Irondequoit Seeks to Ban Boating in t...

Irondequoit Seeks to Ban Boating in the Bay and Lake

Posted in the Rochester Forum

First Prev
of 26
Next Last
Ann Kerrzaway

United States

#1 Apr 9, 2012
This proposes new lower speed limits on the bay and lake, prohibits anchoring and mooring of boats, etc. Essentially makes it pointless to boat in the area.

http://www.irondequoit.org/images/TownBoard/2...

“Lovin' you is fuuu-uuun...”

Since: Apr 09

drop the puck, Ref...

#2 Apr 9, 2012
that's their way of saying they're sick of the eyetalians with their Donzi boats all linked together like a Hefner orgy.
nice for businesses in the area that cater to boaters, eh?
keep raising taxes, making STUPID rules on waters that affect boaters ONLY.
and they wonder why they can't get tax money from the Congel's.
I'm glad Webster's board isn't all infatuated with themselves like Irondequoit's.
Then again, we have Bill Mayer on OUR side of the bay.

“STOP PLAYING THE RACE CARD”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#3 Apr 9, 2012
Websters Town board is just as incompetent. But they don't have a stict Town Code either like Irondequoit does. Webster just a couple of months ago passed an ordinance about unregistered vehicles on private property, what the hell took them so long.

Nesbitt is one of the biggest clowns going, I'm surprised anyone else can fit in the room with his ego being so inflamed.

drop the puck, Ref...

#4 Apr 9, 2012
but, taxes are stable, controlled development above rte 104 and no ridiculous boating laws.
I wonder how long it will take for that dumb developer to put his helicopter in the drink.
will we then have Irondequoit Bay flying rules, finally?
Ann Kerrzaway

United States

#5 Apr 9, 2012
Instead of promoting boating and tourism, we restrict it. This is really about a handful of homeowners next to Marges trying to privitize their shoreline and beach. If you don't like boats, maybe you shouldn't own waterfront property.

drop the puck, Ref...

#6 Apr 9, 2012
I think it's worse than that.
I think somebody from Rock Beach got a hard-on from too many folks frolicking in the sun and surf.
Or, they just want that first 450' for themselves.
Unreal.
we're going straight down the shitter, and cousin Eddie won't be there to empty it Clark.
not surprised

United States

#8 Apr 9, 2012
i_m_watching wrote:
that's their way of saying they're sick of the eyetalians with their Donzi boats all linked together like a Hefner orgy.
nice for businesses in the area that cater to boaters, eh?
keep raising taxes, making STUPID rules on waters that affect boaters ONLY.
and they wonder why they can't get tax money from the Congel's.
I'm glad Webster's board isn't all infatuated with themselves like Irondequoit's.
Then again, we have Bill Mayer on OUR side of the bay.
Why you gotta single out italians?
Mayhem Like Me

Rochester, NY

#9 Apr 9, 2012
They brought this vote up WITHOUT any input from any residents. Quick, shady and underhanded. This should've been adjourned for more research and have residents speak.
This was done to prevent boaters from anchoring and partying offshore from Marge's.
not surprised

United States

#10 Apr 9, 2012
Uh ohh looks like more than one board member owns waterfront in that area. Making rules to benefit themselves directly..hmmmm .....conflict of interest?

A certain attorney on the board should know that
Mayhem Like Me

Rochester, NY

#11 Apr 9, 2012
Good luck enforcing this law Irondequoit, you dont have your own police boat or jet ski. How long before they make a request for a brand new one?
They would have to have the Sherrif's boat or Coast Guard do this for them.

Location hidden

#12 Apr 9, 2012
That's the problem with waterfront residents, they think they own the entire lake and Bay. Homeowners on the Lake Ontario waterfront down by Sea Breeze get pissed when people walk in the water in front of their place, now they want to keep the boats away....LMAO but this one is a joke.
Ann Kerrzaway

United States

#13 Apr 9, 2012
not surprised wrote:
Uh ohh looks like more than one board member owns waterfront in that area. Making rules to benefit themselves directly..hmmmm .....conflict of interest?
A certain attorney on the board should know that
The town board is trying to claim ownership of the lake and beach for their "special board member" and his closest friends. The resolution allows for lakeshore residents and up to three of their "guests" to tie their boats together / anchor in that area, but not others. Don't we all pay taxes? They don't own the lake. Corrupt government at its finest.
kenworthw900a

