City plowing

The snow may not be falling from the sky, but there's still plenty of it covering the roads. Read more
Snowed in too

United States

#1 Dec 23, 2008
I wish when people shovel out their driveways, they would not toss it in the street. Just after the snowplow comes down the street, there are all these piles back in the street from inconsiderate people who think they can just toss the snow back out "for the cars to run over and mush down"!!

The plow drivers work hard to make the streets passable and these people just make it impassable again.
Depy

Rochester, NY

#2 Dec 23, 2008
This is horrible writing.
Ann Koral

Pittsford, NY

#3 Dec 23, 2008
You know it's been that way for too many years. My family and I had enough room to park 4 cars plus in our driveway and they still didn't come through and plow on a regular basis. The city has always had excuses not to plow and keep the snow off the side streets. And I mean for the better part of a week or more. So don't tell me it's the citizens stopping them. It's not. Not the only excuse.
nick

Batavia, NY

#4 Dec 23, 2008
Rochester city leaders have a warning for all of you parking on side streets; dig out your snowbound vehicles or face tickets and possible towing.

WOW when did it become acceptable for public servants to treaten the citizens they are they to serve. when there plows bury their cars sometimes people are not capable of getting them out on thier own. you have taken away the whole reason for plowing in the first place to help citizns, now by helping citizens they are threatend by officals openly WOW WOW WOW. I bet the officals that allow plows to barricade citizens in dont have these problems. or they can just pay someone to have it done. WOW when did are government become so outwardly aggressive?

“The Wise One”

Since: Sep 07

The Heart of the Heartland

#5 Dec 23, 2008
The sidewalks are full of snow and impassable..
Everyone walks in the street..
Perhaps the city should stop wasting money on the sidewalk plowing contracts...
The contractors do a crappy job...
Biracial

Paris, France

#6 Jan 19, 2014
The city should clear the snow better!
who iz me

Rochester, NY

#7 Jan 19, 2014
Biracial wrote:
The city should clear the snow better!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =I84ORrbTouQXX
Do I smell a posting Rat? I do know Biracial was posting from the USA earlier today and he has never mentioned a private jet?
He always accuses me of being every poster he does not like. Being the decent guy I am I must come to his defense on this one.
Losers don't post under others names.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lia Lando / 10WHEC (Jan '11) 2 hr PigPenBestFriend 162
3 time White Drunk Driver Doesn't Show Up to Ge... 2 hr WeCantBreathe 1
Overweight White Girl Steals a Workout DVD 2 hr WeCantBreathe 2
Nickbo13 cancels key note speech in Indiana ove... 2 hr nickbo13 1
Break room ratings 3 hr Semper Fi Forever 165
News Explosion/Fire in East Rochester 13 hr jamebazer 2
News Woman suffers from overdose, man arrested for i... (Mar '09) 13 hr jamebazer 13
Rochester Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Rochester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]