How some criminals get legal firearms

Jan 6, 2013 Full story: Reno Gazette-Journal

Two years later, the rifle was used when a gang member unleashed its firepower into a Rochester, N.Y., house party, killing a 15-year-old girl.

Full Story

“Reality is settling in...”

Since: Nov 08

Stop sweating the small stuff.

#1 Jan 6, 2013
According to this story....
Thompson was the original and LEGAL owner of this weapon. He sold it for drugs and it become a Community firearm.

And he does ONE year for his role in the crime....

-SHOCKING!!!

Driven by addiction, Thompson apparently did not consider just how his legally purchased semiautomatic rifle would be used when in the hands of drug dealers. Now 36, he is free after a yearlong prison sentence.

"I must live with this thought of an innocent little girl with a chance for a good life gunned down without a chance," Thompson wrote in a letter to U.S. District Court Judge Charles Siragusa before his 2011 sentencing.

"This is because I gave a street thug a gun."

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#2 Jan 6, 2013
CapriceClassic wrote:
According to this story....
Thompson was the original and LEGAL owner of this weapon. He sold it for drugs and it become a Community firearm.
And he does ONE year for his role in the crime....
-SHOCKING!!!
Driven by addiction, Thompson apparently did not consider just how his legally purchased semiautomatic rifle would be used when in the hands of drug dealers. Now 36, he is free after a yearlong prison sentence.
"I must live with this thought of an innocent little girl with a chance for a good life gunned down without a chance," Thompson wrote in a letter to U.S. District Court Judge Charles Siragusa before his 2011 sentencing.
"This is because I gave a street thug a gun."
How many guns did your boys Obama & holder give/sell to Mexican drug gangs??? Don't be bashful, everyone knows yo boys is guilty as hell.
joemomma

Avon, NY

#3 Jan 6, 2013
Blacks have always been #1 killers. The kill more people in 1 month than anybody else. There is no fix for a race that's dumber than rocks. Look at the schools with this trash race.

“Reality is settling in...”

Since: Nov 08

Stop sweating the small stuff.

#4 Jan 6, 2013
joemomma wrote:
Blacks have always been #1 killers. The kill more people in 1 month than anybody else. There is no fix for a race that's dumber than rocks. Look at the schools with this trash race.
99.99% of school massacres are done in Suburban neighborhood schools. Minority schools are PRO-active, not RE-active when it comes to gun violence and schools.

Metal detectors have prevented many school shootings, thank you.

What was your point again???

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#5 Jan 7, 2013
CapriceClassic wrote:
<quoted text>
99.99% of school massacres are done in Suburban neighborhood schools. Minority schools are PRO-active, not RE-active when it comes to gun violence and schools.
Metal detectors have prevented many school shootings, thank you.
What was your point again???
Agree with some of what you were trying to get across,but what are your feelings about the murders that take place on the streets? Chicago=400+--Detroit=300+--Ca mden NJ= 165+-- LA/Compton= 300+ Rochester=30+ just to name a few last year. 99.9 % of these murders are with stolen/illegal guns.Do you believe that more gun laws would help or if the laws we have on the books now were enforced and the thugs were sent to prison for a min of 10 years (non murder crimes using guns) would stop most of these killings? I go with enforcing the laws to their fullest before any "new" laws are enacted. Just asking/saying.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
First Rochester Sonic restaurant set to open th... 23 min south wedge 7
No jobs in Auburn 1 hr Country Boy 3
There should be a job openings website 7 hr Diamond Daisy 1
Local Bar Trying to be Famous on behalf of dead... 7 hr Fraud 2
The Irondequoit Police Department using the dea... 7 hr Fraud 3
Local restaurant uses dead cop for publicity 7 hr Fraud 3
Matthew Straton's mom sues Dr. Lewek 7 hr Kym Straton 16
Common core sex ed caught by 6th grade phone pi... 9 hr Withheld 32
•••
•••