Was Mayor Warren's Driver Speeding?

There are 20 comments on the Jan 13, 2014, WHAM-AM Rochester story titled Was Mayor Warren's Driver Speeding?. In it, WHAM-AM Rochester reports that:

Rochester N.Y.-The Albany Times Union is reporting today that Rochester Mayor Lovely Warren's uncle, who she hired to be her security guard, was stopped for speeding .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHAM-AM Rochester.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
C H Bessey

Farmington, NY

#1 Jan 13, 2014
Apparently Warren thinks she is exempt from the law. It is disgusting to see public figures like her shove it in the publics face. Certainly he should have been ticketed. Any ordinary citizen would probably be in jail
Observer

Pittsford, NY

#2 Jan 13, 2014
C H Bessey wrote:
Apparently Warren thinks she is exempt from the law. It is disgusting to see public figures like her shove it in the publics face. Certainly he should have been ticketed. Any ordinary citizen would probably be in jail
Abuse of power, friends and family etc.
Not a fan

United States

#3 Jan 13, 2014
I don't know how she was elected. I think the votes should have recounted
Chuck

Rochester, NY

#4 Jan 13, 2014
She will screw up again. Its just matter time. She was elected by blacks/liberals who want something for nothing or to help them poor blacks. The same clowns that voted Obama in.
Bart

Rochester, NY

#5 Jan 13, 2014
She never advertised her security positions? How could anyone apply? She did not want anyone to apply. Said it was routine to speed in a vehicle with officials in it. She was the official. So what if her bozo uncle lost control and killed innocent people on the Thruway? Id she is an official she feels she can break the lay? Great reasoning. Its ok to do 95MPH if you are special.
Observer

Pittsford, NY

#6 Jan 13, 2014
Bart wrote:
She never advertised her security positions? How could anyone apply? She did not want anyone to apply. Said it was routine to speed in a vehicle with officials in it. She was the official. So what if her bozo uncle lost control and killed innocent people on the Thruway? Id she is an official she feels she can break the lay? Great reasoning. Its ok to do 95MPH if you are special.
Her uncle should be fired, now. He jeopardized the safety of other drivers, and demonstrated that he can not make sensible decisions. Instead, she defended him by saying she was on the phone, and oblivious to the excessive speed. Yikes. Probably ordering the bronze statue of herself in front of City Hall.
Taxation without represen

Cleveland, OH

#7 Jan 13, 2014
Was she running from the corrupted Rottenchester police dept ?
The Only One

Rochester, NY

#8 Jan 13, 2014
Taxation without represen wrote:
Was she running from the corrupted Rottenchester police dept ?
You talk like a fool.
The Only One

Rochester, NY

#9 Jan 13, 2014
She's a con-artist, like Obuma and every black person.

“STOP PLAYING THE RACE CARD”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#11 Jan 13, 2014
Not a fan wrote:
I don't know how she was elected. I think the votes should have recounted
Simple, she had Assemblyman David Gantt and former Rochester Mayor Bill Johnson pulling the strings for her.

But with a 55 percent victory Tuesday, Warren—who had served as president of the City Council—affects a shift away from the downtown-centric interests represented by incumbent Tom Richards and his predecessors, and reestablishes the influence of her boss and most important political booster, Assemblyman David Gantt.

Yet another election determined by skin color rather than ability.
Racist White man

Rochester, NY

#12 Jan 13, 2014
The Only One wrote:
She's a con-artist, like Obuma and every black person.
Yep. Another Obama. She is going to screw up this city good.
JesusChrist

Rochester, NY

#14 Jan 13, 2014
http://rochester.twcnews.com/content/news/712...

How come all the talk is that she bought 2 Tahoes, when the picture in the news clearly shows a Suburban???
JesusChrist

Rochester, NY

#15 Jan 13, 2014
the suburbans aren't even LTZ's

“STOP PLAYING THE RACE CARD”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#16 Jan 13, 2014
Mayor Lovely Warren on Monday said her security detail was not stopped for speeding on the way to Albany last week but on the way back, and further reduced the estimate on how fast they were going.

Story: Mayor's security chief caught speeding, not ticketed

The head of her security and apparent driver was retired State Police investigator Reggie Hill, her uncle. He explained to the trooper that he was on a security detail, had done security for past governors and that going faster than the average traffic speed was standard practice. The trooper then explained to Hill that, "You are not doing security for the governor anymore, you need to slow down, next time I'm giving you a ticket," Warren said.

