New procedure cuts down on time and expense of dental implants

There are 8 comments on the WHEC-TV Rochester, NY story from Jan 3, 2008, titled New procedure cuts down on time and expense of dental implants. In it, WHEC-TV Rochester, NY reports that:

A local dentist is giving people who don't smile much a reason to. A new procedure can cut down on the amount of time and the expense of dental implants.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHEC-TV Rochester, NY.

doc smiley

Victor, NY

#2 Jan 5, 2008
this procedure is NOT new. You should speak to our dentist if you are considering implants most people can still get a comfortable prosthesis with only placing to implants and placing a "snap" inside you denture. THe cost about $5,000, not $15-$20K.
Smiley

AOL

#3 Jan 6, 2008
doc smiley wrote:
this procedure is NOT new. You should speak to our dentist if you are considering implants most people can still get a comfortable prosthesis with only placing to implants and placing a "snap" inside you denture. THe cost about $5,000, not $15-$20K.
The difference is Doc, that the proceedure they are talking is about is the newer mini implants..... no incision in the gums, no stiches, no bone grafts , and the new teeth are permenantly implanted. I had it done and it's worth every penny.
Maxwell

Troy, NY

#4 Feb 7, 2008
I am having that done

Getting my teeth pulled tomorrow. Wish me luck
Maxwell

Troy, NY

#5 Feb 8, 2008
Teeth are gone and immediate are in. I took 2 vics so no pain but it was starting.
Just a little heads up.

I cant speak that well but for being in for a little over an hour I am not doing all that bad.
Maxwell

Troy, NY

#6 Feb 9, 2008
Had a gagging problem. Called the dentist and he met me at his office today. It was the lower inner denture and the back of the top one.
Still gag a little bit but going back monday after work to get them adjusted again.
Maxwell

Troy, NY

#7 Feb 10, 2008
Anyone reading this?
JohnD

Henrietta, NY

#8 Mar 14, 2008
Maxwell wrote:
Anyone reading this?
I am Maxwell, and very interested in how it is going, since I am looking into it getting it done myself.
Tell me about maintenance of your new chompers, and how things are going. Pain?, discomfiture? Difficulty eating/speaking? Or is there basically a brief period of adjustment.

“My POV”

Since: Feb 08

Rochester area

#9 Mar 15, 2008
Maxwell wrote:
Anyone reading this?
It's been a month now, how are you doing with them? Would you recommend this procedure for others? Hope you're still smiling!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Birds of a feather flock together. 11 min Bluelink88 1
Truth erased on Topix 45 min Rhondas Friend 6
Over/Under on black shootings this holiday week... 48 min Rhondas Friend 5
Local Police Officer Honored Rescuing Child 53 min PhukTheRPD 1
Teraysah Barker the trash of Rochester 4 hr FUBO 1
Oh the Irony 9 hr no more TLC 2
The VERBAKEL EFFECT 10 hr Duggar boy caught 36
More from around the web

Rochester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE