. their are many places you can goto on ridge road for prostitutes. Hey its a joke at most local bars PUJA"S is one of the more popular one right next to elite. thier is not a bar in the are that doesnt joke about these places.
But apparently the guy who shot the african american or the off duty RPD officer who was publicly cleared in his actions before and investigation by the RPD was the boyfriend of the girl being held up. i diret conflict of interest. an officer would never be called out to a crime being commited at his own home it is a conflict of interest. when you become personally invovled in a case you need to be removed. the proper course of action for this officer would have been to call the police. since he was not working and not in the area that he did serve. he was outside of his jurastiction were he was trained.
sloyer from greece

Rochester, NY

#4 Jan 15, 2009
In October, seven funeral home directors linked to the scheme pleaded guilty in New York City to undisclosed charges and agreed to cooperate with investigators. They included the director of a funeral home that took parts from the body of “Masterpiece Theatre” host Alistair Cooke, who died in 2004, defense attorneys say.

Biomedical Tissue Services operated its only satellite office in the Rochester suburb of Brighton and paid funeral homes a standard fee of around $1,000 to lawfully harvest body parts.

The indictment alleges that employees Darlene Deats, 46; Kevin Vickers, 53; Nicholas Sloyer, 34 of Greece, NY; and Kirssy Knapp, 29, removed bone and tissue from 36 corpses in 2005 without getting the proper consent.
funny business

Rochester, NY

#5 Jan 15, 2009
now we all know that hookers work on the streets, from their homes via the web, and in rub and tug locations like the ten in greece...but what i find funny is that the rpd officer was dating a hooker. i find that so hilarious that these men and women are supposed to be promoting safe sexual practices and he is dating a hooker. priceless rochester
Spitfire

Macedon, NY

#6 Jan 15, 2009
Hey Nick, just so you can be smarter, here is some information you can use. You have a right to speak your mind however police are on duty 24/7 . Paid or not they are sworn to protect serve. I bet if it were you getting your head pistol whipped you love to have a cop save your butt on duty or not. He faced the jerk with no regard for his life but to protect someone else from harm. yes he would have done it for you too. You do write well though...
Rob

New York, NY

#7 Jan 15, 2009
Nick, I find your comment completely off base. Nevermind the fact that it took several minutes to even figure out what you wrote because there is no sentence structure and so many words were mispelled. Try a dictionary or a spell checker next time. Anyway, from what I gather from your post, if someone close to you was being assaulted, you would turn away because it would be a conflict of interest to help someone you know? He should have just sat there and watch the event unfold? Somehow, I think, that if he did that you would be the first person making comments about his failure to act. That comment you wrote speaks volumes of your general hatred for the police and your complete ignorance to the facts of the incident and the duties of a police offcier.
Rob

New York, NY

#8 Jan 15, 2009
Where... WHERE! is it ever mentioned that the officer was dating a prostitute. 10NBC decides to make a comment about problems or suspicions at this business from the past (which was completely irresponsible of them) and you decide to jump to the conclusion that his girlfriend is a prostitute. That's real nice. Another ignorant individual heard from with an axe to grind with the police.
funny business wrote:
now we all know that hookers work on the streets, from their homes via the web, and in rub and tug locations like the ten in greece...but what i find funny is that the rpd officer was dating a hooker. i find that so hilarious that these men and women are supposed to be promoting safe sexual practices and he is dating a hooker. priceless rochester
Bobby Hill

Hamilton, Canada

#9 Jan 15, 2009
Nick = cop hater.