East Haven, CT

#14 Apr 9, 2012
This and that. Close it open it. Kill it save it. Right or wrong, it doesn't matter, its all about money and who gets the biggest raise and paycheck at the end of the week. Nobody cares what the long term effect is, no one thinks of coming to agreement in the middle its all about WHAT will generate the most money
kenworthw900a

East Haven, CT

#15 Apr 10, 2012
The_ Patriot_USA wrote:
That's the problem with waterfront residents, they think they own the entire lake and Bay. Homeowners on the Lake Ontario waterfront down by Sea Breeze get pissed when people walk in the water in front of their place, now they want to keep the boats away....LMAO but this one is a joke.
I have to chime in and agree about these rich people thinking they own everything here's a perfect example. I live in a rural town on east side of ROC. I live next door to a dairy, wheat and corn farm/ field that has been operating since the 1920's. A few years ago a family purchased a lot to build a house (a 1.5 million dollar house to be exact, with 11 acers, 4 car garage and house looks like a damn hotel) mabey quarter mile down road across the street. The few past summers they have been complaining to the town to dothe something about the smell of cow manure, the engine of the farm equipment, and dirt in the street from tractors, also the shot shells to call the cows in.. they came to my house and ask me to sign a piece of paper saying its a petition to do something about this farm. I shut my door as did all my neighbors. Now who do you think you are and where do you think you live, you knew damn well there was a cow farm, and farms all in the area when you built you million dollars waste of space, same story for a rich bastard built a house next to a vineyard that's been there forever, complaind about farmer spraying ENVIRONMENTLE FRIENDLY pesticides on crops... really you dumb f%%% what did you expect that they just grow and don't need attention.. and just because you got money, you think you can pay someone to make it go away. Use that money and by yourself a brain, stupid rich people thinking money can buy/ change every and anything thing.
not surprised

United States

#16 Apr 10, 2012
Where is Berkley Brean when you need him?

This looks like a town govt that is of by and for itself.
David Andreatta for Mayor

United States

#17 Apr 10, 2012
These new laws are crazy and give "ownership" rights of the lake 450' to the lakefront homeowners, and exclude all other taxpayers. It will allow each lakefront owner and 3 of their friends the right to anchor and swim in the area, but no one else. Boaters with small kids now will be forced to have their kids swim 450' out in deep water. I sure hope the town board understands that the first toddler drowning resulting from this will hold the board members and the town liable

Location hidden

#18 Apr 10, 2012
Yeah that's because Irondequoit doesn't want to use the current regulation that homeowners only own to the high water mark. Now they want to push ownership farther out into the water which is BS.
David Andreatta for Mayor

United States

#19 Apr 10, 2012
The_ Patriot_USA wrote:
Yeah that's because Irondequoit doesn't want to use the current regulation that homeowners only own to the high water mark. Now they want to push ownership farther out into the water which is BS.
I agree, and think its all because:
1. A certain LARGE bar owner hates boats. Why? Probably because she lives across the channel in Webster and hates when the swing bridge opens. It makes it a longer commute home, especially after a few shots and cans of beer. She also hates that the people in boats have their own drinks on board, and don't buy her over-priced drinks.
2. Certain town board members have close ties to that certain LARGE bar owner, and/or own waterfront property, and/or also have friends & relatives that own waterfront property. They want to make the area their own private oasis.
not surprised

Sebastopol, CA

#20 Apr 10, 2012
The_ Patriot_USA wrote:
Yeah- its funny because most of their homes are located or built just at or over the 100 year high water mark.

They have absolutely no more rights to the beach than any NY state resident.- thats a fact
Large Marge

United States

#21 Apr 10, 2012
not surprised wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah- its funny because most of their homes are located or built just at or over the 100 year high water mark.
They have absolutely no more rights to the beach than any NY state resident.- thats a fact
They invest all sorts of money rebuilding the shacks, and then decide they don't like others using THE LAKE!!! This all started because they tried to illegally post no trespassing signs along the beach to keep boaters away, which was completely unenforceable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 26
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wease picks his fights (Jul '15) 12 hr Slammed 632
Why Are Liberal Democrats Getting So Nervous Ab... 15 hr HA ha 54
Make America Strong and Safe Again! 19 hr Ah aH 66
Greece cops arrest lady for taking video of an ... Mon HA HA 11
Agitators Sun Ha Ha 62
rochester christian church ministries is a cult... (Oct '07) Sun just joe 97
Major Assult Weapons Bust in Henrietta Sun Bruce TransJenner 19
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rochester Mortgages