"We were going a little bit above 77 to 80 (mph)," she said, but added that she was on the phone and not watching the speedometer.

Speeding is speeding and if she was on the phone how would she know in the first place. She just pissed that she has to explain herself now.

The State Police issued a brief statement Monday afternoon that read: "We are aware it is possible a trooper effected discretion during a traffic stop involving the Mayor of Rochester last week. Having said that we want to be clear, we would never encourage or condone driving at an excessive rate of speed."
Lawd Have Mercy

Rochester, NY

#19 Jan 13, 2014
Isn't anyone going to hold the official whom refused to ticket the driver responsible ?

It was on that person to ticket the driver. Geesh, you people are as ignorant as they come.
PhukTheRPD

Rochester, NY

#20 Jan 13, 2014
I'd be happy if they put governors on all city vehicles so that they can not go over 65 MPH.
And also put them on all City Police Cars so that they can only go 35 MPH, as the city speed limit is only 35MPH and the city police cars should be staying inside of the city and not going to all the dunkin donuts in the burbs for 2 hour lunches.
AllDayEveryDay

Woburn, MA

#21 Jan 14, 2014
These people just can NOT obey any laws. They can't even drive the legal speed limit.
The man

Rochester, NY

#22 Jan 14, 2014
"We were going a little bit above 77 to 80 (mph)," she said, but added that she was on the phone and not watching the speedometer.

If she was on the phone and not watching the speedometer,
then HOW could she have possibly known their speed?

Sorry to inform you missy, but "above 77 to 80" is speeding and non-mayors would be ticketed. Above 85-90 and non-mayors would have been jailed.

If I get pulled over, I'm going to use the mayor defense. But then again, my Uncle Thug won't be driving.
Joe D

Rochester, NY

#25 Jan 14, 2014
The_ Patriot_USA wrote:
Mayor Lovely Warren on Monday said her security detail was not stopped for speeding on the way to Albany last week but on the way back, and further reduced the estimate on how fast they were going.
Story: Mayor's security chief caught speeding, not ticketed
The head of her security and apparent driver was retired State Police investigator Reggie Hill, her uncle. He explained to the trooper that he was on a security detail, had done security for past governors and that going faster than the average traffic speed was standard practice. The trooper then explained to Hill that, "You are not doing security for the governor anymore, you need to slow down, next time I'm giving you a ticket," Warren said.
Speeding is speeding and if she was on the phone how would she know in the first place. She just pissed that she has to explain herself now.

The State Police issued a brief statement Monday afternoon that read: "We are aware it is possible a trooper effected discretion during a traffic stop involving the Mayor of Rochester last week. Having said that we want to be clear, we would never encourage or condone driving at an excessive rate of speed."
Soon she will have the number down to 66 from 98. Reggie an ex State Trouper did not understand that speed kills? 2 fools in the car. I can not wait till she makes changes to the RPD and brings in her Nephew to be Chief of Police.
Joe D

Rochester, NY

#26 Jan 14, 2014
RePigs friend wrote:
Doesn't Lovely have a DL? If she does why does she have a driver? Does she think that she should be waited on hand and foot? There has been many mayors that drove themselves around the city, they knew that they weren't any better than the people that hired them to serve. This is one thing that is wrong in America, the elected elite think they are special and above the peons that voted them into office. Before all of you sheeple jump all over me I have to say that I feel the same about all of the public employees no matter what party they belong to. These are all low level public employees from the governor on down and deserve no special treatment, they work for US !!!
Another black that thinks she needs her ass wiped and needs to be served. Society owes it to me. Maggie Brooks drives her own car and so do the town supervisors.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FBI ---FaBrIcated (Fabricated Bogus Info) 44 min Yep 2
News City to reassess nuisance point system 1 hr LaTisha 2
Racist White Cop Gets to Quit Before Getting Fired 1 hr LaTisha 81
Break room ratings 4 hr Sammy D 259
News 19-year old dies in car accident (Aug '09) 5 hr Catherine misses you 26
App Brother Wease complains about? 7 hr Slammner 8
3 City Cops Hang Out In Irondequoit instead of ... 8 hr Deviant behavior 3
Amy Pierson: I Want Justice System To Work 9 hr ThirdWorldCommunity 48
More from around the web

Rochester People Search