Probably has a criminal record, or is a family member of the scumbag who got what he deserved at Elite...
nick

Batavia, NY

#11 Jan 15, 2009
you said it all spit fire i would love that kind of protection. but even though i would like that protection i would not like it if someone broke the law by given it. and when a police officer is off duty he is still on duty then they are subject to the rules and regulations of a police officer even when off duty. so now it wasnt an off duty officer in your accordence. so why was this officer undercover. isnt an officer who is at his level supposed to wear a uniform so people can identify them. you are getting into a very scary place spitfire very scary. undercover cops from differnt jurastictions policing area they do not have the training of criminal code in. again i am not justifing the actions of these bruts. but i would not justify the actions of anyone unless i had all the information. the rochester police department did just that two wrongs dont make a right
nick

Batavia, NY

#12 Jan 15, 2009
bobby thank you for the attack, but i do not have a criminal record and i do not hate police by any means. i have freinds and family that serve. and i am a verterian of the us army who served dring time of war.

i am agaisnt crime and do not want to see it happen.
i do not want to see people that are there to protect and serve commit crimes either. esp when again the rochester police department publicly announce that the officers actions were justified before an investigation was made
that is misconduct
nick

Batavia, NY

#13 Jan 15, 2009
rob, alot of assumptions their alot of assumptions. yup by the way i cant spell or write in complete sentence form. i have dangling participles all over the place. i end my sentences all wrong too. have you ever noticed that when ever someone has an opininion other then support for the RPD grammer is attacked. hmmm i wonder about that. But even though my paragraph was incoherient you were still able to come up with some conclusions on your own. apparently you understood it.
the rochester police department informed the public that the officer was justified in his actions before an investigation was preformed.(which was completely irresponsible of them)
nick

Batavia, NY

#14 Jan 15, 2009
rob the police do not need a crime to invade only suspect. if the police department can act on suspision why cant the public do the same. do the police in the city of rochester not follow the same laws as the public the serve
Rob

New York, NY

#15 Jan 15, 2009
WHAT????? A crime to INVADE?? what?!?!?! You are one very ignorant individual.
nick wrote:
rob the police do not need a crime to invade only suspect. if the police department can act on suspision why cant the public do the same. do the police in the city of rochester not follow the same laws as the public the serve
david

Rochester, NY

#16 Jan 15, 2009
cops and hookers are a perfect match...how many rpd officers have been sexually active with prostitutes ? possibly 100% of the male officers have, but it may only be 96%
Tom C

Clifton Springs, NY

#17 Jan 15, 2009
Police have had an ongoing investigation into that location for a quite some time. This is just a cover up to show that Greece is taking action. It is a joke? According to R News the attorney of the owner of Elite and Tub and Tan states that "There are a variety of people that go into those establishments including employees of the Town of Greece and public officials. There's nothing wrong with it,". SO HOW MANY TOWN OFFICIALS AND POLICE GO IN HERE KNOWING ITS PROSTITUTION? DO THE GET FREE SERVICES FOR PROTECTION AND FOR LETTING THEM OPERATE? HOW CAN POLICE ARREST THESE GIRLS WHEN THEY USE THE SERVICES?
mike

Webster, NY

#18 Jan 15, 2009
hey stupid nick...stop trying to sound like you know the law....why dont you google new york state penal law and article 35... if you are smart enough to comprehend the reading you will feel quite stupid for all of your above posts.
nick

Batavia, NY

#19 Jan 15, 2009
your wrong mike but attack as much as you like. rob invading can be a crime
I TEAM ME

Norristown, PA

#20 Jan 15, 2009
NICK, YOU'RE A BAFFOON...PLEASE STFU!

anyway i feel soooo much safer now in greece. a rub & tug taken down...lol

we have got to be the most sexually oppressed country on the planet! hahahahahaha

next it'll be some "dangerous pothead" kids raided for an ounce of pot and it'll be a huge drug bust. the media will report the "drugs" confiscated be worth a hundred thousand dollars.

:rolleyes:
lori

Webster, NY

#21 Jan 15, 2009
greece sucks just like the cops. so the bust the same place the rpd cop killed someone?? makes no sense.. greece cops are dirty..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I don't want women posting here 5 min Bruce popper 1
Perfect peed on a kid 6 min Bruce popper 1
I'm glad I'm ruining this forum for you all 10 min Bruce popper 1
Bill Cosby Hosting Rape Seminars 15 min Bruce popper 4
Bruce Popper Has Ruined Roch Forum 17 min Bruce popper 3
Reality, haha is village idiot 53 min FUBO 21
News Chief Ciminelli: Increased security for Jazz Fe... 1 hr IescapedNY 5

Rochester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance