Mayor Lovely Has Not Spoken to RPD Chief Yet

Posted in the Rochester Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 24 Comments Last updated Nov 8, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Edwin

Penfield, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Nov 7, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

On Channel 8 News (Thurs, 5:30), Mayor-elect Lovely was asked about her views on community policing (which seem to be diametrically opposed to the Chief's current methodology). She cited some plans being used in other cities, and insisted she needs to clamp down on the "open air opium markets" in the hood.

When asked if she was having dialog with the Chief, she indicated she has not spoken to (with) him yet. Hope he is updating his resume. She was not enthusiastic about the department's current focus.
The man

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Nov 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The current focus is to round-up and arrest the perps.
I guess Warren's focus will be to open the jail and let the brothers out.
The city is in BIG trouble without Chief Moore.
Edwin

Penfield, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

She is advocating 12 hr days, 3 on, 3 off for RPD. Evidently, this will slash crime. She got the idea from NYSP.

Crooks should be thinking about moving. It's a new day. Crime will be vanquished.
Ben

Laguna Niguel, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The Chief is so fired.
TheFakeBarnhart

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Nov 7, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

She should talk to him, she's not mayor yet.
Chief Uncle Tom is Richards boy and she shouldn't interfere. I'm sure her first week on the job she will sit down and talk to Chief Uncle Tom.

Maybe she will then ask him to restate his views on the rpd pepper-spraying black kids on the way to school, and rpd beating up black man in a wheel chair with no legs, and the rpd punching a pregnant lady in the head, and rpd lying about a black man running a stop sign to illegally search him??
TheFakeBarnhart

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Nov 7, 2013
 
****shouldn't talk to him yet

“"Trust no one"”

Since: Jul 13

Drive it, like you stole it

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Nov 7, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Big Mamma Meatsnacks doesn't have clue!!

“"Trust no one"”

Since: Jul 13

Drive it, like you stole it

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Nov 7, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

TheFakeBarnhart wrote:
She should talk to him, she's not mayor yet.
Chief Uncle Tom is Richards boy and she shouldn't interfere. I'm sure her first week on the job she will sit down and talk to Chief Uncle Tom.
Maybe she will then ask him to restate his views on the rpd pepper-spraying black kids on the way to school, and rpd beating up black man in a wheel chair with no legs, and the rpd punching a pregnant lady in the head, and rpd lying about a black man running a stop sign to illegally search him??
I'll give you the rest, but the young punks getting sprayed got what they should. The whole downtown school busing has been a fiasco from day one. It was always chaos downtown when school got out. Nothing but trouble after 3:00. Busing them downtown is a proven failure. Just loitering,smoking blunts, and fighting.
Bart

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Nov 7, 2013
 
Just let them run wild with no jail time. Cut the police force as well.
TheFakeBarnhart

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Nov 7, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

The kids were pepper-sprayed in the morning when they were trying to get to school, all of the kids were sprayed regardless of what they were doing, even young girls with school books in hand.
TheFakeBarnhart

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Nov 7, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

I've been at the liberty pool several times after school time, and never had a problem, never saw a problem. I guess you gotta be a white suburban to be scared of soo many blacks in the same area.
Kwame Najo Tetteh

Astoria, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Nov 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Should've listened to Alex White. Even though he looked like the biggest Magic: The Gathering geek within a 1000 mile radius and spoke horribly, he had BY FAR the best plan for this city.

“"Trust no one"”

Since: Jul 13

Drive it, like you stole it

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Nov 7, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

TheFakeBarnhart wrote:
The kids were pepper-sprayed in the morning when they were trying to get to school, all of the kids were sprayed regardless of what they were doing, even young girls with school books in hand.
The time of day is not an issue. A couple of trouble makers who where being unruly got sprayed ad it was justified. A few others getting some wind wash from the spray is inconsequential. Whole group of kids. Give me a break. It was a few trouble makers and the rest were idiots who instead of backing away decided to stick around for the shit show and got a little spray blown on them.

“"Trust no one"”

Since: Jul 13

Drive it, like you stole it

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Nov 7, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

TheFakeBarnhart wrote:
I've been at the liberty pool several times after school time, and never had a problem, never saw a problem. I guess you gotta be a white suburban to be scared of soo many blacks in the same area.
Try a city resident. You don't see any problems because to you foul language,blunt smoke and fighting is just normal street behavior . If you don't see fights,baggies,and cigar guts and smell blunts then your not at Liberty Pole during the day. I am. In fact most of the time you see the cops standing around allowing it. Probably because if they do, people like you and your Lovely Warrens and Adam McFaddens cry racism . You mistake scared with annoyed.
TheFakeBarnhart

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Nov 7, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

FTW Yall wrote:
<quoted text>The time of day is not an issue. A couple of trouble makers who where being unruly got sprayed ad it was justified. A few others getting some wind wash from the spray is inconsequential. Whole group of kids. Give me a break. It was a few trouble makers and the rest were idiots who instead of backing away decided to stick around for the shit show and got a little spray blown on them.
You are the one who made the time an issue.
Obviously you didn't watch the video, kids were sprayed for no reason for doing nothing.
They were on the way to school and couldn't because they were pepper-sprayed.
Steel City Steelers

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Nov 7, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

FTW Yall wrote:
<quoted text>Try a city resident. You don't see any problems because to you foul language,blunt smoke and fighting is just normal street behavior . If you don't see fights,baggies,and cigar guts and smell blunts then your not at Liberty Pole during the day. I am. In fact most of the time you see the cops standing around allowing it. Probably because if they do, people like you and your Lovely Warrens and Adam McFaddens cry racism . You mistake scared with annoyed.
Exactly, but all Crotchety "sees" is what she has brainwashed herself into believing. If Lovely wants to "crack" down on the open air drug market, how is that any different from the plan currently in place? It isn't. I wonder how long it will take Crotchety to be calling Lovely names once she realizes having a black mayor isn't going to up her EBT or hire all black cops even if they aren't the least bit qualified. I give it less than a year.
catch a cracker

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Nov 7, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

3

TheFakeBarnhart wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one who made the time an issue.
Obviously you didn't watch the video, kids were sprayed for no reason for doing nothing.
They were on the way to school and couldn't because they were pepper-sprayed.
Exactly, but all nickbo and lonsberry see is that somehow Lovely who hasn't even started the job yet is somehow to blame for everything, completely forgetting the their Richards buddie has down nothing.

“"Trust no one"”

Since: Jul 13

Drive it, like you stole it

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Nov 7, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

TheFakeBarnhart wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one who made the time an issue.
Obviously you didn't watch the video, kids were sprayed for no reason for doing nothing.
They were on the way to school and couldn't because they were pepper-sprayed.
I've seen video of on news and internet ad saw nothing contrary to what I described.
Also, I ever made time a specific issue, you did. What because I used the after school time of day as an example that means my point is invalid because this incident happened on the way to instead of away from school??? Are different kids getting bused to school than are getting bused home from school?? Damn it Rhonda, quit being so absurd???
Steel City Steelers

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Nov 7, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

2

catch a cracker wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, but all nickbo and lonsberry see is that somehow Lovely who hasn't even started the job yet is somehow to blame for everything, completely forgetting the their Richards buddie has down nothing.
How many cocktails have you had this evening, Crotchety? I see you have Nickbo on the brain again, huh? You'll be calling her Aunt Jemima before her term is up. I have no doubt about that. That part you just don't get about any of it is that if the members of the community want to continue to act like animals and not change for the better, then NOTHING will get better no matter WHO is mayor, police chief, etc. etc. NOTHING will save the city of Rochester. It's only going to get worse. The few decent people left will flock to area suburbs.

“"Trust no one"”

Since: Jul 13

Drive it, like you stole it

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Nov 7, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Steel City Steelers wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly, but all Crotchety "sees" is what she has brainwashed herself into believing. If Lovely wants to "crack" down on the open air drug market, how is that any different from the plan currently in place? It isn't. I wonder how long it will take Crotchety to be calling Lovely names once she realizes having a black mayor isn't going to up her EBT or hire all black cops even if they aren't the least bit qualified. I give it less than a year.
Oh I'm sure she will become an Uncle To...err...Aunt Tomika (sounds about right) soon enough...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Civic Center garage 34 min south wedge 35
White Fireman Steal $400,000 35 min Whites need Couns... 7
White Guy Late Delivering a Mark's Pizza 1 hr Sam 3
2nd man sought in alleged Facebook rape video 1 hr Wyatt Krakur 10
28 White Registered Sex Offenders 1 hr Siggy 4
More Revealations about Don Stirling in GFLawsuit 1 hr Disgusted 1
ALS 'Ice Bucket Challenge' turns tragic - 2 fir... 1 hr Disgusted 1

Search the Rochester Forum:
•••
•••

Rochester Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Rochester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Rochester News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Rochester
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••